Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of CONSTANTLY defending the sport of BOXING??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    when u cnt get ur sports two best athletes to compete against each other, its very embarassing.
    MY POINT EXACTLY!!..

Now what do you say to these MMA fanboys or casuals who wouldn't MIND giving boxing a try but see this type of activity?..they who do they call or text right away?..ME the die hard fan expecting an explanation on why one is a coward the other is a ***** ..etc it's a damn shame is what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
      It's all about who you're actually talking to. All the people I talk boxing with outside of this site are longtime fans, usually lifelong fans. You're not gonna get serious discussions on the sport with kids who just caught on in the last 3 years. Everybody who's really informed on boxing and not just their favorite fighters don't let the politics of the sport ruin their appreciation for it. I do wish more people liked it but I won't waste my time on the guys who don't. They can go watch MMA for all I care if they won't give boxing a try.

And I've talked to lifelong fans as well..people going as far back as to telling me about Sal Sanchez fights live..but they only go as recent as the four horsemen, and Tyson..some JCCsr and DLH..lol..then they say Boxing died in their heart..

after that it's a MAJOR PPV's like DLH-Mayweather, DLH-Pacquiao, Mayweather-Hatton, etc..

and when all they see is Mayweather and Pacquiao..and they're sitting there finding excuses to duck each other..they get reminded on why they give up on it..

I mean I know it's a petty situation..but it's not helping the sport gain any fans..is what I'm saying..and if anything..it's making fans turn away and give up on this ****..(not me of course..lol)..but

Comment

boxing is doing just fine...with or without our words. great fighters, entertaining fights...im excited to see what happens the rest of this year and even more so next year. if anyone is gonna need defending itll be all the other sports trying to match the intensity boxing is cooking up.

Comment

No. I just find the first Dana White looking douchebag wearing a Affliction shirt, smash that queer out, then use said shirt to wipe my ass after taking a Taco Bell dump.

Comment

at a fight party last night, i had to hear it from a couple of MMA fans

they asked me why our sport can't get a PAC-PBF fight...i ran out of beer tryin to explain

so i changed the subject to me taking their money in poker

it was kinda sad

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
              at a fight party last night, i had to hear it from a couple of MMA fans

they asked me why our sport can't get a PAC-PBF fight...i ran out of beer tryin to explain

so i changed the subject to me taking their money in poker

it was kinda sad

ROFL!..

Mak always coming to brighten up the thread..I feel you tho..I go through the same **** with friends and family who ask questions that I can't but should be able to answer!..lol

Comment

defend it against who, queers who watch MMA instead? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Eyesolated View Post
                  Out of my circle...I'm the only DIE HARD Boxing fan..you have other casuals...even some who were DIE HARD themselves (from the Tyson, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, etc era) but for obvious reasons fell off..

Now I'm always talking boxing..making analogies, comparisons and even bragging..

but I always seem to get cornered when **** like this Mayweather-Pacquiao comes about..

now everyones looking at me like..why is Mayweather such a *****, he's a coward..and I've been one to brag and claim he beats Pac..not so sure anymore..his claims have made it to ESPN and he's looking like a ***** to the ENTIRE WORLD..and he asks why he isn't respected as a boxer?!..

But that's not the only thing...this tournament is buzzing as well..but why if there's no cuts or injuries are these fighters needing 6 or so months to fight?..by then people lose interest or if they aren't die hard fans they forget about the last fight..I mean is 6 mths really necessary after an 8 week camp and a 45 min fight to recover?..I think 3 mths is enough to keep it moving unless of course there's injuries..

one more thing is..an obvious one..the ones KILLING the sport one fight at a time...THE PROMOTERS...Top Rank and GBP won't let their fighters fight any risks..it's either with each other or they keep it in house..and then they try and justify it with the numbers saying other fighters aren't draws..everyone asks me..how come Cotto has never fought Mayweather..and I tell them because of the issues between Cotto's promoter and Mayweather..and they claim he's scared and it's an excuse not to fight Cotto..these are CASUALS too!!...lol...

and it seems like it's atleast twice a month where they come at me with some inexplicable **** that even I CAN'T STAND about the sport to try and prove why MMA is better or other sanctioned sports..and I have nothing to reply with..because it's true..this sport is now infested with ***** duckers, greedy and ****ty promoters, and 2yr vacations in between bouts..

So am I really the only one?!..I can't be!
                  You are not mate. It would be nice to think that the casual fans would look at the great fights every weekend but the reality is the media (espec in New Zealand) only cover boxing when its Tua fighting or anything Pac/May related so ther casual fan believes all this **** and its very hard to convince them otherwise.

My advice? Learn some jiu jitsu techniques and watch UFC too. The contrast between the sports highlights the areas boxing needs to improve on (but probably wont) and gives better angles to which to defend the great sweet science.

If you find it hard to watch 5 mins worth of 2 muscle bound dudes leaning on each other, learn the techniques and what the guys are trying to achieve. It helps a lot. MMA striking is around 50% of what top level boxing and muay thai.

Comment

I think it all comes down to money. It not money that is the root and decay of all evil...it's the pursuit and what transpires during it and as a result of it that has such a decaying influence on our beloved sport.

I could be worse, but i also see room for improvement. I try to focus on the positive aspects of it, and seeing as how none of my real life friends are into boxing, you guys are my only link to discussing it and keeping up with it. Boxing is still alive and well, though it's changed quite a bit over it's many years, everything eventually gets a bit "watered down", i guess.

I agree with Jack, it really doesn't need defending.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      The sport doesnt evolve around Pacquiao and Floyd.

The sport is fine.

Dirrell vs. Ward for starters.
                      The sport MAY be fine but **** like this is what give other contact sports momentum.

Also, Ward vs Dirrell don't mean **** outside of boxing fans and their fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X