No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson's Promoter Not Impressed By Cloud: Bute is Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    Ding, ding, ding. Take for example when Bernard Hopkins called out Bute without saying he'd make him move up to 175 like Dawson is now and Dawson's fans call Hops a ***** for it. But Dawson shrugs off Cloud's challenge while wanting Bute to come up to 175 and people have a party in the street.
    I seriously don't get any of these guys. They act like I came in here calling Dawson a b1tch or something. I just said give the man a shot. Not only that, I said it was cool if Dawson take a money fight with Bute, as long as he fight the man sometime afterwards.

The biggest thing I don't get is boxing is about getting opportunities to prove yourself and given opportunities to up and comers who earned a shot. Dawson was upset the top dogs didn't give him a shot, yet he is making the same excuses Calzaghe and Hopkins used against him whenever Cloud is brought up.
    Last edited by Khalid X; 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      Ding, ding, ding. Take for example when Bernard Hopkins called out Bute without saying he'd make him move up to 175 like Dawson is now and Dawson's fans call Hops a ***** for it. But Dawson shrugs off Cloud's challenge while wanting Bute to come up to 175 and people have a party in the street.
      Cloud may have to wait. If he's the real deal, he'll be around a couple fights from now. Dawson wants the big fight--check that, deserves the big fight--and has every right to chase it. And I have no doubt that if Cloud is the best option, he'll take it. But Chad has earned that respect. Cloud may have to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
        I seriously don't get any of these guys. They act like I came in here calling Dawson a b1tch or something. I just said give the man a shot. Not only that, I said it was cool if Dawson take a money fight with Bute, as long as he fight the man sometime afterwards.

The biggest thing I don't get is boxing is about getting opportunities to prove yourself and given opportunities to up and comers who earned a shot. Dawson was upset the top dogs didn't give him a shot, yet he is making the same excuses Calzaghe and Hopkins used against him whenever Cloud is brought up.
        look. the fight with bute most likely isn't gonna happen. bute wouldn't dare fight a fighter such as dawson. someone he knows that could rape him. dawson still doesn't have the popularity of a hopkins or calzaghe. therefore all he is trying to do is get that one fight that will blow his name up. a fight with cloud at this point will be meaningless. if dawson dominates him people will say cloud was overrated. they will say dawson cherry picked a overrated slugger that he knew he could outbox, but if dawson beats bute he will get a HELL of a lot more credit from boxing fans all across the world and he will gain a hell of a lot more popularity..

in my opinion bute is a harder style for dawson to get through then what cloud is. only a fool would look down on bute vs dawson for cloud vs dawson lol

fans of bute need to man up and let him get in the ring with someone thats not a bum. stop being so scared of bute getting his azz kicked. jesus....

dawson will probably end up fighting cloud anyway because bute will NOT accept a fight with dawson (at any weight)
        Last edited by americanbot; 08-10-2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

by the way, bute has fought at 175 FIVE TIMES ALREADY.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
            And he has earned it by fighting Glen Johnson?
            Johnson was ranked above Pascal when Cloud beat him, so of course beating Johnson entitles him to a shot. If beating the #2 fighter doesn't entitle you to a shot then nothing does.

In any case, Woods was also ranked in the top 10, and Woods fought far better against Cloud than he had fought against Tarver - the Tarver fight was clearly just an off night for Woods. So beating a back to form version of Woods so convincingly should have got him a shot before now.

Comment

Originally posted by americanbot View Post
              look. the fight with bute most likely isn't gonna happen. bute wouldn't dare fight a fighter such as dawson. someone he knows that could rape him. dawson still doesn't have the popularity of a hopkins or calzaghe. therefore all he is trying to do is get that one fight that will blow his name up. a fight with cloud at this point will be meaningless. if dawson dominates him people will say cloud was overrated. they will say dawson cherry picked a overrated slugger that he knew he could outbox, but if dawson beats bute he will get a HELL of a lot more credit from boxing fans all across the world and he will gain a hell of a lot more popularity..

in my opinion bute is a harder style for dawson to get through then what cloud is. only a fool would look down on bute vs dawson for cloud vs dawson lol

fans of bute need to man up and let him get in the ring with someone thats not a bum. stop being so scared of bute getting his azz kicked. jesus....

dawson will probably end up fighting cloud anyway because bute will NOT accept a fight with dawson (at any weight)

I said Dawson should try for the Bute fight first....meaning you basically wasted your time typing all of that.

It's almost as if some of you are creating arguments in your own mind as I basically agree with what you guys are saying.
              Last edited by Khalid X; 08-11-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Dawson is better than every fighter in the Super 6. Bute should face Dawson next and then they can take on the losers in the Super 6. No ducking MAKE THIS SUPERFIGHT HAPPEN.
                Bute will face the winner of the Super 6, it's already planned, unless he refuse to fight Bute for some obscure reasons like many fighters are doing right now...

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  Giving the haters a with that.

I just watched Dawson frustrate and stop Ian Gardner and beat the **** out of Eric Harding. Chad won't have too many problems with Pascal's lateral movement and fast hands.

Dude is a beast, he's going to walk Pascal down behind a tight defense and dominate another Ring top 5 contender.
                  Great call...................menso

Comment

Working...
                  X