Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana Rejected Ortiz's Offer For The Sept 18 Mosley-Mora Card?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana Rejected Ortiz's Offer For The Sept 18 Mosley-Mora Card?

Was just seeing the Mosley-Mora press conference and Ortiz said that he wanted the Maidana rematch and he was waiting for him to sign the contract, but Maidana turned it down.

I think the past few weeks Ortiz has been looking very serious and he really wants to change the opinion of boxing fans, which is largely based on that quit job against Maidana. He really means business it seems. He wants to prove himself now. Its nice to see that attitude from him

What the hell is Maidana doing with his career. He is going to get left behind if he doesn't get going.

Comment

Maidana is one conceded mother fucker. For one he's easy pickings for any of the top Jr WWs and he's actin' all high and mighty. I can't wait untill any of the top Jr WWs dispose of him, especially since I don't like his attitude. For someone who hasn't accomplish much...he sure is picky.

Comment

methinks Madiana's 15 minutes are about to finish up real soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Ftw View Post
          Was just seeing the Mosley-Mora press conference and Ortiz said that he wanted the Maidana rematch and he was waiting for him to sign the contract, but Maidana turned it down.

I think the past few weeks Ortiz has been looking very serious and he really wants to change the opinion of boxing fans, which is largely based on that quit job against Maidana. He really means business it seems. He wants to prove himself now. Its nice to see that attitude from him
          Well yea the only way he can get back on the bandwagon is to beat the best right now and its even better that one of the best is his conquerer

Comment

He was out for a long time with issues with his manager... he said he wants a tune up in Argentina, and then he will start fighting the big dogs... he said he wants Khan, has already fought Ortiz, and had signed to fight both Alexander and Bradley once upon a time. I don't think his courage is in question to be honest...

Comment

Maidana fights Demarcus Corley on August 28th, 2010.
              so on Sept 18th, exactly 3 weeks later, you want him to fight a fresh Ortiz?!?!?!

**** outta here. lol.

Maidana wants Khan....mostly because it's Khan's mandatory fight. And there's more money. He's not ducking Ortiz whatsoever. If they have unfinished business, Ortiz can fight Judah, Alexander or Bradley, while Maidana fights Khan....and wait for a fight next year.

You idiots calling Maidana a ducker when he already has a fight lined up next month? LMAO!!!!

I thought this was a boxing forum.....as in, the members were "up to date" with what's going on.
              Last edited by NesNY; 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Doesn't Maidana already have a scheduled fight against DeMarcus Corley weeks before Sept 18th?

And why would Maidana have to give him a rematch? A rematch would only benefit Ortiz, not Maidana. If he won again, people will just say big deal, he already did it once. But if he loses (which I believe would happen), he'd lose everything. He has bigger fish to fry, such as Bradley and Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
                  Maidana fights Demarcus Corley on August 28th, 2010.
                  so on Sept 18th, exactly 3 weeks later, you want him to fight a fresh Ortiz?!?!?!

**** outta here. lol.
                  Who is saying that he should fight Ortiz 3 weeks later?? If the Ortiz fight would happen it would mean that he doesn't fight Corley at all.

Comment

Maidana already rejected it before this fight.

MM and his people know it was a very tough and close fight the first tim around (unlike the morons who are hung up on Ortiz quitting) and don't want to take the risk until there's something in it that more than a good purse.

Especially with Khan as a mandatory (a spot they would lose with a loss) on the line, which would make them more money too.

Ortiz looked shaky in the last few rounds against Campbell. I'd advise against it for now, but if Vic won, he might get his confidence all the way back. If he does, people will have to talk about him with the big 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X