No announcement yet.

Slick african american style is a myth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Is the guy in ur sig the guy who i heard did a great job of emulating floyd mayweather's style for sparring for oscar delahoya???
    Never heard of Sadam Ali emulating Floyd's style...and definently not sparring with Oscar...

Sadam's a welterweight...and just came on the scene(as a pro)

Comment

• Americans need to stop with the hype.

Americans drop fighters like a bad habit when that boxer looks bad or loses.

Comment

• Pernell Whitaker outclassed Chavez that night. Chavez as great as he was he had the most problems with boxers. Guys like Sweet pea, Meldrick Taylor and of course Frankie Randall. Randall boxed circles around him both fights. Gave him the jab angles everything just had julio confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
          No he didn't and I thought he won the fight. But he did NOT fight every second of the fight. In fact, that was a criticism against him. That he didn't do enough. And who exactly is "overrating" these black fighters? Every fighter in boxing gets overrated by their fans. You have bigoted hang ups about black fighters as if they're exclusive when it comes to being overrated. I've read enough of your post to see through it. I don't know of any fighter more overrated than Edwin Valero. And Bradley's resume ****s all over Valero's. I've never seen you complain about that though. For obvious reasons. Dawson loses and now he "sucks" as if that was the only fight of his career. Khan got KTFO but you think he's the best at 140 over Bradley. Don't pretend like you're being objective because it's clear as day that you're not. And you claiming that the 140 pound divison has been overrated is just stupid. Name all of the better divisions.
          I never said Kahn is the best 140 pounder,I said he's 5.11 and has A+ speed,that's why he beat easy Kotelnik who isn't a puncher.

Kahn has been exposed and actually isn't really rated,still.

Read well my post,I'm not talking about black fighters,but slick afro american fighters.

They have an overrated style,it's just a style btw many others.

They are overhyped by american medias dominating the world boxing medias.And so by some fans thinking Bert Sugar knows his boxing altough he never laced up gloves even to hit a punching bag.

You disagree?Guess what?
          NO PROBLEM!

OK 140 isn't overrated,but let's see what happen when they move up to 147 and fight a Mosley,a Mayweather,a Pacquiao or to 154 and fight a Martinez or a Williams.
          It's a hot division with characters but none are P4P fighters.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BillyBoxing;9072120]I never said Kahn is the best 140 pounder,I said he's 5.11 and has A+ speed,that's why he beat easy Kotelnik who isn't a puncher.

Read well my post,I'm not talking about black fighters,but slick afro american fighters.

They are overhyped by american medias dominating the world boxing medias.And so by some fans thinking Bert Sugar knows his boxing altough he never laced up gloves even to hit a punching bag.

You disagree?Guess what?
            NO PROBLEM!

OK 140 isn't overrated,but let's see what happen when they move up to 147 and fight a Mosley,a Mayweather,a Pacquiao or to 154 and fight a Martinez or a Williams.
            It's a hot division with characters but none are P4P fighters.[/
            QUOTE]

What happens when they move up is irrelevant. The 140 pound division may be the most competitive in boxing right now. And that is not in any way arguable. And Khan is highly rated. I don't know where you get that "he's not rated".

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Shiherlis View Post
              who can forget the ultimate example of "slick" african american vs. "brawler" mexican: meldrick taylor vs. chavez.

despite poor taylor winning many rounds early on he paid a dear price and was destroyed for life.
              your just trying to make this a race thing obviously because Taylor wasn't even all that slick of a fighter, every black fighter is not "Slick"

BUT FRANKIE RANDELL was lol and "WHO CAN FORGET" that fight he had with Chavez
              Last edited by sicko; 08-19-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

The slickest and greatest of them all got battered by brawling Joe Frazier. Guess which of the 2 has speech problems
                Floyd Mayweather?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Calilloyd;9072135]
                  Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  I never said Kahn is the best 140 pounder,I said he's 5.11 and has A+ speed,that's why he beat easy Kotelnik who isn't a puncher.

You disagree?Guess what?
                  NO PROBLEM!

It's a hot division with characters but none are P4P fighters.[/
                  QUOTE]

What happens when they move up is irrelevant. The 140 pound division may be the most competitive in boxing right now. And that is not in any way arguable. And Khan is highly rated. I don't know where you get that "he's not rated".
                  He is not rated P4P.

Well,I hope...

Comment

Only in NSB does the idea that the "slick african american" style is somehow superior exist. Propagated only recently by *****s and pachaters. But boxing history shows us time and time again the "slick" style beaten and battered by styles that were supposedly tailor made for them.

Chad Dawson outworked by Jean Pascal

Zab Judah beaten by slow plodders Kostya tsyu and Carlos Baldomir

Roy Jones jr beaten by southpaw Antonio Tarver

Pernell Whitaker stretched to the limit by come forward Julio Cesar Chavez.

And even Floyd Mayweather himself arguably beaten by 1dimensional Jose luis Castillo.
                    First off Dawson, Judah, and Roy are NOT slick fighters.

Secondly, did you even watch the Chavez-Whitaker fight?

Thirdly, Floyd had a torn rotator cuff and still beat Castillo.

4th: Since when is Kostya a "slow plodder".

This thread blows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      Slick pure boxers have always ruled boxing, brawlers always get whooped on and they have short careers that end with them having speech problems.
                      wasn't james toney slick? roger and floyd? still i can't fawking understand them when they talk

Comment

Working...
                      X