Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this the end of Mayweather's superstar career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES,

He disappointed his fans and media people who supported him.

Comment

Bump for recent events.
      Keep in mind though, the alleged domestic violence against a woman is just alleged. Not proven yet but it is highly suspect and does not him help at all regardless. And once again hes nowhere to be found...

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
        As the title says, is it?

He says he won't fight this year and Pac doesn't want to fight much longer, so that fight may be out the window. Don't count on May '11, like in March when we shouldnt have counted on November '10. Hes going to say he'll need a tuneup and then after that he won't fight. Many of his diehard fans look like idiots and hypocrites since Floyd did not help them at all by not fighting Pac. I'm not sure how much longer they'll continue to support someone that doesn't fight and dissapoints them.
        when did it start?

superstars have shoe & apparel deals. Floyd has none.

Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Manny Pacquiao, Lebron James = shoe & apparel deals with big companies = Superstars.

Floyd = no deal = racist xenophobic woman beater = not a superstar.

Comment

I really dont know what mayweather is doing.He seems a bit lost.

Comment

To me, I don't care.

If Edwin Valero was still alive and all he did was kill his wife, I'd still be a fan.

Floyd could join al-Qaeda and kill innocent civilians, I don't care.

I'm a boxing fan before I'm a sociologist.

Comment

this definitely hurts his superstar status.

And historians will ultimately end up comparing Floyd to Manny Pacquiao...who's image is for the most part clean.

Damn man. I make fun of the dude, but it's sad to see things go down this way. Floyd could've EASILY been an ATG....he only needed like 3 or 4 fights with this era's top WW's (Cotto, Margo, Pacquiao....ALL fights I'd bet on him to win).

Imagine....Genaro Hernandez, Castillo, Diego Corrales, Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Manny Pacquiao.

Dude could've easily made FOTD, and top 5 ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                when did it start?

Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Manny Pacquiao, Lebron James = shoe & apparel deals with big companies = Superstars.

lol. Well for boxing then. Hes arguably the biggest draw or at least the 2nd biggest behind Pac. Funny post though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Swindler View Post
                  when did it start?

& yet he still makes more guap than your hero

Comment

It should have been better for floyd if he don't come out of retirement after his fight with hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                      To me, I don't care.

If Edwin Valero was still alive and all he did was kill his wife, I'd still be a fan.

Floyd could join al-Qaeda and kill innocent civilians, I don't care.

I'm a boxing fan before I'm a sociologist.
                      You are a waste of life.

Comment

Working...
                      X