Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great point ^

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      As much as I hate MMA, I gotta give it to dana he is a marketing genius. He sells his product once a month for $50 to every white middle class wimp who's never been punched and a bunch of preppy college frat boys. They just eat this **** up.

Boxing is popular with the ethnic street group. We see MMA for what it is, and know boxing will always be better. Most people that watch MMA are soft, they wouldnt last long at my boxing gym.
      Seriously dude, I agree with most of this, but I am as white as they come and to me mma is boxing's *****. Maybe I'm a minority in my own race.

Comment

Boxing will continue to fade but it's nothing to do with MMA. Boxing is killing itself.

Comment

my opinion...........on dana whites opinion................................is boxing will outlast the UFC..........................................

Comment

Is this bald headed freak crazy

Comment

Dana has nothing to offer except lies, and deserves not to be taken even the least bit seriously.

I will point out, for the hell of it, that the big flaw in his argument is that, although he would prefer people to believe that UFC is a sport, the sport is MMA and UFC is a promotion, which, as it happens, does not cross promote and refuses to get involved with any fighter who is not under one of their exclusive slave contracts. People have been clamoring for Fedor to fight the UFC heavyweights for ever. First it was Couture, and then Lesnar. And while contract negotiations did take place, when you think about it, Dana probably never wanted a Russian to come in and start knocking off his guys in the first place, and so he threw out a bunch of ridiculous demands which stalled the negotiations.

There are plenty of guys not signed to the UFC who could put on compelling matches against the current UFC crop, but we will never see it happen because of the politics. The bald fat fuck will continue to spout off with lies and slander though and braindead fanboys and so-called journalists alike will continue to take him seriously.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 07-18-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsley View Post
                First off, most people didn't even read the full article from the comments. I disagree that boxing will go away but the younger crowd will lean more towards the UFC because it's more action & more televised regardless of the talent level. Had May/Pac been a UFC fight we would have seen it by now. You can't name too many protected fighters in the UFC if any at all. I will always be more attracted to boxing but I see where Dana is coming from. Promoters are killing boxing...and if it stays this way, it'll get worst for the sport.
                Maybe his "opinions" would mean something if they weren't utterly self-serving and riddled with lies. My advice is not to believe a single word this bald fat dickhead says. If the underlying logic is constructed of lies the entire argument is absolute ****.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                  No you wouldn't, in fact the fight would be a non-starter. The same way we never got to see Fedor vs Couture (2007) and Brock (2009). Or really any fight that would involve co-promotion (huge fights never took place in MMA between 2000-2006 because the UFC and Pride refused to work with each other). But im sure that Floyd and Manny would be much happier to give 90% of their earnings to Dana White and his Italian mob partners...oh the sport would be so much better .
                  No, it's because the UFC refused to work with Pride. The head of Pride even proposed an MMA expo with the Pride and UFC rings side by side.

Comment

Boxing is one of the oldest sports in the world to say that it will simply go away is almost laughable.

The whole pac mayweather thing will it/won't it just makes it even bigger when it eventually does happen.

Dana white isn't stupid and im sure he know this but it probably bugs the **** out of him.

Comment

Yeah, this guy is dumb. The sport is far to global now to ever go away. Our great great great grandchildren will be able to watch Boxing if they want.

Comment

Working...
                      X