No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Tavoris Cloud ILLEGALLY switched gloves before our fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yeah an inexperienced commision might explain it.

I wonder if they can be held accountable to some sort of negligence even if they find nothing wrong with the gloves.
    nah

like I stated earlier switching gloves happens a lot just not on the scope or magnitude this fight brought and normally without much fanfare

Johnson is barking up the wrong tree because my assumption is that he thinks Cloud's team brought the glove which is near impossible

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
      E, it looks to me that Johnson was wearing an MX and Cloud was wearing the traditional model. Is that right? Then in my opinion Johnson had the advantage and nothing to complain about.
      Johnson wore a 1910 which you could tell by the C on the thumb and it being all one color. The MX has a white palm. Cloud actually fought in the "softer" glove

I have found the MX to be much more of a puncher's glove. The only diadvantage that Johnson may have had was if he was having hand issues due to the MX versus the traditional. I have not heard of any hand issues though.
      we always advise proponents of the MX to make sure their wraps are very protected because after about 6 rounds the padding shifts making it a hardcore punchers glove

Glen Johnson just needs to move on. He fought a tough fight but lost IMO due to "effective aggressiveness". There were alot of times wehre Johnson's aggressivness was very ineffective if you will.
      bingo

Comment

I like the Roadwarrior, but he's grasping at straws

Just focusing on fighting Pascal after he loses

Comment

Working...
        X