Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illegal strams will not hurt Pac VS Marg people.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been streams for every major ppv so why are people crying about this????

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
      There has been streams for every major ppv so why are people crying about this????
      exactly..............

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
        But you act like it will be more than the usual bar crowd for anyother big fight. Again casual fans are not self rightious ******s that think they have some obligation to clean up the sport. Those are hardcore fans who take themseleves way to seriously and trust me they are in the overwhelming minority.
        Pistol I think you really underestimate the impact of what marg did. I know its not a big deal to you, but look at what happened with his return fight. No HBO, no showtime. Usually, when such a (formerly) highly respected ex champion returns it is a big deal. I was surprised he only did 25-30k ppv's. Thats really bad.

You keep criticizing fans who say they wont watch as if they have a problem because they think what marg did was truly despicable. Its not us. Its Margarito plain and simple. If people don't buy this fight its only Margarito's fault. He did it to himself.

Comment

Apperently some of you failed to read the initial post I made. Im not complaining about it! Im actually making fun of the people who think this will even make a dent in the PPV numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Pistol I think you really underestimate the impact of what marg did. I know its not a big deal to you, but look at what happened with his return fight. No HBO, no showtime. Usually, when such a (formerly) highly respected ex champion returns it is a big deal. I was surprised he only did 25-30k ppv's. Thats really bad.

You keep criticizing fans who say they wont watch as if they have a problem because they think what marg did was truly despicable. Its not us. Its Margarito plain and simple. If people don't buy this fight its only Margarito's fault. He did it to himself.

Oh I understand it wasn't on HBO, but there was 22,000 in the seats, and please don't be a stupid know nothing American who will say "oh but thats in Mexico". People with zero drawing power don't draw 22,000 to a stadium any where in the world.

Im not saying Margarito didn't do anything wrong and it is a big deal with me but again the message im trying to get across is that Pac is so popular and Tony is a big enough name that most people will buy it on name recognition alone. Hadcore fans like me and you care but the casual fan that makes up 85% of the people who buy PPV are pretty oblivious to the whole hand wrap thing.

I mean ESPN had like one 30 second report on it the day after it happened it's not like the casual fan has been bombarded with it like me and you have been on this board.

Comment

Apperently some of you failed to read the initial post I made. Im not complaining about it! Im actually making fun of the people who think this will even make a dent in the PPV numbers.
              They don't really believe that they're just trying to **** with the *******s. You would have to be pretty stupid to think it will make a difference.

Comment

Oh I understand it wasn't on HBO, but there was 22,000 in the seats, and please don't be a stupid know nothing American who will say "oh but thats in Mexico". People with zero drawing power don't draw 22,000 to a stadium any where in the world.

Im not saying Margarito didn't do anything wrong and it is a big deal with me but again the message im trying to get across is that Pac is so popular and Tony is a big enough name that most people will buy it on name recognition alone. Hadcore fans like me and you care but the casual fan that makes up 85% of the people who buy PPV are pretty oblivious to the whole hand wrap thing.

I mean ESPN had like one 30 second report on it the day after it happened it's not like the casual fan has been bombarded with it like me and you have been on this board.
                But the 22,000 in Mexico has no bearing on the US market and you know it.

I get what you are saying.I think there are 2 things to take into consideration. 1. the blowback from clottey pac. A LOT of people hated this fight and this has the makings of being the same thing. 2. The backing from the networks may not exist. I think HBO has to pick this up but what if they don't? Would be a disaster.

Also to consider is the location. I have always believed Jerry Jones will help Marg get liscenced. But what if Marg can't get Lisc in US? If the fight is in mexico or abu dhabi production costs alone will cut into the marketing and promotion budget, which would reduce ppv sales.

I'm thinking the fight does 900k assuming its in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                  They don't really believe that they're just trying to **** with the *******s. You would have to be pretty stupid to think it will make a difference.
                  Yeah not saying all of them are that stupid but yeah some of them are. They think like a hundred thousand people are gonna tune into their crappy stream that will go out every 2 or 3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    But the 22,000 in Mexico has no bearing on the US market and you know it.

I get what you are saying.I think there are 2 things to take into consideration. 1. the blowback from clottey pa. A LOT of people hated this fight and this has the makings of being the same thing. 2. The backing from the networks may not exist. I think HBO has to pick this up but what if they don't? Would be a disaster.

Also to consider is the location. I have always believed Jerry Jones will help Marg get liscenced. But what if Marg can't get Lisc in US? If the fight is in mexico or abu dhabi production costs alone will cut into the marketing and promotion budget, wwhcich would reduce ppv sales.

I'm thinking the fight does 900k assuming its in the US.

If you think your typical fan looks at Clottey and Tony as both the same obscure no hope fighters then i don't think you watch boxing very often. And if the 22,000 in Mexico doesn't mean anything then fine the 22,000 at the staples center does. You know the biggest crowd for any event held in the staples center and 98% of the attendees were there for Tony. Ok so I will give you the benifit of the doubt and say that the handwraps thing has cut tony fan base by oh 2/3. Thats still a fighter who can draw 8-10 thousand in the US so again if Clottey isn't anywhere near that popular as Margarito and still do 700,000 buys with Pac what do you think Tony is gonna do with pac. Again the average fan is oblivious to the whole thing. Hell the casual fan doesn't even know that Shane Mosely is an admitted steroid user for christ sake.

Comment

After going on a string of buying PPV after PPV recently even Pac-Clottey and Jones-Hopkins II. I finally learned how to say no to Marquez-Diaz II and i'm going to say no to Pac-Margarito also. As a hardcore boxing fan, i'm worried about where the sport is going if even me a guy who buys every and any boxing PPV card, stopped buying them.

If this card does any decent number, it will be because of Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X