No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post

Pernell Whitaker stretched to the limit by come forward Julio Cesar Chavez.

And even Floyd Mayweather himself arguably beaten by 1dimensional Jose luis Castillo.
    if you believe that whitaker v chavez was anything other than a boxing clinic by whitaker then you are an arsehole

and mayweather had one arm to fight with in the first as he injured his shoulder

in the second fight he pitched a shutout

close the thread you know **** all about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by matic21 View Post
      The TS is a freakin' idiot that has no idea wtf he is talking about.

Kosta a slow plodder?

Whitaker beaten by Chavez? It's so obvious that you havn't even seen the fight. These Boxrec warriors piss me off!

And you don't have to African American to be slick, Nicolino Locche was one of the slickest boxer ever.

You closet racists just keep making excuses to s.hit on Black fighters any chance you get. Like that idiot SlimShandy.
      Well when people call Roy Jones Slick and don't Mention Willie Fuking Pep it's pretty obvious that reverse racism is pretty much in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
        if
        in the second fight(floyd vs Castillo II) he pitched a shutout

The judges scored the second fight closer than the first one you fuking imbacile!

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
          Dude said Kostya was a "slow plodder"....

If you are going break down a "myth", KNOW the fighters you mentioned.

He obviously doesn't know the fighters and didn't see the fights. "Whitaker stretched to the limit by Chavez" "Tszyu a slow plodder" lol

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            lol at your short list of matches hahaha you list a few fights in which the slicker fighter lost so now all of a Sudden the slick style doesn't work? lol

many of the Greatest fighters of all times was "SLICK", that is what separate them from the rest, the guys of their ERA couldn't handle their speed, and why do some people labeling every black fighter "Slick" do your homework and learn your Boxing History, I guess many of you never heard of Willie Pep? Being Fast and Athletic does not mean you are Slick, SLICK to me is more on the defensive side, it is a fighter that is tough to hit, Slick is not just a guy that is fast, Slipping Punches is the major part of being "slick"

anyway but what is with all the HATE on Black Fighters, for some reason people just love to criticize Black Fighters and point out all of their Flaws but they don't point out others who lack defense and boxing skills, when others lack defense and take punches to the face people say "they have heart" "they have a great chin" "they are Warriors" blah blah blah but when fighters like Williams or Berto stand in and fight and take their punches and give punches back, people are quick to point out their lack of great defense

That's NSB in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Since when does Martinez have a black style? He is a boxer and is dominant. I wouldn't really call him a defense first doesn't like to get hit boxer like Spinks or Mayweather though.

& Robert Duran beat Leonard.. so I dunno what you talking about.

Spinks and Mayweather fight nothing alike. And how is Mayweather any more defensive than Martinez? That's a perfect example of a racial double standard. Mayweather "runs" but Martinez "fights". And Spinks and Mayweather's style are not similar in the least bit. They have nothing in common other than they're both black.
              Last edited by Calilloyd; 08-19-2010, 06:31 PM.

Comment

You don't have to be African American to be slick...

Slick fighters just happen to give certain fighters problems...

Camacho isn't black...neither was Benitez...
                Last edited by -EX-; 08-19-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
                  if you believe that whitaker v chavez was anything other than a boxing clinic by whitaker then you are an arsehole

and mayweather had one arm to fight with in the first as he injured his shoulder

in the second fight he pitched a shutout

WTF are you really serious? You get people who really dont know boxing but the first fight was: 116-111, 115-111 and 115-111

the second fight was 115-113, 116-113 and 115-113

That makes the second fight closer and def not a shut out

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                    [/B]

That's NSB in a nutshell.
                    Well,the poblem is american black fighters tend to be overrated in our days because they dominated boxing before.

So,Berto,Williams,Bradley,Alexander,Dawson.
                    I'm sorry but hey,they are,were, the most overrated fighters in the game,SO,non blacks are pissed.

I wasn't surprised AT ALL Kotelnik and Pascal HANDLED those 2 future "greats".
                    I knew,Dawson always fed on slow flat footed fighters and was going to troubles with Pascal speed.
                    Same for Kotelnik,the guy handled an hurricane like Maidana,he has a frustrating style and I knew,Alexander,who is more a puncher than a sweet Pernell would trouble like Maidana.
                    Khan is 5.11 and the faster cat in the game.

Berto and Bradley,once they step up and stop fighting showtime caliber fighters will get KTFO.

WARD is the only real deal out there.

We always hear about Euro fighters being bum.

Look Froch,the guy has wins over Taylor,Pascal and Dirrell (a SD but not a so called robbery).
                    He is called a flawed fighter,a bum,but if he had that slick style and was american,with a record like that,he would make the P4P lists.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      lol at your short list of matches hahaha you list a few fights in which the slicker fighter lost so now all of a Sudden the slick style doesn't work? lol

many of the Greatest fighters of all times was "SLICK", that is what separate them from the rest, the guys of their ERA couldn't handle their speed, and why do some people labeling every black fighter "Slick" do your homework and learn your Boxing History, I guess many of you never heard of Willie Pep? Being Fast and Athletic does not mean you are Slick, SLICK to me is more on the defensive side, it is a fighter that is tough to hit, Slick is not just a guy that is fast, Slipping Punches is the major part of being "slick"

anyway but what is with all the HATE on Black Fighters, for some reason people just love to criticize Black Fighters and point out all of their Flaws but they don't point out others who lack defense and boxing skills, when others lack defense and take punches to the face people say "they have heart" "they have a great chin" "they are Warriors" blah blah blah but when fighters like Williams or Berto stand in and fight and take their punches and give punches back, people are quick to point out their lack of great defense
                      I notice that bull**** to. But it is what it is playboy.

Comment

Working...
                      X