Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
    Not to mention actually counter productive. Just imagine intense training JUST THE DAY BEFORE A FIGHT.

Then multiply that by 14 days. Intense training for 14 days with fight night right after the 14th day of INTENSE TRAINING.

A boxer would be definitely less than 100% on fight night if he does something that foolish.
    it would be an advantage if the timeslot was shifted further back, but not next to fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ht=brian+kenny

ESPN Interview imbedded. In order to clear the air, feel free to transcribe what he says specifically.

BTW, now that we've established that you made up some BS as an excuse...which is it? Do they do heavy training 14 days out or don't they?
      It wasn't an excuse. it was an OPINION. If you still believe that lie that they do intense training 14 days out, then you are welcome to delude yourself.

Only a foolish boxer would willfully overtrain himself so close before a fight. You need only common sense to know something as basic as that.

Comment

Previously, i made a thread asking if HGH has benefits for boxers taking it 14 days just prior to a fight. I felt that i should simply broaden my question to include EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING etc.

So here's my REVISED QUESTION:

Is there any scientific evidence showing significant benefits for BOXERS roiding up just two weeks or 14 days before the fight? (this includes EPO, ROIDS, BLOOD DOPING and any other drug i didn't mention).

So far, all i've gotten is proof that for banned substances like EPO to be effective, one has to take it regularly FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AHEAD. Even then, there are valid questions if these actually benefit boxers.

Why 14 days? Well, since Pac is asking for a 14 day window for the random blood tests, let us simply assume, FOR THE SAKE OF CONVERSATION, that he really is doping, and since he will be tested randomly UP TO 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT, thus the 14 day window. If so, is there scientific proof that he'd actually benefit for doping just 14 days before the fight?

All i'm asking for is hard scientific evidence. No conjectures, guesses, opinions or statistics taken from thin air. I'm looking for EVIDENCE, FACTS and links for scientific journals or studies.
        this highlights everything thats wrong with all this.

any talk of a 14 day cut off = Pacquiao
        any talk of drug tests right upto the fight = Mayweather

thanks alot mayweather u ****ing jerkoff, for dragging boxing down to your level.

CASTILLO BEAT U SO STICK YOUR 0 IN YOUR A

Comment

It wasn't an excuse. it was an OPINION. If you still believe that lie that they do intense training 14 days out, then you are welcome to delude yourself.

Only a foolish boxer would willfully overtrain himself so close before a fight. You need only common sense to know something as basic as that.
          An opinion that you imposed on Pacquiao. Guess what? It's still false. Now...you have the link. Which is it? Pacquiao says he can't be tested then because he is partaking in heavy training. Is he lying? Or are you going to make up something else on his behalf?

Comment

It could also affect slow twitch and fast twitch muscles.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ht=brian+kenny

ESPN Interview imbedded. In order to clear the air, feel free to transcribe what he says specifically.

BTW, now that we've established that you made up some BS as an excuse...which is it? Do they do heavy training 14 days out or don't they?
              The video has been removed.

Comment

An opinion that you imposed on Pacquiao. Guess what? It's still false. Now...you have the link. Which is it? Pacquiao says he can't be tested then because he is partaking in heavy training. Is he lying? Or are you going to make up something else on his behalf?
                At what time slot in the training camp is this heavy training taking place?

Comment

The video has been removed.
                  Terrible. Youtube "Manny Pacquiao Brian Kenny" interview. Done in January, he is wearing a Cowboys jersey. Unfortunately my youtube is blocked at work but if, for some strange reason, you can't "find it" or "can't be bothered" then let me know and I will work overtime for you.

Comment

You only think its false. So far, you haven't proved it IS. So at this point, everything you said is an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                      At what time slot in the training camp is this heavy training taking place?
                      I don't claim to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X