Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Understanding Pacquiao's past martial arts influence...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jieichi View Post
    Floyd is also a martial artist. He studied "Wing Chikn"!

Crouching Chicken Hidden Testicles

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
      just because he idolized Bruce Lee doesn't mean he actually trained in the martial arts

the mother****er could barely afford food, like he's could afford karate lessons
      Lessons and "Schools" are not necessarily of commercial venue unlike here in the United States. And it has nothing to do with the link that he idolizes Bruce Lee.

I have encountered before that he was practicing some kind of FMA and since I am involved in the FMA, I really can see some influences.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
        As a practitioner of FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) this couldn't be furthered from the truth that he didn't learn FMA. FMA have their own kickboxing called Kali/Escrima/Arnis/Silat/Kuntaw...

And Pacquiao have practiced some form or variation of the FMA.

If anybody who hasn't heard, try GOOGLING the said names of the arts above and Guro Dan Inosanto. The only remaining heir to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do. (there's 3 of them who earned the Tao of Jeet Kune Do and Jun Fan Jeet kune Do)

Guro Dan is Bruce Lee's most famous student. This linke is called PANANTUKAN (A Visayan term for SUNTUKAN, suntok meant punch in Tagalog)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thoCeFHkTmwhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thoCeFHkTmw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlPFjNxjESw&NR=1

Not undermining the great training and teaching of Freddie Roach but if you look at the influence of the FMA, it is the multi-hits, all angle hitting, leverage and footworks that Pacquiao has already employed.
        yea yea yea. every east asian dude knows some kind of martial art. ****in stereotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          yea yea yea. every east asian dude knows some kind of martial art. ****in stereotypes.
          Who said that? I didn't say that...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
            Lessons and "Schools" are not necessarily of commercial venue unlike here in the United States. And it has nothing to do with the link that he idolizes Bruce Lee.

I have encountered before that he was practicing some kind of FMA and since I am involved in the FMA, I really can see some influences.
            That's totally true

Comment

I don't think so.

Pacquiao I believe kickboxed; muay thai style. Which isn't any of that stuff you mentioned.

and for the record. Yes, I have looked into Filipino martial arts. Being a martial artist myself, I look into just about all martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                I don't think so.

Pacquiao I believe kickboxed; muay thai style. Which isn't any of that stuff you mentioned.
                Truth:

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                  just because he idolized Bruce Lee doesn't mean he actually trained in the martial arts

the mother****er could barely afford food, like he's could afford karate lessons
                  man , little kid's tae kwon do classes were expensive from what i remember in pinas.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    I don't think so.

and for the record. Yes, I have looked into Filipino martial arts. Being a martial artist myself, I look into just about all martial arts.
                    filipinos main contribution to martial arts internationally is weapons training.

filipinos has good stickfighting and knife fighting training for cops and military.

not really much in the empty handed stuff.

Comment

They're about to slam May-Pac on around the Horn.

Comment

Working...
                      X