Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You wanna know what Pac and Marg did to deserve the title shaot at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    And I'm asking you why it's bad!!! Why is it bad to fight at a catch weight.??????? You don't even know why its bad you just know it is because a bunch of *****s say it over and over again. Please verbalize it to me! Don't just thorw empty statement at me because Im just gonna dismiss them.
    It simply diminishes the win because Margarito is being forced to restrict his weight to 150lbs "Or else get fined for coming in 1lb or more in a 154 limit division, is why.

The question is: "Is it absolutely necessary to make the fight at 150lbs?
    And if so, why?"

Nobody's going to stop them from fighting at that weight, but you can be sure people will always bring up a "Yeah, Manny/Margarito got a title at 154lbs, BUT..."

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      It simply diminishes the win because Margarito is being forced to restrict his weight to 150lbs "Or else get fined for coming in 1lb or more in a 154 limit division, is why.

The question is: "Is it absolutely necessary to make the fight at 150lbs?
      And if so, why?"

Nobody's going to stop them from fighting at that weight, but you can be sure people will always bring up a "Yeah, Manny/Margarito got a title at 154lbs, BUT..."

A career 147 pounder is ristricting his weight by weighing 3 pounds more than what he normally fights at and has a full day to rehydrate 15 pounds more than the other guy. Oh yeah sounds like a rough deal poor Margarito having a 15 pound weight advantage instead of a 20 pound weight advantage if he could weigh in at the maximum weight limit!

Woa is me only a 15 pound advantage the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        Not only was Oscar WBC champ, neither he nor Floyd asked for it to be at a catchweight. Plus, Oscar asked for and was granted stipulations which increased his advantages. Oh, and it was the highest grossing fight.

But we can let bygones be bygones, and just see if Pac-Margarito lives up to its billing.
        My god... Dick **** was too busy drooling over J.Love to read what you actually posted!!!

:wank:

Comment

Says who? Did you just make up that rule yourself or is it in any actual boxing rulebook. Oh but thats right you must be a Floyd fan so Im not suprised you wanna just make up rules as we go along.
          did i say it was a rule.I'm stating what I believe and also a lot of other boxing fans believe that if you're fighting for the 154 belt then you should be able to weigh in at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch5 View Post
            did i say it was a rule.I'm stating what I believe and also a lot of other boxing fans believe that if you're fighting for the 154 belt then you should be able to weigh in at 154.
            So you are admitting that the whole 150 pound catchweight being bas is just something that *****s made up to discredit pac even though the catchweight gives him no real advantage.

Thanks thats all i wanted to know.

Comment

Haters gonna hate that Margarito and Pacquiao are fighting this year and Floyd isn't

Margarito KO10 Pacquaio

Comment

RING has CINTRON(Tijuana Tornado victim) as number 2 LMW,boxrec has Margarito on number 3 spot at LMW

So WBC belt has all the sense in the world!

and PAC is p4p number 1 and FOTD

Comment

A career 147 pounder is ristricting his weight by weighing 3 pounds more than what he normally fights at and has a full day to rehydrate 15 pounds more than the other guy. Oh yeah sounds like a rough deal poor Margarito having a 15 pound weight advantage instead of a 20 pound weight advantage if he could weigh in at the maximum weight limit!

Woa is me only a 15 pound advantage the humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  So if Margs and Pac are going to rehydrate to fight night weights anyway on the night of the fight, why force a limit of 150lbs at the weigh-in?

Comment

So you are admitting that the whole 150 pound catchweight being bas is just something that *****s made up to discredit pac even though the catchweight gives him no real advantage.

Thanks thats all i wanted to know.
                    lol its bull**** to a lot more people than floyd fans...and its bull**** because it is for the 154 title..why cant you get that..if its a catch weight fight that doesn't involve the title its fine..but its a catchweight fight for the the title and its bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch5 View Post
                      84 first try

CUNG LE s QUIZ RECORD

CONGRATULATIONS! Correct : 100%

You got every question right!Your knowledge of boxing is very impressive.
                      Give yourself a pat on the back!

ENOUGH SAID

Comment

Working...
                      X