No announcement yet.

Briggs vs Liakhovich 12th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
    - at 26 seconds the clock stops for 15 seconds.

- the time should be 11 seconds remaining after the fight restarts.

- He gets knocked out of the ring with approx 14 seconds remaining (Showtime time)

- which means the fight should have been over for 3 seconds already when he goes through the ropes.

Fight should have already been over.
    this is what i noticed when going back and watching it...

Comment

- He gets knocked out of the ring with approx 14 seconds remaining (Showtime time)

- which means the fight should have been over for 3 seconds already when he goes through the ropes.

It's the official clock that matters. The bottom line is that Liakhovich was a fool and shouldn't have stood there and traded with Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
        p.s.

that face in your avatar is cute
        Boxxy is flattered.

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
        It's the official clock that matters. The bottom line is that Liakhovich was a fool and shouldn't have stood there and traded with Briggs.
        She thinks you're crazy too.

? You mean the Showtime clock which was being manipulated?

The "official" clock should have been sounded 3 seconds before he got knocked out of the ring.

The account that i presented is the reality of the situation.

Comment

Regardless, it shows briggs impeccable timing even late and when tired.

He seemed to ALWAYS land a punch just when ever Lia tried to throw or directly after. Beautiful counters and almost knocked him down with a jab.

Can't write him off.. that countering ability (assuming it's still there) coupled with his power would spell serious trouble for Wlad in the early rounds.

Too bad he's fighting the Crazy 1 instead.

edit -

Also, as far as the referee waving the fight. Many cases can be made where fights were waved off (meldrick talylor anyone)? I personally would have waved it off too. Regardless on what I "could" have done, in that position and not knowing how much time is on the clock entirely (most likely) I'd feel like that particular circumstance (going out the ring) was enough for me to wave it off.

Every ref is different. Sure, mercente wouldn't have waved it off until the man died lol, but not everyone is him.
          Last edited by intoccabile; 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Liakhovich was done at that point. He only had himself to blame really. Briggs was exhausted, but he did throw some nice shots at the end. He will need to be a lot lighter against Klitschko.

Comment

That was just terrible, like 25 punches thrown between the two of them in that round.

Briggs has power but not much else, Vitali is going to wear him down fast.

Comment

He will need to be a hell of a lot fitter for Klitschko - as fit as he has ever been. But that is almost impossible. He'll come in at about 260 and try to blast Klitschko out early.

Comment

Liakhovich got stupid and careless, he had every round in the bag and he decides to trade in the end.

Not to mention that he came into the fight with broken ribs and a black eye, what the hell was he thinking? I think if he was healthy, we might have seen a totally different fight, maybe even a KO of Briggs. He took some serious shots from Lamont and just took a knee, that was smart, starting a war with less than 30 seconds to go after you have the fight won, not smart. Gotta give him points for balls though.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Regardless, it shows briggs impeccable timing even late and when tired.

He seemed to ALWAYS land a punch just when ever Lia tried to throw or directly after. Beautiful counters and almost knocked him down with a jab.

Can't write him off.. that countering ability (assuming it's still there) coupled with his power would spell serious trouble for Wlad in the early rounds.

Too bad he's fighting the Crazy 1 instead.

edit -

Also, as far as the referee waving the fight. Many cases can be made where fights were waved off (meldrick talylor anyone)? I personally would have waved it off too. Regardless on what I "could" have done, in that position and not knowing how much time is on the clock entirely (most likely) I'd feel like that particular circumstance (going out the ring) was enough for me to wave it off.

Every ref is different. Sure, mercente wouldn't have waved it off until the man died lol, but not everyone is him.

Well i'm sure that Dog King slipping some coin into the refs pocket didn't hurt. In any event it was nice to see Ibragimov kick his ass in the next fight.

Comment

the Showtime clock is not the official one.

if you unofficially count yourself

Briggs sent him down literally with 2 or maybe even 1 second(s) left, lol. depends where you call it a knockdown though, its weird, isnt it? he didnt touch the canvas, but getting knocked through the ropes by a punch is surely a knockdown. he starts leaving the ropes about 3 seconds before the 3 minute mark, but...I dont know.

also, surprisingly, the Showtime and the video length times are totally even in the beginning... 10 seconds into the video, the Showtime clock says 2:50. wierd, huh?
                      seems like the Showtime one started speeding up, because 1 minute in the Showtime clock reads 1:57.

very strange.

Comment

Working...
                      X