Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito!! or NO FIGHT!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    i hope that is not true. manny says he fights for pride and to be the best.

manny is not like floyd. always asking for money.
    manny wanted ,more money against oscar ricky and now margarito so if he doesn't fight for money why was there an issue over money in both oscar and ricky fights

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      news I have been hearing

Ward and Dirrell do not care to fight each other and there is serious wonderings as to whether this fight happens

Antonio Escalante vs Daniel Ponce is rumored to be on the Sept 18th PPV card

Margarito's hearing is tomorrow and the following states have assured Arum that once this meeting is done they will expedite a meeting and approve him to fight in their state NJ, Oregon (don't laugh I think they have lenient tax laws), and Texas. I also heard that Cali may actually approve his right to fight IF he drops his lawsuit against them

Perro's money quest was not solely based on the number he got but the people who would get a % off of what he makes

Dawson's financial issues do not solely lie on his doorstep there is some shady things going on

Frankie Gomez will be back Sept 18th but not against the tough Ernesto Zepeda

Mike Dallas and Josesito Lopez, fresh off his nice win over Cordova on FBF, are being mentioned in a Shobox clash
      Thanks again for the info bro.. Not surprised with some of that.

Angulo needs to watch his $$$ and get what he deserves.

Feel kinda bad for Chad.. hopefully everything turns around for him. He went from creepin up in the main event spotlight, to dropping out of the p4p list.

But that Ward/Dirrell match-up needs to happen. I would have thought that they would be required to fight each other entering the super 6. Why would it be an issue now?

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post

yep same here I rather debate and respect after all is said and done

yes sir this sport is thriving IMO
      You already know man. Internet ain't that serious.. At the end of the day we are all boxing fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
        Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants $ 22.5 MILLION Guaranteed for Margarito.

It has been reported by several sources that Pacquiao has demanded Bob Arum guarantee him more money than Floyd Mayweather got against Shane Mosley in May. Which According to contracts filled with The Nevada Athletic Commission was $22,500,000.

Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao wants to become the highest paid fighter in boxing, and he is now demanding Bob Arum make it happen for the Margarito fight.

According to numerous reports, Manny is asking for one dollar more Guaranteed Money than what Mayweather receive for Mosley which would be
        $22,500,001.

Which now the question has to be asked, Why is Manny Pacquiao so concerned about making the exact amount Mayweather made for his last fight against Mosley, better yet he wants 1 dollar more.

Based on Pacquiao previous Guaranteed Purses, His demand of $22,500,001.
        Dollars should be considered absurd.

Because as showed the figures below, he is only averaging $ 7.16 Million guranteed in his last 6 fights, and his highest Guaranteed Purse was $12 Million according to most reports.

Remind you that, in order for HBO and Top Rank to break even on that request Manny vs. Margarito would have to at least hit 1.2 Million buys which would probably net $54 Million in PPV revenue, and his gate would have to exceed $10 Million dollars.

Question of the Thread

So the question now is, do you guys think Manny is justifed in his request of a guarantee of $22,500,001 million dollars against Margarito considering his past Fight Revenue income generated?

Manny Pacquiao Guaranteed Purses:
        Pacquiao $12 Million vs. Clottey $1.5 Million
        Pacquiao $7.5 million vs. Miguel Cotto $4 Million
        Pacquiao $12 million vs. Ricky Hatton $11 Million
        Pacquiao $6 Million vs. De la Hoya $20 Million
        Pacquiao $3 million vs. David Diaz 800k
        Pacquiao $2.5 Million vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 2 $500
        Pacquiao $650.000 vs Juan Manuel Marquez $500k

Manny Pacquiao Average Guaranteed Purse for his Past 6 Fights: $ 7.16 Million

Pacquiao's 12 pay-per-view fights
        6.25 million buys and $320 million
        June 2008: Pacquiao vs. David Diaz 250k PPV = $12.5 Million
        Dec 2008: Pacquiao vs. De la Hoya 1.25M PPV= $70 Million
        May 2009: Pacquaio vs. Ricky Hatton 800k PPV= $43 Million
        Nov 2009: Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto 1.25 M PPV = $68 Million
        Mar 2010: Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey 700k PPV= $35 Million

other ppv:
        Pacquaio vs. Morales 350,000 PPV
        Pacquiao vs. Morales II- 355,000 buys
        PACQUIAO vs. BARRERA 350,000 PPV
        Pacquaio vs. Marquez I 360,000 PPV
        Pacquaio vs. MarquezII 400,000 buys
        But, but, wait! Manny Pacquaio doesn't fight for money! He fights for glory and to please the fans. Floyd "Money" Mayweather is the only boxer who cares more about money than he does the fans. This can't be true! Manny is so humble! He only cares about pleasing the fans! He only cares about his legacy and wants to become the first fighter to win titles in eight weight divisions! Say it ain't so, Horus! Say it ain't so!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          But, but, wait! Manny Pacquaio doesn't fight for money! He fights for glory and to please the fans. Floyd "Money" Mayweather is the only boxer who cares more about money than he does the fans. This can't be true! Manny is so humble! He only cares about pleasing the fans! He only cares about his legacy and wants to become the first fighter to win titles in eight weight divisions! Say it ain't so, Horus! Say it ain't so!
          Only difference between Floyd and Pac is that Pac has a front.

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            Hey will be boxing wont he? How can he not deserve it if he gets in the ring and puts in a nights work? Everything else is irrelevent to how much Margarito should get payed.

Margarito doesn't have even one significant win at 154. Neither does Pacquiao. Not hard to figure out really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
              Yeah Manny "MONEY" Pacquiao is now his name name.
              He asking for a Guaranteed Purses of $22,500,001 million dollars.

When he is only averaging $ 7.16 Million guranteed in his last 6 fights, and his highest Guaranteed Purse was $12 Million according to most reports.

Manny is being far from unreasonable. lol
              Lerts see Bob's next move.
              Not to mention the fact that his last fight only generated 700,000 PPV buys and this one will generate fewer PPV buys.

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                manny wanted ,more money against oscar ricky and now margarito so if he doesn't fight for money why was there an issue over money in both oscar and ricky fights
                its arum's fault. why do we have to hear what happens between manny and his promoter?

manny just wants to fight the best.

Comment

• Now, that makes sense, pac is finally learning how to twist arum's arms.

Comment

• Originally posted by T.I. View Post
                    Thanks again for the info bro.. Not surprised with some of that.

Angulo needs to watch his $$$ and get what he deserves.
                    he is. If anything Perro is all about his money and isn't afraid to voice his opinion about it. It's the people who are getting a piece of his pie that of question now. Do not be surprised to see Perro fight next year instead of this year.....Feb 5th to be exact

Feel kinda bad for Chad.. hopefully everything turns around for him. He went from creepin up in the main event spotlight, to dropping out of the p4p list.
                    don't feel too bad for Chad a lot of this falls on him and his lack of true boxing acumen and no business savvy. His deal with Jay Prince is a real bad one but one he willingly went into. He chose his manager Mike Criscio etc etc

But that Ward/Dirrell match-up needs to happen. I would have thought that they would be required to fight each other entering the super 6. Why would it be an issue now?
                    because I think now they are both in a spot where they truely can be the champ of this thing and realized they have to fight each other for it. I heard that they wanted their fight to be the final and Showtime laughed

You already know man. Internet ain't that serious.. At the end of the day we are all boxing fans.
                    indeed and if you ever at the same event I am let me know I got you for a few beer or drinks

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                      Now, that makes sense, pac is finally learning how to twist arum's arms.
                      was bob cheating manny before?

Comment

Working...
                      X