Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.I. View Post

"Every time he walks in through the doors of Wild Card, he's focused on what he needs to do," Roach says. Pacquiao starts at four rounds early in his training cycle and gradually builds up to 12 before cutting back in the last two weeks before the fight. "On average, he'll use three sparring partners a day, because most of them can't hang with him for more than four rounds."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n52938036/
    Thanks for replying to this T.I. I was about to try doing so myself but not only did you beat me to it, you got a link as well. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      C. How is blood doping and Erythropoietin commonly used?
      Typically, blood doping involves removing 2 to 4 units (900-1800ml) of blood from an individual. The RBCs are spun and separated from plasma, then stored in glycerol. After a 2-3 month time delay, which allows for restoration of RBC in the athlete, and about 3-5 days before competition, the RBC are "washed" and reinfused. Because of the storage in glycerol, the RBC are well preserved. Donor blood can be used, but risk is increased due to the possibility of blood borne pathogens. The benefit of donor blood is that the individual does not have to go through the period of regeneration of their own RBCs.
      http://www.nsca-lift.org/Education/NPEDP/epo.shtml

3-5 days before performance. please shut the **** up about it not being effective 2 weeks out.
      Thread should be closed at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
        wtf? are you and manny presh, one person?
        gorrila cats aint me.

Comment

Originally posted by T.I. View Post

"Every time he walks in through the doors of Wild Card, he's focused on what he needs to do," Roach says. Pacquiao starts at four rounds early in his training cycle and gradually builds up to 12 before cutting back in the last two weeks before the fight. "On average, he'll use three sparring partners a day, because most of them can't hang with him for more than four rounds."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n52938036/
          Yup, yup..... Now try and spin that.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Thread should be closed at this point.
            they completely ignored the post. thats how you know these guys are in some kind of cult. you can explain to them in 1000 diferent ways how the world is round but they only see it as flat because thats all they see.

Comment

Originally posted by Alibata View Post
              Yup, yup..... Now try and spin that.
              lookup at mannie phresh's post

Comment

they completely ignored the post. thats how you know these guys are in some kind of cult. you can explain to them in 1000 diferent ways how the world is round but they only see it as flat because thats all they see.
                thats how they do

Comment

Typically, blood doping involves removing 2 to 4 units (900-1800ml) of blood from an individual. The RBCs are spun and separated from plasma, then stored in glycerol. After a 2-3 month time delay, which allows for restoration of RBC in the athlete, and about 3-5 days before competition, the RBC are "washed" and reinfused. Because of the storage in glycerol, the RBC are well preserved. Donor blood can be used, but risk is increased due to the possibility of blood borne pathogens. The benefit of donor blood is that the individual does not have to go through the period of regeneration of their own RBCs.

3-5 days before performance. please shut the **** up about it not being effective 2 weeks out.

Stop ducking his post.

Comment

Excellent! Now we have a contender for a beneficial doping method. And for the record, i never said that there WAS NOTHING THAT WAS EFFECTIVE TWO WEEKS OUT.

I was actually ASKING if anyone could give me proof of such. Man. Why are so many people here SO ANGRY? You guys aught to loosen up a bit.

The good thing about blood doping is that though there are no tests currently available to determine it for sure (i guess that includes even the Floyd's random blood tests), based on the link you gave yourself, its easy enough to detect blood doping by the size of the puncture wounds on the athlete since they obviously require larger needles for transfusions.

A simple solution is to require Pac to submit to a daily physical four or five days before the fight to check if he has the puncture wounds obtained through blood doping. They could always add that to the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post

Stop ducking his post.

so this what made pac who he is now??

Comment

Working...
                      X