Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Pacquiao go from getting rocked by JMM to taking Cottos best shots...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
    Hate Giver this is raba.......shut the **** up nukkah
    pinche.......

my bad neckro.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      The punch Marquez rocked Pacqiauo with in there 2nd fight was alot cleaner then anything Cotto landed, plus it was a counterpunch and caught Pacqiauo off balance. Thats why counterpunchers with good timing I.e Marquez, tend to have more success with Pacqiauo because due to his style they find it easier to catch him off balance.
      got to agree with this, the shot that stunned pacquiao which was more noted was when he was moving. clearly we can see that his feet were not yet firmly planted on the ground he was still on the way back to setting his feet down when he was caught in the jaw. what was stunning then is how he immediately recovered from it. actually was he really rocked by that shot or it just grazed his jaw? he was seen buckled but isnt that just normal when off balanced just like in playing basketball when one jumps, even when the feet is only an inch from the ground, can be easily toppled down even by a slight push? just like what we do in judo, we pull the back of the collar towards us, we anticipate the other foot(back) to lift from the floor causing off balance, we timed it with a sweep of the other foot(front) and the opponent come tumbling down.

Comment

Like nothing? No this isn't a troll thread and I hate that b*tch Mayweather so you Mayweather fans stay the **** out of my thread or I'll put you on ignore.

Seriously how does someone improve the way he takes shots by bigger stronger men just by going up in weight while when they were smaller they got rocked by fighters their same size but Pacquiao doesn't get rocked by bigger men like Cotto who packs a punch.

Is it endurance/resistance training? What is it?
        Seriously brah,i try to keep my mouth shut but in a way i wonder alot.No matter how manny times its flipped upside down,twirled in different ways,spun around,i just dont get it.
        Last edited by AP♠; 08-24-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

1. Marquez used Pacquiao's own foward momentum against him. Marquez has the courage(and skill) to throw a punch in the middle of Pacquiao's foward attack, which is risky but pays off a lot more.
          2. Marquez has hitting Pacquiao much more flush than Cotto was, whos best landed shots were still partially blocked. Marquez hit him straight on the jaw on face, those hurt more.
          3. Cotto was tentative after getting dropped. You could tell the power on his punches was lowered dramatically after the 4th round, because in the middle of his attack(when he was doing well) he got caught by an unorthodox punch and was put on his butt. If you dont mentally commit to your punches, they lose a lot of their power.
          4. Marquez flat out has a better straight right hand than Cotto.
          5. Marquez throws better combinations than Cotto
          6. Cotto's left hook has too much loop to it. That works against a southpaw moving backwards, but Pacquiao primarily moves foward and screws up the angle. Likewise with his jab, he sticks it out really far, as opposed to Marquez who makes it really short and sort of just stuffs it out there. Against Pacquiao, Marquez's works better.
          7. ...Thats all I have.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            1. Marquez used Pacquiao's own foward momentum against him. Marquez has the courage(and skill) to throw a punch in the middle of Pacquiao's foward attack, which is risky but pays off a lot more.
            2. Marquez has hitting Pacquiao much more flush than Cotto was, whos best landed shots were still partially blocked. Marquez hit him straight on the jaw on face, those hurt more.
            3. Cotto was tentative after getting dropped. You could tell the power on his punches was lowered dramatically after the 4th round, because in the middle of his attack(when he was doing well) he got caught by an unorthodox punch and was put on his butt. If you dont mentally commit to your punches, they lose a lot of their power.
            4. Marquez flat out has a better straight right hand than Cotto.
            5. Marquez throws better combinations than Cotto
            6. Cotto's left hook has too much loop to it. That works against a southpaw moving backwards, but Pacquiao primarily moves foward and screws up the angle. Likewise with his jab, he sticks it out really far, as opposed to Marquez who makes it really short and sort of just stuffs it out there. Against Pacquiao, Marquez's works better.
            7. ...Thats all I have.
            very good!

Comment

i dont recall neither opponent truly 'rocking' PAC

if you're talkin about getting hit, then yes...as we all know, JMM is a brilliant counterpuncher that was able to tag PAC in exchanges

as for the Cotto fight, he saw those punches coming...hell, he DARED Cotto to hit him

Comment

He wasn't caught flush too many times but his face was swollen up after the fight. Pac never really gets dropped from flush hits, he is no greater now then he was then.

Comment

that is what GREATNESS is all about. something you dont think it would happen but it did happen. making Barrera quit. Manny was not even close to being at his best. he was a one dimentional boxer who was only relying on his speed and his left hand power and made Barrera quit. he learned from Morales fight. he wouldnt win all his fights by just being fast. need a game plan and patience. had a close fight against Marquez. i think super featherweight was Marquez best weight. no one was giving him a chance against Dela Hoya. he made Dela Hoya quit. against Hatton nobody ever thought he could finish him in 2 rounds. not even boxing experts or boxing fans. he busted Cottos face. took a beating of his life. worst than the beating he took from Margacheato. people couldnt believe specially HATERS what Manny has done. so they will try to discredit him.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                    that is what GREATNESS is all about. something you dont think it would happen but it did happen. making Barrera quit. Manny was not even close to being at his best. he was a one dimentional boxer who was only relying on his speed and his left hand power and made Barrera quit. he learned from Morales fight. he wouldnt win all his fights by just being fast. need a game plan and patience. had a close fight against Marquez. i think super featherweight was Marquez best weight. no one was giving him a chance against Dela Hoya. he made Dela Hoya quit. against Hatton nobody ever thought he could finish him in 2 rounds. not even boxing experts or boxing fans. he busted Cottos face. took a beating of his life. worst than the beating he took from Margacheato. people couldnt believe specially HATERS what Manny has done. so they will try to discredit him.

Comment

Like nothing? No this isn't a troll thread and I hate that b*tch Mayweather so you Mayweather fans stay the **** out of my thread or I'll put you on ignore.

Seriously how does someone improve the way he takes shots by bigger stronger men just by going up in weight while when they were smaller they got rocked by fighters their same size but Pacquiao doesn't get rocked by bigger men like Cotto who packs a punch.

Is it endurance/resistance training? What is it?
                      he also got rocked by anexoric Erik Morales and struggled with the likes of Agapito Sanchez but dominates Joshua Clottey

Comment

Working...
                      X