No announcement yet.

Alvarez vs Cotto round 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battle Hardened View Post
    It's pointless. That's not what happened the entire rest of the fight. Where the hell did you see him fight anywhere like Floyd? Even a little?
    His guard and him being on the defense trying to counter with a fast right reminded me of Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by SiCaRiO13 Jr View Post
      yea alvarez is a bum
      Threads like this, and guys like this are usually why I dont post, and just act as a viewer.

Comment

The kid's 19 years old

Not even Barrera or Morales had this kind of fanbase or resume at his age and he's going through solid fighters without losing unlike someone who likes to call himself Tony

Comment

He is lucky he fought a LW at JMW. I

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
            Alvarez fights like a bad version of Floyd.
            Actually, he fights exactly like Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Actually, he fights exactly like Miguel Cotto.
              He fights like neither 1 of those 2.

He fights exaclty like Canelo Alvarez, but his style and mannerisms look similar to Fernando Montiel... Expand your horizons beyond the most popular names.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                He fights like neither 1 of those 2.

He fights exaclty like Canelo Alvarez, but his style and mannerisms look similar to Fernando Montiel... Expand your horizons beyond the most popular names.
                I repeat, he fights exactly liek miguel cotto.

Look at his demeanor, the constant posing/admiring of his work. The subtle walk around the ring after each right hand he lands, followed by the double bounce before resetting himself in a squared up peek a boo type stance.

If you are to talk about a fighter he resembles, you'd be ******ed to not see that he fights exaclty like Miguel Cotto. From punch selection, to bad tendencies.. he'll suffer the same fat too if he doesn't fix that posing he keep sdoing.

The majority of the time cotto got hit against margi was while posing, or trying to take that stroll he likes to do, and admire his work. A hurt alveres even almost tripped over himself when buzzed, trying to take his stroll.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  I repeat, he fights exactly liek miguel cotto.

Look at his demeanor, the constant posing/admiring of his work. The subtle walk around the ring after each right hand he lands, followed by the double bounce before resetting himself in a squared up peek a boo type stance.

If you are to talk about a fighter he resembles, you'd be ******ed to not see that he fights exaclty like Miguel Cotto. From punch selection, to bad tendencies.. he'll suffer the same fat too if he doesn't fix that posing he keep sdoing.

The majority of the time cotto got hit against margi was while posing, or trying to take that stroll he likes to do, and admire his work. A hurt alveres even almost tripped over himself when buzzed, trying to take his stroll.
                  And I'll repeat, he fights exactly Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and his style is similar to Fernando Montiel, more so than Miguel Cotto.

From the angle of their left hooks (Cotto's hook is tighter), to their working mostly off the left hand, footwork, standing straight up (Cotto stays in his crouch), and counterpunching style.

Like I said, expand your horizons.

Comment

he has the skill to win, but when hurt willing to fight back instead of hugging, usually how you get fans/money.

Comment

stop with the 19 ****, he is 20....barrera and morales were champs at 21.....(and morales fought ****ing zaragoza)

Comment

Working...
                      X