No announcement yet.

Javier Capetillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Regardless of the circumstances of the discovery the facts remain: The wraps was illegal. This is not disputed. And there's no way no how the CSAC can be responsible for that.
    Its a technicality. Nothing serious though.

If they would've put cotton balls that would be illegal too. The pads he put on the wraps were harmless.

Like cotton balls, but made of gauze instead of cotton.

The CSAC is a joke of an organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
      WTF man? You on your period today or what?

I'm not asking you to give me specifics about detailed conversations, I'm trying to see if you can give a general character evaluation of the guy that would justify your claim that he's "shady"...

If general terms are still too much for you, then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Yes. Because they watched him wrap the hand and didn't define it as "illegal" until Richardson started mouthing off about it.

Everyone wraps hands different in boxing.
      brought what up? that you're a moron who still believes Capetillo was somehow wronged in this

are you kidding?

did you not see the pics of the pads? lotion my ass it flaked

conversations about some of the things that pertained to what went on in camp. A lot of disareement over how Tony was being treated, about how Cap ran his camp etc etc. Is that general enough for you?

Comment

If they would've put cotton balls that would be illegal too. The pads he put on the wraps were harmless.

Like cotton balls, but made of gauze instead of cotton.

Cotton balls? I don't know from where you got that piece of strange info. Anyways it doesn't matter. The wraps was illegal and the CSAC gave Margarito the harshest penalty they could give which was a one year ban. I think it would have been a somewhat lesser penalty if it was only 'cotton balls'.

Comment

Not only is Capetillo a badass but hes an amazing trainer. In a way Capetillo reminds me of Cus D'Amato for the way they created a fearless monster. There was nothing wrong with the handwraps for Tony until Richardson went wild. At that point about 17 different people touched Tonys wraps leaving it to tampered evidence that cannot be used in court.

You see this is the part where everyone fails at...The wraps were old ok..now two storys came out the locker room...one was the wraps were hard meaning they were used before and the other was they were wet meaning by round 5 they turned into stone...

Obviously something is not right and the storys got mixed. In all reality the wraps were old gym ones and tony just put on lotion.

For you geniuses with the wrap picture....wtf happened to them? if thats evidence in a store room why the hell would anyone throw them out to the garbage like a empty soda can? Evidence is preserved. There is no evidence that Tony did anything. CSAC is just trying to f Tony up and throw any kind of BS to deny him a license.

The reason he didnt go to them first was because they F'ed him over to begin with so there was no point to go to the same people that backstabbed you. I get the feeling GBP set up Tony, De La Hoya sounds so desprate always saying "Keep Margarito Ban Forever!!" something isnt right.

Comment

Like cotton balls,
            but made of gauze instead of cotton.

LOL. Marg got suspended for having cotton balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              brought what up? that you're a moron who still believes Capetillo was somehow wronged in this

are you kidding?

did you not see the pics of the pads? lotion my ass it flaked

conversations about some of the things that pertained to what went on in camp. A lot of disareement over how Tony was being treated, about how Cap ran his camp etc etc. Is that general enough for you?
              Whatever dipshit. Next time don't bring up your "inside" info if you're gonna clam up about it when someone asks you to elaborate.

Take your Midol and see me when your bout of ****-itis expires.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Cotton balls? I don't know from where you got that piece of strange info. Anyways it doesn't matter. The wraps was illegal and the CSAC gave Margarito the harshest penalty they could give which was a one year ban. I think it would have been a somewhat lesser penalty if it was only 'cotton balls'.
              Nah, it was actually the lightest possible penalty. When someone does something serious, they are suspended for life. A la Resto.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                Not only is Capetillo a badass but hes an amazing trainer. In a way Capetillo reminds me of Cus D'Amato for the way they created a fearless monster. There was nothing wrong with the handwraps for Tony until Richardson went wild. At that point about 17 different people touched Tonys wraps leaving it to tampered evidence that cannot be used in court.

You see this is the part where everyone fails at...The wraps were old ok..now two storys came out the locker room...one was the wraps were hard meaning they were used before and the other was they were wet meaning by round 5 they turned into stone...

Obviously something is not right and the storys got mixed. In all reality the wraps were old gym ones and tony just put on lotion.

For you geniuses with the wrap picture....wtf happened to them? if thats evidence in a store room why the hell would anyone throw them out to the garbage like a empty soda can? Evidence is preserved. There is no evidence that Tony did anything. CSAC is just trying to f Tony up and throw any kind of BS to deny him a license.

The reason he didnt go to them first was because they F'ed him over to begin with so there was no point to go to the same people that backstabbed you. I get the feeling GBP set up Tony, De La Hoya sounds so desprate always saying "Keep Margarito Ban Forever!!" something isnt right.
                Yes, the inept lawyer that they assigned Tony didn't bring up the chain of custody with those wraps. It seems everyone and their mother touched them.

Furthermore, I would argue that the interpreters that have been assigned to him, the one at the latest hearing in particular have been beyond atrocious. I mean that guy could barely speak English ffs.

How is the commission supposed to understand the full fidelity of Tony's testimony when the guy assigned to him speaks English like a field worker.

Also notice the self aggrandizing nature of the CSAC and arrogance against Tony when it was their own man that made the mistake.
                Has Che Guevarra or any commission members been docked pay or suspended for their role?

Of course not, because they're the CSAC and they could **** up as much as they want and not be held accountable.

After all, this is the same **** commission that has allowed mismatches to occur under its jurisdiction for years. Only last year the allowed Kris "cyborg" to fight someone whom she outweighed by 20+ pounds on fight night.

So I laugh when they sit up there on their collective high horses, a bunch of useless pencil necked bureaucrats who have never built, or achieved anything much less boxed for a living espousing the virtues of "safety" in boxying.

Something they know nothing about.

Comment

Ohhhhh...so because they ban Margarito for a year, and then extend it,

CSAC becomes a joke?

Take this!

Comment

The question remains: Will Margo pursue litigation against the CSAC?

Cause if he ain't, he can't complain that he was shafted by them and move on.

He admitted guilt and was hardly remorseful when questioned in the hearings.

Comment

How about this, Dick? We'll find someone of your approximate size and skill and have the two of you fight. We'll wrap your hands normally and then insert a knuckle pad that has been covered in plaster into your opponents wraps, and then see if you are still willing to step in the ring with him given your assertion it was/is nothing dangerous. If that is not anything dangerous, then you should be perfectly at ease stepping in the ring and going thorugh with the fight, correct? And if it turned out the punches sure did feel alot more solid and hurt more, you would simply attribute that to some other factor...but definitely not the inserts, right?

If you REALLY believe what you are saying, then you shouldnt have any problem fighting someone who did the exact same thing, right? And dont give me some stupid answer like "Im not a boxer so I wouldnt fight him in the first place!"...this is hypothetical.

Comment

Working...
                      X