No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calderon vs Segura Unification is Confirmed By PRBBP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calderon vs Segura Unification is Confirmed By PRBBP

The highly anticipated unification fight is official. World junior flyweight champion of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon, returns on August 28th when he faces Mexican champion Giovanni Segura, holder of the World Boxing Association (WBA) title, at the coliseum Mario "Quijote" Morales in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico in a presentation by PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) and carried on "Pay Per View."

[Click Here To Read More]

make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
      make it happen!
      It already happened!

Jalame-jalamela, jalamelamela.....

Comment

Yea this is what I'm talking about, an attempt to unify these belts with another battle in the Pr vs Mexico war. Next Up, Juanma vs. Rafa, hopefully Cotto gets to fight a Mexican next as well; keep this going for 2010.

Comment

should shut up all the haters calderon wins this fight then wat u mexicans gonna say

Comment

easy fight for calderon

Comment

This is the best thing that could happen at 108, since Viloria's decline. Is this a PPV? I would order this if I had to, because these types of fights are what boxing needs. I hope Calderon can make it to the final bell with the W.

Comment

Calderon will box circles around this kid. Segura is a one dimensional slugger of the worst kind for this level of fighting (the best kind for action fight though). He's a one dimensional slugger that blows his load early.

For Segura to win, he'll need to fight somewhat like Cotto did against Foreman. How is that Q? It's staying in the middle of the ring and pivoting off your back foot. No chasing, no running into punches, no wild misses.

Granted, Segura doesn't have the jab, short, accurate punches, patience, and timing Cotto has, but the style and tactic is there because Cotto made Foreman get uncomfortable and lead and at the same time Foreman must've felt like Cotto was putting tons of pressure on him.

Segura needs to base his tactics on that, be patient, go to the body for the first 7-8 rounds, and drown Calderon late with waves of punches. I doubt Capetillo would be able to set that type of gameplan up though. Segura will have to hope he's able to catch Calderon a few times on the chin and knock him out early or he's gonna get outboxed.

Comment

Good boxer v brawler match-up, Calderon will win easily though.

Comment

Wow! this is the best matchup in the light flyweight division.

Ivan didn't look good against the slow-assed Iribe, and had trouble with Mayol. Calderon is one of the purest boxers around, but i think he's slipping.

Segura would prolly stop him!

Comment

Working...
                    X