Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop already comparing Manny to Armstrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ummm... im pretty sure armstrong fought at a catchweight some point in his career.

don't act like you know something to make a point

anyways, armstrong's accomplishment is more impressive cause:

he held 3 belts at the same time when there were only 8 divisions

while

manny was able to get 7 belts in an era where there are 16 divisions and many belts that could count as a world title.

this is my opinion.

catchweights is not something invented by pac. it has been in the sport a long time, atg's fought at catchweight fights, won titles on them

Comment

anyways, their accomplishments CAN be compared cause:

armstrong won the featherweight title, won the welterweight title, and came down to get the lightweight title

while

manny won a title at lightweight, beat oscar at welterweight, and came down to jr. welterweight to get the lineal belt.

that is when the comparisons really started.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        He just hate pac so much. I think he don't have a problem with floyd fighting marquez at catchweight and cheated him on the scale....
        I have a lot of respect for Pacquiao, don't twist things up to suit your agenda

there is a very interesting article today that has been posted on BS
        it is about Pacquiao ''cheating history'' fighting at catch-weights for titles and even fighting for a VACANT TITLE in a division he has never set foot in

look it up

I have had enough back-up up to now to know the subject of my thread was relevant

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
          ummm... im pretty sure armstrong fought at a catchweight some point in his career.

while

manny was able to get 7 belts in an era where there are 16 divisions and many belts that could count as a world title.

this is my opinion.

catchweights is not something invented by pac. it has been in the sport a long time, atg's fought at catchweight fights, won titles on them

pac has 4 lineal titles so you have to give him some credit. He was the main man in 4 divisions which is very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post

while

this is my opinion.

good points, but I have already suggested these in prior posts......

and Armstrong never fought at a catch-weight to win a World title

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              i don't care we're not at the english class, And you've been owned on your thread by rimmydeliciious.

Pac will soon become 8th division champion and armstrong is just 3 weight division champion.

Pac is greater than armstrong and you could do nothing to change that.
              no... Rimmydelicious has owned himself, and people owned him afterwards

and Armstrong never fought at catch-weights to win world titles

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
                pac has 4 lineal titles so you have to give him some credit. He was the main man in 4 divisions which is very rare.
                that's my whole point : why tarnish those great achievements with catch-weight related new achievements ?

Comment

Only people doing this are *******s and casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                    techniclly he is right.....pac is a 4 div champion and srmastrong 3 out of the original 8!
                    No, technically he's wrong because when Armstrong won there was only 1 recognized World title for each division.

The only Ring and lineal titles Pacquiao has won in the original 8 weight classes have been at 112 and 126. 130 and 140 weren't weight classes that had World titles.

Armstrong held the 126, 135, and 147 pound titles simultaneously and was by all accounts robbed of a decision against Garcia at 160. Is it a stretch to think Armstrong would've won 130, 140, and 154 pound World titles if they actually existed for that time?

Comment

Working...
                    X