No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson: "I'm very comfortable @ 172 lbs to fight Lucian Bute"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Nah, he just has a better resume and was allowed to prove himself at the higher weight. After he lost to Dawson, he beat Bell and Cunningham in less than a year and a half.
    He looked a lot better to me at cruiser than he did at 175.

Tarver was not shot, he had just beaten Woods better than Cloud did.
    Yes he is. Further he took the worst beating in his life by Hopkins in the only meaningful fight prior.

And if he wasn't shot for the first fight he was a VERY FADED and deteriorated version of his former self.

After Dawson easily decisioned Johnson the second time around, he knocked out a top 10 Lt. Heavyweight in 5 rounds and gave your boy the toughest fight of his life. Unless you're gonna put your scorecard up and round analysis, I'm not going to argue the result of the first Johnson fight.
    Oh **** did I say Glen Johnson was a shot fighter? Nope. I said he beat Dawson the first fight (imo)* and Dawson's win over him the second time was a great win, even if it was a 40 year old Johnson.

You can go back and re-read that part if you have to.

*I'm not going to post a damn scorecard as that fight was debated to death after it already happened. You can pull up all the old threads and see there were a ****load of people who thought Johnson won. Either way it was a close fight no matter who you had winning and Dawson was clearly hurt multiple times.

Hopkins has a 17+ year head start, for the next 5 years Dawson will put himself in ATG talks. After he beats Pascal and undefeated Bute/Cloud, he'll be a first ballot HOFer at 28/29.
    hehe not sure about all that you're getting way ahead of yourself. Dawson has great potential but it's way to early to even mention All Time Great.

True, I'm not denying that. What I am saying is that the 3 names I mentioned are better than the names you mentioned. Hopkins got greedy and lowballed Adamek. Offered him $400K no upside for attendance take it or leave it. HBO gave him $4 million for that fight, for him to negotiate a deal.

It's his fault, he could've been the Cruiserweight Champ and retired after that.

The low ball offer by hopkins was the first attempt. They actually ended up agreeing to a 60/40 split in hopkins favor but the problem was this was torwards the end of the year and HBO was refusing to release it's 2009 (or 2010?) budget for boxing, as they were taking some big budget cuts. Rather than wait to see if HBO would approve the fight, Adamek fought Golota in Poland for some seriously good money, no fault there on his part and I certainly don't blame him for it.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 08-13-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Nah, he just has a better resume and was allowed to prove himself at the higher weight. After he lost to Dawson, he beat Bell and Cunningham in less than a year and a half.

Tarver was not shot, he had just beaten Woods better than Cloud did. After Dawson easily decisioned Johnson the second time around, he knocked out a top 10 Lt. Heavyweight in 5 rounds and gave your boy the toughest fight of his life. Unless you're gonna put your scorecard up and round analysis, I'm not going to argue the result of the first Johnson fight.

Hopkins has a 17+ year head start, for the next 5 years Dawson will put himself in ATG talks. After he beats Pascal and undefeated Bute/Cloud, he'll be a first ballot HOFer at 28/29.

True, I'm not denying that. What I am saying is that the 3 names I mentioned are better than the names you mentioned. Hopkins got greedy and lowballed Adamek. Offered him $400K no upside for attendance take it or leave it. HBO gave him $4 million for that fight, for him to negotiate a deal.

It's his fault, he could've been the Cruiserweight Champ and retired after that.
      beating Pascal who is no mor eproven than Segundo mercado, actually less prooven is no HOF accomplishment. Butes best win is Andrate nuff said. Dawson has a long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        I love how some people tries to twist things and make it as if Dawson only chased down and fought OLD Fighters on purpose to build up his resume, they fail to mention how Tarver and Johnson was at the top of that division during that time

Tarver was the Champion, he lost then he used his Mandatory rematch and Dawson beat him again, if Dawson wanted to get to the top of that division he really had NO CHOICE BUT to get past them, it is not like it was any YOUNG fighters at the top of that division during that time...DAWSON WAS THE YOUNG FIGHTER in that division, he was Calling out Calzaghe and Hopkins at 24-25 years old and neither of them wanted to take that chance against the younger and hungry fighter
        That's not really the truth. Dawson vacated his WBC title rather than face the young mandatory Diaconu after his promotor lost the purse bid. Similarly he vacated the IBF belt rather than facing the young mandatory Cloud.

You can say that vacating the belts made economic sense, but sporting wise it was dissapointing.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          beating Pascal who is no mor eproven than Segundo mercado, actually less prooven is no HOF accomplishment. Butes best win is Andrate nuff said. Dawson has a long way to go.
          I'm sorry... who has Mercado beaten again that measures up to Pascal's wins over Diaconu?

Comment

I like both fighters, but let's be real... None of the fighters you mentioned are better than Adamek, G. Johnson, and Tarver. We can match up their resumes and wins or make a poll in the history section.

Oh... and Dawson beats the breaks off of Bute. How is Bute winning this poll? More people think Bute would win by KO than Dawson winning outright . If they ever fight I'm bumping this thread after the outcome.
            Are you sure ? In the poll with Jacobs vs Pirog your prediction was Jacobs winning a decision. Jacobs was untested, i was more careful and said that it was to close to predict the winner. On this poll i chose Bute, because he has a very dangerous left hook to the liver. One left hook to the liver from Bute landing on that tall body and the fight is over, Dawson just can't hurt Bute with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              That's not really the truth. Dawson vacated his WBC title rather than face the young mandatory Diaconu after his promotor lost the purse bid. Similarly he vacated the IBF belt rather than facing the young mandatory Cloud.

You can say that vacating the belts made economic sense, but sporting wise it was dissapointing.
              I'd say that Tarver and Johnson were more meaningful bouts at the time, compared to Diaconu and Cloud.

Diaconu had just beaten Chris Henry, which isn't too bad I suppose. Tarver was just coming off of a one sided beatdown of champion Clinton Woods.

Cloud had just rocked a completely shot Gonzalez (who had just lost to a 1000 year old Reggie Johnson), but there was unfinished business against Glen Johnson in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                I'm sorry... who has Mercado beaten again that measures up to Pascal's wins over Diaconu?
                A draw witth Hopkins sure as hell is better than beating Diacanu. Also beating John David Jackson imo is a lot better than beating pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  A draw witth Hopkins sure as hell is better than beating Diacanu. Also beating John David Jackson imo is a lot better than beating pascal.
                  Which certainly wasn't a fluke or anything...

You can't have it both ways... either Hopkins isn't very good because he's only as good as a fighter of Mercado's caliber.

Or, Mercado isn't very good, and that was a total fluke, which is probably proven by how the rematch went.

Comment

Which certainly wasn't a fluke or anything...

You can't have it both ways... either Hopkins isn't very good because he's only as good as a fighter of Mercado's caliber.

Or, Mercado isn't very good, and that was a total fluke, which is probably proven by how the rematch went.
                    Nah, Hopkins was fighting at an altitude he had a few hours to get usd to infront of armed military guards, **** happens.

Comment

I'd say that Tarver and Johnson were more meaningful bouts at the time, compared to Diaconu and Cloud.

Diaconu had just beaten Chris Henry, which isn't too bad I suppose. Tarver was just coming off of a one sided beatdown of champion Clinton Woods.

Cloud had just rocked a completely shot Gonzalez (who had just lost to a 1000 year old Reggie Johnson), but there was unfinished business against Glen Johnson in a rematch.
                      Maybe they were. Still those guys were 40 year olds while cloud and Diaconu where the young lions. Just goes to show how pitiful LHW is really.

Comment

Working...
                      X