Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Greenburg: Mayweather-Pacquiao Talks Took Place!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    ^^^^^this.

Plus the fact that Floyd's making noise as of late with Don King, indicating ties with GBP are severely tainted.

I dont know what's going on but it looks like Mayweather is really playing a game with everyone Don king included, I dont know what's happening betweem him and GBP/Haymon but they way he seem to be going about it stinks..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post

I dont know what's going on but it looks like Mayweather is really playing a game with everyone Don king included, I dont know what's happening betweem him and GBP/Haymon but they way he seem to be going about it stinks..
      That's the thing mate.

No one knows if Floyd's just bull****tin' or burning bridges.

Al Haymon seemed to be an effective manager, and it's surprising Floyd's severing ties with him of all people.

And of all promoters to pick, Floyd have to dance with Don King, who could drain every resource he has and before he knows it he'll be broke sooner than expected.

Comment

That's the thing mate.

Al Haymon seemed to be an effective manager, and it's surprising Floyd's severing ties with him of all people.

And of all promoters to pick, Floyd have to dance with Don King, who could drain every resource he has and before he knows it he'll be broke sooner than expected.
        The burning bridges may be due to finances. Alot of people on payroll and most likely Mayweather needs to cut budget. Signing with Don King will mean up front money as he usually offers a signing bonus. With King he also may be able to pick and choose his opponents, which will end his HBO connection.
        Fighters generally sign with King for the up front money and the promise of top pay. The fulfilling the top pay for fights part is what usually gets King in trouble and if Mayweather is taken to court by his staff or HBO, signing with King may only be a temporary solution to Mayweather's financial woes.

Comment

• Originally posted by lazy View Post
          The burning bridges may be due to finances. Alot of people on payroll and most likely Mayweather needs to cut budget. Signing with Don King will mean up front money as he usually offers a signing bonus. With King he also may be able to pick and choose his opponents, which will end his HBO connection.
          Fighters generally sign with King for the up front money and the promise of top pay. The fulfilling the top pay for fights part is what usually gets King in trouble and if Mayweather is taken to court by his staff or HBO, signing with King may only be a temporary solution to Mayweather's financial woes.
          Good points, but I just find it hard to believe Floyd's all doin' this just because he needs to cut costs, the man allegedly just made $65M recently.

Not wise to burn bridges with people he's been with through all these ****. But knowing Floyd, things can get pretty screwed up.

Comment

• 100 pages just wow

I have a feeling this thread might have died if I hadn't bumped it on page 98

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
            But what's funny is the Floyd stans on this thread discrediting HBO Sport's top honcho. Now that's funny as ****!
            Bro, why do you think its " funny as ****! " that Greenburg is being discredited..... when you also believe this.....

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
            Honestly I don't know. These guys might have some sick **** they already panned out since the beginning of all this circus (ie; Al Haymon, Greenburg, Arum).
            I don't really get what you meant ?

If you mean, that you seriously doubt that Greenburg intentionally lied, but also would not be too surprised to find out that some dodgy **** was going on..... then I suppose I understand.

But if that was the case, then you perhaps shouldn't be too surprised to hear that others feel the same way..... therefore, Greenburg is not devoid from suspicion also?

Earlier, I posted links that definitively prove that on NUMEROUS OCCASIONS, Bob Arum insisted that NO NEGOTIATIONS were taking place, WEEKS after Greenburg claimed that he started negotiating the fight.

1.) Greenburg stated (in hindsight, having NEVER been previously mentioned) that he initiated negotiations on May 2nd.

2.) Arum publicly stated weeks after that date that no negotiations were underway, and even up to TWO MONTHS LATER, still insisted that GBP were representing Mayweather

Clearly, both Arum and Greenburg have given differing statements.....

Who was lying bro ?

Comment

That's the thing mate.

Has Mayweather officially dumped Haymon ?

I see no reason at all why that would happen, even if Floyd hooks up with King.

If Floyd makes a deal with the devil, it will not be a standard promotional contract, or a partnership..... it will just be a business agreement, with perks, similar to the deal that he had with GBP.

If anyone is getting squeezed here it is most likely GBP, but I am not even sure if that is the case.

I am sure that Mayweather is doing the right thing here, coz that lobster looked fkn awesome

Comment

• Guys.....

Earlier, I posted links that DEFINITIVELY PROVE that Bob Arum stated on numerous occasions that NO NEGOTIATIONS WERE UNDERWAY.....TWO WEEKS after Greenburg claimed that he started negotiating the fight.....

1.) Greenburg stated that he initiated negotiations on May 2nd

2.) Arum stated weeks later that no negotiations were underway

3.) TWO MONTHS LATER, Arum still insisted that GBP were representing Mayweather

Clearly, Arum and Greenburg have given differing statements.....

Who was lying guys ?

Or, are they both lying ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                  Guys.....

Earlier, I posted links that DEFINITIVELY PROVE that Bob Arum stated on numerous occasions that NO NEGOTIATIONS WERE UNDERWAY.....TWO WEEKS after Greenburg claimed that he started negotiating the fight.....

1.) Greenburg stated that he initiated negotiations on May 2nd

2.) Arum stated weeks later that no negotiations were underway

3.) TWO MONTHS LATER, Arum still insisted that GBP were representing Mayweather

Clearly, Arum and Greenburg have given differing statements.....

Who was lying guys ?

Or, are they both lying ?

Wow, TALKS started on may the 2nd, remember when greenburg said, he talked with one party, then two weeks later got a response from another party etc? he tried to get the terms from both parties

now for greenburg that is negotiating, he is getting details from both and trying to iron out, for Arum, all he has done is given mannys terms and knew nothing more as greenburg was dealing with it all, so to him no negotiations are taking place until they get a mutual contract agreed from both terms

look, just stop clutching at straws, I know you like mayweather, but him and his team lied to save their face when they ducked the fight, just move on.

gb and mayweathers are now proven liars and that is a fact.

remember arum was getting details after like 2-3 weeks after he spoke with greenburg at the start, things were going very slowly, that is what you are forgetting leaduppercut, greenburg was negotiating the terms while arum and gb were sitting back and waiting, so they were not negotiating and did now know what was going on
                  Last edited by lfc19titles; 08-05-2010, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    Wow, TALKS started on may the 2nd, remember when greenburg said, he talked with one party, then two weeks later got a response from another party etc? he tried to get the terms from both parties

now for greenburg that is negotiating, he is getting details from both and trying to iron out, for Arum, all he has done is given mannys terms and knew nothing more as greenburg was dealing with it all, so to him no negotiations are taking place until they get a mutual contract agreed from both terms

look, just stop clutching at straws, I know you like mayweather, but him and his team lied to save their face when they ducked the fight, just move on.

gb and mayweathers are now proven liars and that is a fact.

remember arum was getting details after like 2-3 weeks after he spoke with greenburg at the start, things were going very slowly, that is what you are forgetting leaduppercut, greenburg was negotiating the terms while arum and gb were sitting back and waiting, so they were not negotiating and did now know what was going on
                    And, what do you call Arum, the guy who said BEFORE the deadline that he had a deal in place with GBP, then AFTER the deadline he said that he NEVER even spoke with GBP?

Comment

• Originally posted by V-3 View Post
                      And, what do you call Arum, the guy who said BEFORE the deadline that he had a deal in place with GBP, then AFTER the deadline he said that he NEVER even spoke with GBP?
                      you are getting way too into this, a deadline was set by him, he definitely let greenburg know that, who would have let gbp know that.

Yes he did have a deal agreed with gbp, it doesnt mean he has to speak to him to do it. remember greenburg? he made the deal and a fair contract for both parties, they sent it out to both parties, arum accepted for manny and thought gbp would accept as well

Comment

Working...
                      X