No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
    Mayweather cleaned out 130 and won titles in 5 weight classes. He always fought the official WBC champions and never made any catchweight demands. He just said "Put them in front of me and I will beat them"

Yes the Castillo fight was controversial but he went to the rematch and set the record straight. What did Pacquiao do after Morales beat him? He waited until Morales lost to Raheem at 135 and then fought him at 130 and ducked Raheem. Which was a ***** move, Mayweather didnt wait for Castillo to lose. He gave him an immediate rematch.
    What does this have to do with Pac? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Since when does the lineal 147lb champ go down to fight the lineal 140 lb champ at that weight? Then you equate that to risk? what the **** are you talking about?

If I recall, hatton called out floyd saying there was more action in his fight with castillo then both floyd's fights with him.

Honestly, floyd hatton at 140 is just like floyd gatti.

That diminishes the significance of that win. Period.

Manny actually fought Hatton at his weight. 140.

My original post read Floyd has never beat a HOFer at their weight in their prime.

So you're not proving me wrong.... but just arguing with yourself there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
        Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.

Boom.

Exposed.

But Floyd is a Black American. That lends him credibility he wouldn't have other wise. His blind bat fans(mostly American) will hold up his skills and even though he's not a dynamic fighter.... he does not have any KO power.... his fights have no replay value.
        how the hell can you compare mayweather jr to calzaghe??? calzaghe atleast had the balls to fight guys like Eubank , Handed Kessler and Lacy their first defeats, beated both RJJ and Hopkins....i might not like calzaghe but atleast he used to carry through with what he said he would do and didnt trash talk like floyd..

Comment

Hopkins beat Calzaghe imo and the opinion of all ringside scorers.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
            how the hell can you compare mayweather jr to calzaghe??? calzaghe atleast had the balls to fight guys like Eubank , Handed Kessler and Lacy their first defeats, beated both RJJ and Hopkins....i might not like calzaghe but atleast he used to carry through with what he said he would do and didnt trash talk like floyd..
            The Hopkins fight is up for debate. I see no way Calzaghe won if you go by punches landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
              That diminishes the significance of that win. Period.

Manny actually fought Hatton at his weight. 140.

My original post read Floyd has never beat a HOFer at their weight in their prime.

So you're not proving me wrong.... but just arguing with yourself there.
              Yes manny fought hatton at 140. You forgot to point out hatton fought 2x at 147 and had to come down to fight manny. Manny beats him either way IMO. If you feel the need to dimish floyds win and not manny's over hatton fine with me.

This site and others proved that statement false.

Comment

calzaghe was the one robbed against hopkins, robbed of a UD

Comment

Originally posted by |Matorikkusu| View Post
                  calzaghe was the one robbed against hopkins, robbed of a UD
                  Hopkins won 5 rounds clearly and scored a knockdown and had a few toss up rounds. How was HE not robbed of a UD man?

Comment

Hopkins didn't do **** from like round 4 onwards. Except fake low blows so he could catch his breath because he couldn't handle the pace and heat Calzaghe was giving him.

Comment

That's a disgrace to Joe, Joe would never ask for OSDT vs any opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X