Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Duck Articles and Vids for Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good rule of thumb is to never take the media very seriously~ people who have a reason to say things are not a very good source.

And journalistic integrity is nowhere near what it once was.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather's Racist Rant Caught On Tape

Floyd Mayweather Jr. went on an racist and ****phobic rant about Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao this morning via Ustream. Mayweather referred to Pacquiao as a midget several times and said that once he beats his rival (if the fight ever happens), he will force Pacquiao to "make some sushi rolls and cook some rice." He also said "we're going to cook him with some cats and dogs."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_703731.html

Comment

• "At this particular time, I don't know if I'm going to fight again, you know. As of right now, I truly believe I am going to fight again, but as of right now, I don't have the urge to get up. But when I do got the urge to get up, believe me, my UStream and my Twitter fans will be the first ones to know," stated remarked Floyd Mayweather in his latest UStream broadcast, making it clear that, for now, he has no plans to return to the ring any time soon. However, he assured his fans that when he does come, he's coming back for the fight that everyone is waiting for. In fact, Mayweather made it sound as if a fight with Manny Pacquiao was essentially a done deal, revealing that the Filipino superstar agreed to his demands for urine and blood testing.

There you go straight from MONGOFLOYDs mouth.

Comment

• Comment

• Floyd Mayweather: The Boxer, The Racist, The Coward?
            By Matthew-Paul Narciso.

Los Angeles - Floyd Mayweather was completely silent about a fight with Manny Pacquiao until Top Rank signed a fight against Antonio Margarito, less than a week later he speaks up in a racist rant and shows his true color.
            I was a fan of Floyd Mayweather until today. His skills within the ring are some of the purest that boxing has ever seen. As a member of the boxing community around the world, I have always wanted to see him tested against a true offensive threat in its prime, not a nearly 40 year old Shane Mosley, or a Juan Manual Marquez having to go up 17 pounds, and even then be denied of an agreed upon catch weight.
            The boxing world was not against Floyd Mayweather as he liked to proclaim. We simply wanted what we had of every other fighter to approach greatness. We wanted Foreman to fight Ali. We wanted Tyson to fight Lewis, we wanted De La Hoya to fight Trinidad. For some reason, Floyd Mayweather becomes very angry when he is asked to step up to the plate and provide the fight that will define a decade of boxing. He gets visibly upset when asked to prove himself against the other man considered to be at the top of the pile.
            Foreman stepped up to the challenge against Ali, was heavily favored, and lost. Even in defeat he was loved for his courage to challenge himself for the glory of the sport.
            Tyson showed a genuine disdain of Lennox Lewis, but he took the challenger, and he too fell. Even in defeat, Mike Tyson will go down in boxing history as one of the most violent and fearless men to ever lace up boxing gloves.
            Oscar De La Hoya went toe to toe with Felix Trinidad in losing an action packed decision, but it defined him amongst his fans as a man willing to go to war.
            Floyd Mayweather was asked to fight Manny Pacquiao, and perhaps the reason he made unwarranted testing demands then later went on vacation after Pacquiao agreed to such testing was because of the above referenced results of Mega Fights in the past.
            We will never know why Floyd keeps finding obstacles to fighting Manny Pacquiao. What we do know is that Mayweather is a boxer. Is it to much to ask the two top guys in boxing to box each other without one getting his feelings hurt, making ludicrous demands, then going on a vacation and denying negotiations ever took place?
            Just today Mayweather released a video where he attacks the ethnicity of Manny Pacquiao and makes disgraceful remarks about Asian culture saying that after he fought Pacquiao he would make him "make me a sushi roll." Mayweather continued his racist tangent by saying that he will "cook that yellow chump," that he will "kick the midget ass."
            I think by now it is general public knowledge that Floyd has chosen to keep his mouth shut until the opposing fighter is already in contract to fight somebody else. In addition he revealed his true colors as a racist and a coward.
            It was only last month after negotiations flopped that Mayweathers Camp stated that negotiations never took place, only to be refuted by (HBO sports) Ross Greenburg the very next day. Floyd Mayweather Sr. then made a statement about the negotiations that his team claimed never took place by calling Manny Pacquiao several derogatory names.
            Manny Pacquiao advised the world "Let's just laugh it off. He may not have been himself when he said that," after hearing of the older Mayweather's incendiary statements. After hearing Floyd Mayweather's racist rant today, Manny Pacquiao maintained his cool composure by releasing a statement, "The video speaks for itself."
            When asked why he would allow USADA testing, Pacquiao advised that he wanted to see if that was the reason Floyd really did not want to fight. Well, now we know.
            Keep spewing hate, keep running, we'll see when the next time Reebok chooses to endorse you.
            If you would like to ask Reebok or Dell why they endorse somebody who makes blatantly racist statements against Asian's here you go.
            Here is the corporate contact page for Reebok CLICK HERE
            Here is the Corporate contact for Dell:
            1 Dell Way
            Round Rock, TX 78682-2222
            Phone: 512-338-4400
            Fax: 512-283-6161
            Toll Free: 800-289-3355
            Lastly, here is the contact information for NAACP: CLICK HERE Call them and find out why they have not condemned this racist rant.

Comment

• Rant shows Mayweather spinning out of control
              Kevin Iole

No one should have been surprised by the hateful, racist, vitriolic rant that Floyd Mayweather Jr. released Thursday on a video-sharing site in which he went into an angry tirade against Manny Pacquiao.

Mayweather referred to Pacquiao as a “yellow chump,” “a midget” and said “Once I stomp the midget, I’ll make that (expletive) make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice,” in a hard-to-watch video he apparently recorded live on uStream.com on Thursday. He also alluded to his belief that Pacquiao uses performance-enhancing drugs, noting the fight will occur when Pacquiao quits, as he calls it, taking “them power pellets.”

None of this is surprising because there has been no accountability in Mayweather’s camp for far too long. From the time he booted his father out of his home and repossessed a vehicle his father was driving, to his characterization of a $12.5 million contract offer from HBO as “slave wages,” Mayweather has been allowed to run unchecked.

The result is a man who has become out of touch with reality, who has lived a fairy tale to stroke his own ego. He’s pretended twice in the last several years he’d sign with promoter Don King because he was desperate for attention. He showed up at a San Diego race track and told Robin Leach that he would fight in Dubai because he craves the headlines. He’s a man desperate for friends because he knows all too well that most of the friends he has, he has purchased and that they won’t be there for him if he ever really needs them.

It was reminiscent, though far worse, of Mike Tyson’s post-fight rant on Showtime a decade ago following a knockout victory over Lou Savarese, when he threatened to eat Lennox Lewis’ children. At least, though, Tyson fought Lewis. Mayweather twice in the last year has had an opportunity to face Pacquiao in the ring and both times has walked away.

He puffed out his chest and bellowed in front of a computer while Pacquiao was thousands of miles away, promoting a fight against Antonio Margarito, yet another man Mayweather declined to fight.

Mayweather spends a lot of money, but clearly he doesn’t spend it on wise counsel. Too many persons close to him have whored themselves out and ignored his increasingly irrational behavior because of his ability to generate money. As a result, his ego has swollen out of control and he’s lost all sense of perspective. They’ve turned their heads to his often bizarre and distasteful behavior because he could increase the bottom line in their checking accounts.

That is about to change, to be sure. His corporate sponsors are going to run faster than Usain Bolt. It’s not likely that AT&T and Reebok, two Fortune 500 companies who have sponsored Mayweather, will ignore his words. You can count on the fact that his career with them is effectively already over. It’s going to be a brave company who would ever want to associate its brand with his name.

It won’t, sadly, affect a thing in his boxing career. If he decides he wants to fight Pacquiao, the only man other than himself with a legitimate claim as boxing’s best fighter, the match will quickly be put together and Thursday’s sickening video will be relegated to the history books.

Mayweather is surrounded daily by yes men and sycophants who will be nowhere to found when the gravy train runs dry. Mayweather scoffs at suggestions he’ll ever have financial difficulties – and hopefully for his children’s sake, he will not – but he need look no further than Tyson to realize it’s far from impossible to blow a $400 million fortune.

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather’s best friend and the CEO of his company, Mayweather Promotions, has been conspicuously silent. So, too, is his primary adviser, Al Haymon, one of the most powerful men in boxing. Through their silence, they condone his hate-filled words.

Throughout the video, Mayweather repeatedly thanked his fans, though anyone who would remain a fan after watching that performance has to be depraved.

The video depicts Mayweather as a short-sighted, small-minded man who doesn’t have the attention span of a 3-year-old. In it, he insists he’s on a vacation that he says could last longer than a year and says he has no urge to box now. He doesn’t have the self control to leave it at that.

Clearly, he’s jealous of the attention and star treatment Pacquiao is receiving, so in the next breath, he intimated he would return to fight Pacquiao.

“I’m on vacation for a year, about a year,” Mayweather said. “As soon as we come off vacation, we’re going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain’t worried about that. So they ain’t got to worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget’s (expletive), I don’t want you all to jump on my (expletive). You better get on the bandwagon now.”

The 41-0 record, the world championships and the pay-per-view successes will be forgotten in time. It will be the hateful, racist words in this temper tantrum that will endure as the legacy of Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.

Whatever happens, Mayweather should know that he’s done this to himself. But when the inevitable fall comes, he should remember that his so-called friends didn’t care enough to try to stop it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...loydrant090310

Comment

• Philosophizing with Naazim Richardson: Mayweather is proven but Pacquiao is the greatest of this era

* September 6th, 2010 9:25 pm PT

If ever there was a trainer in recent times who has studied Floyd Mayweather Jr. from top to bottom it very well could be Philadelphia’s Naazim Richardson. After all it was Richardson who guided Shane Mosley into his May 1st bout with Mayweather and despite the duo coming up short against Floyd in Las Vegas it seems strikingly clear that Naazim has an accurate gauge on the superstar once one hears him speak about the Grand Rapids fighter.

Recently Mayweather took the boxing world by storm in a very unfortunate manner with his Ustream tirade against Manny Pacquiao as he insulted the fighter’s culture as well as his skills as a fighter. The backlash from Mayweather’s remarks has been like wildfire but during a recent conversation with the Examiner, Richardson chose not to jump into the topic and instead seemed to hope for the fighter to wake up from the dream he seems to be living in.

“I can’t comment,” Richardson said, seeming to take the high road. “Mayweather has proven himself time and time again so pretty much all we can do is sit back and hope that he does something soon in the ring. The world wants to see him and Manny Pacquiao from what I hear, time and time again, but I don’t think that will become an issue until they both need it. And Pacquiao doesn’t need it.”

At the moment Pacquiao is scheduled for a November 13th clash with Antonio Margarito, a fight that is one of the year’s biggest events despite the initial disappointment in the contest, and the Filipino icon himself has said that he doesn’t need Mayweather. Richardson elaborates that if the two men’s paths never cross that Pacquiao will be fine and at a level higher than Floyd in many regards.

“Pacquiao is in a position where the whole country is behind him and he is sitting at the top of the perch now,” Richardson said with conviction. “He doesn’t have to agree to any testing and he doesn’t have to agree to anything. The kind of money he has made and the kind of performances he puts on right now, if neither one of them fight each other, they are still going to consider Pacquiao the greatest of this era.”

Comment

• “Fighting Words” – The Impermanent Impertinence of Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  by David P. Greisman

You win, Floyd.

People are once again talking about Floyd Mayweather Jr. (rather than focus their attention on everything else in boxing).

People are now talking about your rant against Manny Pacquiao (rather than discussing Pacquiao’s upcoming fight with Antonio Margarito).

People are talking about the racial stereotypes and ****phobic slur you uttered (rather than worrying about the postponement of Andre Ward’s bout with Andre Dirrell – and the whispered rumors of whether that fight could be canceled, and how that would be the final nail in the coffin of the Super Six super middleweight tournament).

People are talking about your words for a fighter you’ve refused to fight in 2010 (rather than celebrating the great wars that were the Aug. 28 battle between 108-pound champion Ivan Calderon and the man who beat him to take that throne, Giovanni Segura, and the Sept. 4 action fight between 130-pound beltholder Roman Martinez and the man who came off the canvas to defeat him, Ricky Burns).

You win, just like you did when you first cast yourself in the villain role by taunting and insulting fan favorite Arturo Gatti, building a successful promotion and installing yourself as solely a pay-per-view fighter.

You win, just like you did when you jawed at Larry Merchant and Brian Kenny, casting yourself as either defiant and misunderstood or as prone to exaggeration and mischaracterization, turning yourself into someone people either loved or loved to hate.

You win, just like you did when you retired after beating Oscar De La Hoya, unretired, announced a two-year sabbatical after knocking out Ricky Hatton, went into planning a rematch with De La Hoya just weeks later, retired again when a deal couldn’t be made for the rematch, then unretired just a year later. Even when you weren’t fighting, the story was you, why you weren’t fighting and whether you would fight again.

You win despite this being the sort of situation in which so many have lost.

Numerous athletes, sports commentators and other personalities have faced repercussions for making racially tinged comments and for other misbehavior.

Jimmy “The Greek” Snyder was fired in 1988 from his football broadcasting gig with CBS after he suggested during a television interview that a “slave owner would breed his big black with his big woman so that he could have a big black kid.”

Golf commentator Kelly Tilghman was suspended for two weeks in 2008 for a joke gone awry. Her broadcast partner suggested that golfers should gang up so as to challenge Tiger Woods. Tilghman responded with “Lynch him in a back alley.”

A decade before that, golfer Fuzzy Zoeller got in trouble after complimenting “that little boy” [Woods] on his driving and putting and saying Woods should be told not to serve “fried chicken … or collard greens or whatever else they serve” for the following year’s Champions Dinner.

Mayweather’s comments were along those lines. He reasoned, in a second video shot a day after his Sept. 3 rant, that he “was just having fun” and “didn’t really mean it.” But in the first video, he used stereotypes about Asians much in the same way that Zoeller had when joking about Tiger Woods.

The lowlights from those minutes of footage included Mayweather saying he would beat Pacquiao and force him to “make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice,” and that he would “cook that mother****er with some cats and dogs.” He also called Pacquiao a “******.”

Had Pacquiao made comments using stereotypes about black people, there would be outrage, and deservedly so. And had any prominent athlete from a major sport – say, Lebron James – made the kind of comments that Mayweather made, there would be major pressure for him to be punished, for sponsors to drop him and for games to be boycotted.

Mayweather’s rant indeed made the mainstream media rounds on Friday, from segments on SportsCenter to mentions on prominent sports blogs. And while his image took a hit, any damage is only temporary.

Commentators – be they Kelly Tilghman stupidly joking that a black man should be lynched, or Tony Kornheiser going off on a radio rant about the way his ESPN colleague Hannah Storm dresses for television – are held to the standards of their networks, which must show viewers, listeners and advocacy groups that such behavior is not permissible.

Athletes do not get away with poor behavior either, whether it is Ben Roethlisberger being investigated on accusations of sexual assault but not facing criminal charges, or now-former baseball pitcher John Rocker seeing a backlash for his ****phobic and xenophobic comments to a magazine writer.

Roethlisberger was suspended despite a lack of criminal charges. Rocker was suspended even though he has a right to his foul, sad opinions. They answered to leagues that must maintain an image and to teams that seek to limit distractions.

As athletes serve their suspensions, media members tend to move on with their stories. The punishment has been handed down. Every news conference from there need not center on the controversy. Every teammate need not be asked for his opinion.

Mayweather will face no such repercussions. While there is a possibility that he could lose sponsorships, those deals do not provide the bulk of his income. Fighting does. And his comments could lead to more money for him, not less.

Those involved with boxing are able to get away with behavior that other athletes cannot. Don King was found guilty of murder when he was younger, went to prison on a manslaughter sentence and went on to become a Hall of Fame promoter. Mike Tyson was convicted on rape charges and returned to fight for another decade.

Plenty of boxers commit crimes, go to jail, come back and resume their careers in a manner far easier than what Michael Vick went through or what Plaxico Burress could face.

Muhammad Ali used some ugly racial language against Joe Frazier. He is one of the most beloved sports personalities ever. Mike Tyson delivered some of the foulest lines throughout his career. He still sold tickets and pay-per-views and now, in retirement, appears in movies and on television shows.

Mayweather is more a caricature than he is a character. For those who hated him already, this latest outburst will only serve to make them hate him more. And most of those who loved him already likely won’t lose any love.

Mayweather does not answer to a league commissioner or a team owner or to teammates. He does not face daily media scrutiny with each game and each practice. He fights once or twice a year, appearing for no more than one hour on fight night and at perhaps a handful of press conferences beforehand.

He is still the villain. People will still pay in hopes of seeing the villain get beat.

He wins, then.

If he fights again.

If that happens, then these comments will contribute to the marketing of the fight, especially if he finally faces Pacquiao. Mayweather has trashed past opponents, whether it was deriding Ricky Hatton’s skills or taunting Shane Mosley about his nose and his divorce. He has cast himself in this role, and he knows how to play it.

A role. That is how it always seemed. Mayweather would say that we do not know the real him, that we do not see the loving father or the man who gives to charities. We do not see that Mayweather because he knows that is not what sells fights.

There is not yet a fight with Pacquiao for Mayweather to sell, though. There was no reason for this rant. And even were there to be a fight, there was never any reason for this rant to go where it went, with stereotypes and slurs.

Mayweather still won in the past because his impertinence has been impermanent, quickly forgotten about or quickly accepted as part of the sport and part of his personality.

The danger is that people could begin to believe that the times Mayweather is playing a role are the times when he is seen delivering food to the homeless, when he is seen being kind or thoughtful.

The danger is that people could begin to believe that Mayweather’s rants and outbursts are not just him playing a role, not just him marketing a fight, but are part of who he really is.

The danger is that people won’t forget about it or accept it, that they won’t judge him solely for what he did in the ring rather, glossing over what he did and said outside of it.

The danger is that people will no longer judge Mayweather just by how he performed as a fighter, but also by how he acted as a man.

Comment

• http://www.lvrj.com/sports/sponsors-...102517359.html

LEFTOVERS: Sponsors beat rush to avoid Floyd

It appears Corporate America got wise to Floyd Mayweather Jr. long before the undefeated boxing star went on a hateful rant against pound-for-pound rival Manny Pacquiao last week.

Both AT&T and Reebok confirmed they no longer have business relationships with Mayweather, who rocked the boxing world with a 10-minute Internet video diatribe against Pacquiao in which he made racist and ****phobic remarks.

Reebok spokesman Daniel Sarro said the contract between Mayweather and his company expired after his May 1 fight against Shane Mosley and was not renewed.

"Reebok does not currently have an endorsement contract with Floyd Mayweather Jr.," Sarro said. "We had a relationship with him in 2009 and earlier this year, which was centered around two specific fights."

AT&T spokesman Steve Schwadron said Mayweather's association with his company was limited to a 2009 television commercial.

"AT&T does not have a business relationship with Floyd Mayweather Jr.," Schwadron said. "AT&T does not sponsor Mr. Mayweather."

So how toxic is Mayweather when it comes to landing endorsements? And could his presence in a fight turn off prospective sponsors?

Richard Schaefer, chief executive officer of Golden Boy Promotions, which has worked with Mayweather on his last four fights, said he didn't think Mayweather would cause sponsors to back away.

"They have no direct relationship with Floyd," Schaefer said of sponsors who sign on for a particular fight. "I'm not too concerned."

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X