Funny De La Hoya Self Ownage regarding catchweights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny De La Hoya Self Ownage regarding catchweights

Does Oscar need a history lesson? Read and decide:

As I approached him, a reporter had gotten right to the heat of the moment and asked De La Hoya what he thought of the Manny Pacquiao vs. Antonio Margarito upcoming junior middleweight catchweight vacant title fight.

“Boxing is made up of weight classes,” De La Hoya criticized. “Stick to your weight classes.”

“You fought Hopkins for the title at a catchweight,” I reminded him.

“What weight class?” asked Oscar.

“158,” I replied.

“Well, yeah. That was the arrangement, you know?” He explained. “Would I have considered myself the champion at 160 if I would have beat him? No. There’s weight classes and there is a reason we have weight classes. But boxing is now a business. And it seems that people are heading towards that direction.”
    So he fought at a weight , in a title fight, where he WOULD NOT have called himself the Champ if he won....

De la Hoya must still be bitter about Pacquiao eclipsing his record number of world titles in as many weight divisions, that he forgot he was also doing the same thing in trying to win a 7th world title at a different weight class...
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-28-2010, 11:06 AM.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya072710.htm

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
      So he fought at a weight , in a title fight, where he WOULD NOT have called himself the Champ if he won....

Dela Hoya must probably still be bitter about Pacquiao eclipsing his record number of world titles in as many weight divisions, that he forgot he was also doing the same thing in trying to win a 7th world title at a different weight class...

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Gabriel/Montoya072710.htm
      Oh yes, the "Super Welter Junior Middleweight" class. I forgot about that one. Not too many good names in that division, but I believe something will happen in the future.

Much thanks to the WBC for broadening our horizons by narrowing the functional divisions.

Comment

OMG

this is comedy week from GBP and Team Mayweather

Comment

lol good find.

Oscar always owns himself though. "Pac really doesn't hit hard" (two months later) "Pacquiao hit me so hard it's like he was on juice or something! Just take the tests Manny"

Comment

I've always liked Oscar inside the ring, not outside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              lol good find.

Oscar always owns himself though. "Pac really doesn't hit hard" (two months later) "Pacquiao hit me so hard it's like he was on juice or something! Just take the tests Manny"
              the deal is nearly done

What deal?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                lol good find.

I remember that one. There was also a video in which he gets shown up by a Mexican fan. Can't find it though.

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                  OMG

this is comedy week from GBP and Team Mayweather
                  Better than anything WWE can put up for sure...........

Comment

They've been bungling left and right. Or is it right right straight left?

Comment

Working...
                    X