Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Disgrace Paul Briggs Vs Danny Green

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woah...now I see what all the fuss is about.

Comment

Originally posted by DocHolliday View Post
      The punch didn't even touch him man, if he's seriously injured he needs to be in a hospital be because that wasn't even as hard as a noogie the glove slightly rubbed the top/back of his head.

On a side note, not tryna bring the whole Roy Jones Jr. argument back up but does that not look like a ****load of tape on Danny Green's handwraps?
      It looked like nothing, Maybe Briggs was just pissed at Green making him come in at 185 for a fight where the limit is 200. I hate catchweight bull**** like that, Green's title isnt even a real title but it's still in the Cruiserweight division so you should let the guy come in at the full limit. Maybe Briggs just thought "**** this" and decided to do what he did. But like I said before, He will definetly regret it. Hard to see him getting another good payday after that.

I don't follow Green much so I don't really know about his handwraps. RJJ was ****** not to get anything done about Green's handwraps if they were illegal. But if Green is cheating to beat guys like a 41 year old Jones and Siaca and Briggs coming off 3 years off. Then that's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Boxing now days....is just......I don't even know what to say. We can't blame this all on Briggs. These promoters and fighters hand pick opponents. How can you call yourself a champion when you handpick opponents...no other sport does it but boxing. This is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
          Boxing now days....is just......I don't even know what to say. We can't blame this all on Briggs. These promoters and fighters hand pick opponents. How can you call yourself a champion when you handpick opponents...no other sport does it but boxing. This is embarrassing.
          I agree, but this happens alot. Alot of people dislike Green though, As if fighting Briggs after 3 years off wasnt bad enough. If he has been loading his gloves aswell then that's a ***** move. A "champion" wouldnt do that.

Comment

How can't we blame all of this on Briggs, he did after all clearly take a dive instead of just getting KTFO like he would have anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
              This was a load of BS.

Does anyone else think he faked the KO, so he would avoid punishment for 12 rounds???

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                How can't we blame all of this on Briggs, he did after all clearly take a dive instead of just getting KTFO like he would have anyway.
                Well, Green picked him? Green could have picked another opponent.

Why did he take the dive?

And Briggs should never get another fight.

Comment

Well, Green picked him? Green could have picked another opponent.

Why did he take the dive?

And Briggs should never get another fight.
                  Originally this fight was not even sanctioned by the boxing commission in the state they wanted to fight in - they had to move locations just to get approval.

Green hyped this fight up in Australia big time.

I'm embarassed by this - we get little boxing coverage in the media here and to have this represent the sport is just plain crap.

Legitimate fighters like Katsidis are an unknown in Australia.

Comment

Wow you guys are both ****** and naive, The reason he had such a long layoff and basically retired was because of his health. Briggs was physically unable to fight and he still was. Most of the Australian boxing scene thought he was nuts for coming back, especially in the condition he was in. Actually, he was Ko'd in a similar fashion early in his career. The punch that Danny Green landed was a very stiff jab to the top of the head, it looked like it completely knocked off his equilibrium. The layoff and his health problems prolly contributed to the "KO". Most people should've been able to shrug that blow off rather easily but my hunch is that area of his skull is either underdeveloped or theirs something seriously wrong with him. This fight was only for the $$$ for him, too bad he won't be gettin paid.
                    Last edited by Don Johnson; 07-21-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

somewhere Bruce Seldon is laughing

Comment

Working...
                      X