• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
    lol....yuri is a bum.
    cotto made him look like a bum

Comment

This fight is two years too late. Cotto is past it by now. Cotto has bad luck though, had Margarito not cheated againest him and won - he would have fought DLH later that year which wouldve set up a megafight with Mayweather. And Mayweather would have never asked for a drug test either. Its bad luck on Cotto who couldve been p4p one day instead he got cheated ... and never been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        Who has cotto not been able to hit, not been able to time? Yeah, floyd is one of the fastest, but cotto is a great timer, and has a great jab. floyd would get caught with punches, and im not sure he can last. floyd will catch cotto too, but he doesnt have enough power, or the style of fighting like pac to bust him up. pac was constantly throwing shots, but floyd isnt like that. he's a points fighter. cotto's boxing ability is very underrated, when he is smart and uses his jab, he is one of the best. under steward, he will only improve.
        Cotto's style may be tweaked by Stewart a bit, but I just don't see it being enough to even stop Floyd let alone knock him out. He might be able to stun him as did Shane, and that's if Floyd decides to stand toe to toe and trade.

You also have to understand Floyd is not a volume puncher. He's economical and precise with his shots. He doesn't waste punches.

I just don't see how a fight, which the majority knows will be non-competitive, should be put together.

In fact, someone should ask Stewart himself what he thinks of the prospects of a Cotto win would be should he and Floyd scrap.

I'm almost certain his response will sound hopeful, but won't be as reassuring.

Comment

nice little fantasy.....but Pac will just take the easy route and fight for the vacant title (8th)

Comment

Ive made a thread about this before and Ive been saying this for the longest time, that Floyd should fight Cotto if he doesn't fight Manny. The reason being, Cotto is a very winnable fight for Floyd & a very marketable name for him, one of the few names left that can generate the ppv buys that can satisfy Floyds standards.

Now like others have said, this may seem like a pipe dream when we factor in Uncle Bob. But you have to remember Promoters have no real allegiances they all worship the same thing, the all mighty dollar. So you never know, anything can happen if it makes enough $ense.

Really who else is Floyd going to fight... Sergio, Paul ? Yea right.... Makes No $ense business wise, too much risk and not enough reward.

Comment

i hope this fight happen, i'll give floyd slight edge of 55-45 that he will win on points but i have a feeling that cotto has a very good chance against floyd due to style match up.

Comment

anybody that thinks cotto has a chance against floyd probably should stop being a boxing fan and start following water polo or something, cuz floyd would beat cotto virtually every round, and he would have done it even in cotto's climax in his career.

Comment

the problem with miguel is that hes just too flat footed, no way in hell he can compete against floyd if he can't shoot "from the hip", floyd beats him "a la marquez"

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    cotto made him look like a bum
                    I think you mean Cotto helped him prove he was a bum. Dude had a flat tire going into their fight.

Comment

It won't happen. No longer a big money fight, Arum and Mayweather still hate each other.

It should have happened in 2007-2008.

Comment

Working...
                      X