Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so that's ONE doping method that can be applied. (funny thing. it CAN'T be detected by floyd's blood tests). But its apparently easy to detect such doping since the SIZE of the needle is that its obvious to the naked eye.

So does anybody else have another doping method in mind? I'd be happy to receive more, though i am satisfied with just one.

ESPECIALLY this one.

I LIKE this one since even without testing, you could ACTUALLY SEE if a person was blood doping. And given the fact that Pac doesn't want blood taken from him, he would have no excuse whatsoever to have any kind of needle puncture on him. ITS PERFECT!
    Last edited by AFighter4U; 07-09-2010, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
      Previously, i made a thread asking if HGH has benefits for boxers taking it 14 days just prior to a fight. I felt that i should simply broaden my question to include EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING etc.

So here's my REVISED QUESTION:

Is there any scientific evidence showing significant benefits for BOXERS roiding up just two weeks or 14 days before the fight? (this includes EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING and any other drug i didn't mention).

So far, all i've gotten is proof that for banned substances like EPO to be effective, one has to take it regularly FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AHEAD. Even then, there are valid questions if these actually benefit boxers.

Why 14 days? Well, since Pac is asking for a 14 day window for the random blood tests, let us simply assume, FOR THE SAKE OF CONVERSATION, that he really is doping, and since he will be tested randomly UP TO 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT, thus the 14 day window. If so, is there scientific proof that he'd actually benefit for doping just 14 days before the fight?

All i'm asking for is hard scientific evidence. No conjectures, guesses, opinions or statistics taken from thin air. I'm looking for EVIDENCE, FACTS and links for scientific journals or studies.

Bro it dont matter how many days it takes to dope up...If u clean u clean, u can test anytime....u shouldnt need a window for testing at all. Come on now use your head.

Comment

Ok, so that's ONE doping method that can be applied. (funny thing. it CAN'T be detected by floyd's blood tests). But its apparently easy to detect such doping since the SIZE of the needle is that its obvious to the naked eye.

So does anybody else have another doping method in mind? I'd be happy to receive more, though i am satisfied with just one.

ESPECIALLY this one.

I LIKE this one since even without testing, you could ACTUALLY SEE if a person was blood doping. And given the fact that Pac doesn't want blood taken from him, he would have no excuse whatsoever to have any kind of needle puncture on him. ITS PERFECT!
        pac is afraid of needles....

Comment

Even if Pac would want to do blood doping, there is no way he could actually pull it off since it would just be too obvious and i seriously doubt if Floyd jr. would not notice something like that or make provisions to detect something so blatantly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceCharlez View Post
            Bro it dont matter how many days it takes to dope up...If u clean u clean, u can test anytime....u shouldnt need a window for testing at all. Come on now use your head.
            If you cannot accept the simple fact that some people just have psychological problems having blood taken from them, then NOTHING i say can ever change your mind, no matter how much i use my head.
            Last edited by AFighter4U; 07-09-2010, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              C. How is blood doping and Erythropoietin commonly used?
              Typically, blood doping involves removing 2 to 4 units (900-1800ml) of blood from an individual. The RBCs are spun and separated from plasma, then stored in glycerol. After a 2-3 month time delay, which allows for restoration of RBC in the athlete, and about 3-5 days before competition, the RBC are "washed" and reinfused. Because of the storage in glycerol, the RBC are well preserved. Donor blood can be used, but risk is increased due to the possibility of blood borne pathogens. The benefit of donor blood is that the individual does not have to go through the period of regeneration of their own RBCs.
              http://www.nsca-lift.org/Education/NPEDP/epo.shtml

3-5 days before performance. please shut the **** up about it not being effective 2 weeks out.

Stop ducking his post.
              urine test can detect that...

Comment

Originally posted by ROID RAGE 01 View Post
                uh oh.. if this is true someone GOT OWNED Bigtime here hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by carts View Post
                  pac is afraid of needles....
                  That is a surprisingly common misconception. The fact that he has numerous tattoos attest to him having no problem with needles. Its just that he doesn't want blood taken from him so close to a fight. That is a big difference that apparently a number of people cannot accept.

Comment

That is a surprisingly common misconception. The fact that he has numerous tattoos attest to him having no problem with needles. Its just that he doesn't want blood taken from him so close to a fight. That is a big difference that apparently a number of people cannot accept.
                    im being sarcastic dude...

Comment

Originally posted by ROID RAGE 01 View Post
                      You know, i certainly hope that is true, but just in case, may i ask for a link showing proof that this urine test can in fact detect blood doping?

Comment

Working...
                      X