No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather= American, Black Joe Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I addressed it in the 2nd post. All you did was say no! If this site and others hold Castillo and Hernandez in high esteem and you say no just to make an argument what is the point in going back and forth. we get it.

You hate floyd and as such, will not objectively review his resume. If anyone points out why they think you are wrong you just go against every reputable opinion on HOF fighters and say"they are not in prime" . Cool.

I already addressed that.

Floyd was Hernandez's last fight. Was Hernandez in his prime?

Floyd is 1-1 with Castillo. and Castillo is not a HOF lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
      LMAO. See this is the exact type of **** I'm talking about. No substantial discussion about his actual record. Just believing the hype like the mindless sheeps this board is infested with.

He's the cashcow just like Whitaker was the draw that brought over 100K attendance to see him fight Julio Caesar Chavez.

Honestly though, Mayweather is the last great American boxer. I believe the Americans really get behind their own. Even though he's not dynamic and he's kind of a social outcast.

People will not revere him in the future. He will be remembered an over-hyped cherry-picker.

ESPN Classic Boxing will not replay any of his fights as they have no replay value. Every time the public spends money to watch him fight.... he stinks out the joint. Sure you can say the public is stupid or whatever but the reality is this......... he is a BORING FIGHTER TO WATCH. period.
      He gets the job done.. hit and not get hit is the aim of the game. You may find him boring.. others dont. I sure dont. If Floyd didnt even speak, we will stil have one fine fighter. Its obviously just

The only person you could say Floyd should have fought was Cotto at 147 instead of Hatton. But they were both very dangerous.

Hes got major league skill which should be apprieciated, your obviously just an nooby alt

Comment

I already addressed that.

Floyd was Hernandez's last fight. Was Hernandez in his prime?

Floyd is 1-1 with Castillo. and Castillo is not a HOF lock.
        Castillo was voted by this site one of the top 25 fighters at that weight. Yes he will be a HOF. Besides, floyd won the first fight with a broken hand. Next fight easy win. In total he won 17-19 of 24 rds.

Genaro hernandez retired not because he wasn't in his prime (8 def in a row) but because floyd was 21 and beat him rather easily. Hatton was undefeated in his prime and moving up, like floyd has done a number of times only floyd won.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe is a perfect parallel to Mayweather. Hopkins and RJJ are both first ballot HOFers. But do you give Joe Calzaghe credit for his wins over them? Nope. Floyd is undefeated you say? So is Joe. Unlike Floyd Joe doesn't have a controversial loss(Castillo). Joe is also 46-0. Floyd's got some catching up to do.

Hopkins and RJJ are the DLH and Mosley of Mayweather's resume. Take those 2 away. Mayweather does not have a single HOFer on his resume that he fought in their weight class.

Boom.

Exposed.

But Floyd is a Black American. That lends him credibility he wouldn't have other wise. His blind bat fans(mostly American) will hold up his skills and even though he's not a dynamic fighter.... he does not have any KO power.... his fights have no replay value.
          Errr not exactly. Actually that's just stupid. I mean Floyd was the first to kick Hatton's ass, he UD Oscar when Oscar was the 154 champion and was 33, not 43 like Bernard was when Joe got to him. Floyd was always made to lose, Joe was protected both by the media and his fans who want to fabricate another Marciano. Good riddance.

Comment

as of right now floyds a step above calzaghe
            as of right now
            and i hatre floyd and love joe

Comment

Castillo was voted by this site one of the top 25 fighters at that weight. Yes he will be a HOF. Besides, floyd won the first fight with a broken hand. Next fight easy win. In total he won 17-19 of 24 rds.

Genaro hernandez retired not because he wasn't in his prime (8 def in a row) but because floyd was 21 and beat him rather easily. Hatton was undefeated in his prime and moving up, like floyd has done a number of times only floyd won.

Castillo is not a lock. being voted top 25 in your weight class does not make you a lock for HOF at all. Unless you're in the top 10. Even then.

You agee Hernandez was at the tail end of his career. Okay. Scratch that.

Hatton, once again, CAME UP IN WEIGHT. My original post addressed this. How was this fight go down at 140? Would Floyd make it into the ring?

Hatton is not a HOF lock either.
              Last edited by Rassclot; 07-14-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Errr not exactly. Actually that's just stupid. I mean Floyd was the first to kick Hatton's ass, he UD Oscar when Oscar was the 154 champion and was 33, not 43 like Bernard was when Joe got to him. Floyd was always made to lose, Joe was protected both by the media and his fans who want to fabricate another Marciano. Good riddance.

Bernard was 43 but he's still beating legit contenders. He schooled Pavlik after. Oscar went life and death with Steve Forbes and some people believe he lost that fight.

Floyd was made to lose has nothing to do with his resume. He's just that much of a heel.

Once again... is Hatton HOF lock? Did he fight Hatton in his weight class? Okay. sit down.

Comment

Castillo is not a lock. being voted top 25 in your weight class does not make you a lock for HOF at all. Unless you're in the top 10. Even then.

You agee Hernandez was coming of 8 losses in a row. Okay. Scratch that.

Hatton, once again, CAME UP IN WEIGHT. My original post addressed this. How was this fight go down at 140? Would Floyd make it into the ring?

Hatton is not a HOF lock either.
                  Hernandez won 8 in a row. 8 def means 8 title defenses .

Hatton is a HOF, he just lost to a better fighter coming up. Dude, if you honestly believe ricky hatton at any weight was going to beat floyd mayweather jr. then I don't know what to tell you except this. When floyd moves up and fights HOF fighters at their weight he wins.

Look, hate floyd all you want thats cool with me. But be real about his resume dude.

Comment

Hatton is a HOF, he just lost to a better fighter coming up. Dude, if you honestly believe ricky hatton at any weight was going to beat floyd mayweather jr. then I don't know what to tell you except this. When floyd moves up and fights HOF fighters at their weight he wins.

Look, hate floyd all you want thats cool with me. But be real about his resume dude.

Floyd would not beat Ricky at 140.

Let me tell you why. He can no longer make the weight. He couldn't even make the weight against JMM.

When the actual fight went life and death for 10 rounds..... if floyd had to drop an additional 7 lbs..... the fight could've been different. But we'll never know now.. because Floyd didn't want to take the risk.

awww boo hoo.

Comment

Floyd would not beat Ricky at 140.

Let me tell you why. He can no longer make the weight. He couldn't even make the weight against JMM.

When the actual fight went life and death for 10 rounds..... if floyd had to drop an additional 7 lbs..... the fight could've been different. But we'll never know now.. because Floyd didn't want to take the risk.

awww boo hoo.
                      Since when does the lineal 147lb champ go down to fight the lineal 140 lb champ at that weight? Then you equate that to risk? what the **** are you talking about?

If I recall, hatton called out floyd saying there was more action in his fight with castillo then both floyd's fights with him.

Honestly, floyd hatton at 140 is just like floyd gatti.

Comment

Working...
                      X