No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Schedule Meeting With Mayweather in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    cant do it im in a bet that he fights martinez next. i dont think hes gonna fight cotto next. just saying its a better fight than pac margacheato at a catchweight for a vacant title.
    Floyd will not fight Cotto. Cotto might not be in his prime now but for Floyd he is still a big challenge. Cotto is just 29 years old and has some serious weapons in his arsenal. Floyd doesn't fight fighters that are at their best or near their best. He fights guys over 35, like de la Hoya, Marquez, Mosley, Gatti (it's true he was just 33) who are good but not very dangerous. Floyd retired to avoid Cotto and nothing would point out on him taking a challenge like Cotto anytime soon.
    Floyd will never fight Martinez. I am willing to bet all my points that he will never take on Martinez, he is a bigger threat than Cotto being a southpaw and bigger than Cotto. He is just waiting to see if Pacquiao is that good because he wants to fight the smaller Pacquiao to have the size advantage. He wants to beat the smaller guy and then retire but right now he is not sure if he is capable of doing that so he is waiting until either Pacquiao goes through a war or he sees that Pac is not the monster he appeared to be in the last 2 years.
    He just has a proven background of being a ducker. He ducked every real threat being the undefeated, undisputed king of ducking.
    Last edited by Arthas; 07-24-2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Volcano High View Post
      well, damn, i can't really disagree with you there.

but if we're talking about fantasy fights, then may-pac is a better fight than may-cotto. checkmate.
      i accept defeat on that one sir but i completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Mayweather-Cotto would suck ass.

Also, fat chance that anyone would get anything boxing related out of him.

He's not thinking about boxing. He just fought 60 days ago.

If Floyd fights Cotto, it will prove that he's really afraid of pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          WTF???????????? Behind Arum? Is Cotto a free agent or has he got one fight left with Arum?
          Pretty twisted everything up, didn't it mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthas View Post
            Floyd will not fight Cotto. Cotto might not be in his prime now but for Floyd he is still a big challenge. Cotto is just 29 years old and has some serious weapons in his arsenal. Floyd doesn't fight fighters that are at their best or near their best. He fights guys over 35, like de la Hoya, Marquez, Mosley, Gatti (it's true he was just 33) who are good but not very dangerous. Floyd retired to avoid Cotto and nothing would point out on him taking a challenge like Cotto anytime soon.
            how young do they start the indoctrination process nowadays?

Comment

this thread should be titled

Comments Thread For: Mayweather avoids Manny for match with Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post

how is it a duck if the contract was not agreed upon?

Comment

HOLY ****!! Floyd vs Cotto at 154? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm its good

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

Cotto KTFO by Marg.

Cotto KTFO by Pac.

Cotto lose by UD decision to Floyd.

The fight would suck. Period.
                    Second that.

This fight should never be made now. No point.
                    Better matchups:

Pac, Williams, Martinez, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post

LMAO that ****'s funny!

But seriously, with all that Floyd said about vacation, family and not thinkin' bout boxing, I fought 60 days ago, and now this?

I just don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X