Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any non Marg supporters that would be happy if Pac lost to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I think people know on here that I like Margarito and that I defend him... I use to be a big fan of his... Still a fan. We were born in the same hospital... So don't take this as me hating on him. Because, I know your pretty big on Margarito.

You can't say that Margarito was on his way to winning the first fight with Santos. The headbutt that caused the cut happened in round 1. There fight was stopped in round 1. There is no way of knowing that he was on his way to winning the fight after just 1 round that wasn't even done.

Now the rematch I thought personally that Margarito was coming on strong and that he could of probably stopped Santos in the next 2 rounds or win the next 2 rounds to pull off the decision victory. I think Santos benefited from having the fight in Puerto Rico.
    Damn, thats pretty awesome. I'd put that **** on my license plate if I was you.

But to your point, Santos headbutted him in that first fight cuz' he knew he was on his way to losing. I'm just using deductive reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
      Ummmmm...yeah. I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that.

Metal plate in head+ 3 wars with EM+ getting ktfo by Junior Jones= Not prime.

Not totally shot, but not prime neither.

Wouldn't have mattered though, Fudge has his number no matter what.
      The Morales trilogy concluded after the Pac fight. So Barrera didn't have 3 wars with Morales just yet.

He totally schooled Hamed after getting KTFO by Junior Jones. Getting KTFO doesn't mean you're not in your prime...

Just look at what he did after the Junior Jones fight.

Going into the Pac fight he totally dominated Mi Vida Loca who was the IBF champ and got stripped cuz he decided to fight Barrera. Barrera KO'd a shot Kevin Kelly sandwiched in the Tapia and Pac fight.

Barrera was in his prime. No doubt about it. Very highly touted at the time.

After the Pac fight Barrera moved UP to a new division concluded a trilogy with Morales, won a title in the new division, unified the titles in the new division and had a winning streak in the new division until he fought JMM. Who Barrera was competitive with.

So yes the first Barrera was in his prime the rematch not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        The Morales trilogy concluded after the Pac fight. So Barrera didn't have 3 wars with Morales just yet.

He totally schooled Hamed after getting KTFO by Junior Jones. Getting KTFO doesn't mean you're not in your prime...

Just look at what he did after the Junior Jones fight.

Going into the Pac fight he totally dominated Mi Vida Loca who was the IBF champ and got stripped cuz he decided to fight Barrera. Barrera KO'd a shot Kevin Kelly sandwiched in the Tapia and Pac fight.

Barrera was in his prime. No doubt about it. Very highly touted at the time.

After the Pac fight Barrera moved UP to a new division concluded a trilogy with Morales, won a title in the new division, unified the titles in the new division and had a winning streak in the new division until he fought JMM. Who Barrera was competitive with.

So yes the first Barrera was in his prime the rematch not so much.
        He fought EM after Packy? I could've sworn that was before, but it sounds like you're on top of your game today so I won't front.

But to your statement about being k.o'd not equaling shotness. I have 2 words for you.

Roy Jones.

Comment

Jack were you on here during the Cotto-Margarito hype? Oh man, I miss those days. I was pickin' Margarito to win that from the start, the **** talking was insane. Good ol days man

Comment

He fought EM after Packy? I could've sworn that was before, but it sounds like you're on top of your game today so I won't front.

But to your statement about being k.o'd not equaling shotness. I have 2 words for you.

Roy Jones.
            yes he did, but both guys were no longer in their prime

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Jack were you on here during the Cotto-Margarito hype? Oh man, I miss those days. I was pickin' Margarito to win that from the start, the **** talking was insane. Good ol days man
              Nah, I think I joined around Dec 08/Jan 09... But I went to the fight.

Comment

Nah, I think I joined around Dec 08/Jan 09... But I went to the fight.

Well A LOT of people on Boxingscene picked Cotto to stop him. After the fight, some Cotto fans didn't come back to the site for 3-4 months, not calling out any names either. Some of their excuses was "I was on Vacation" and no I ain't even bull****tin'

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Well A LOT of people on Boxingscene picked Cotto to stop him. After the fight, some Cotto fans didn't come back to the site for 3-4 months, not calling out any names either. Some of their excuses was "I was on Vacation" and no I ain't even bull****tin'
                  That's BMWMP3. I said his name, fuck him.

Comment

Working...
                  X