Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a significant benefit for boxers to roid up 14 days before a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    ^^^^ Has nothing to do with PED's being effective or not in 14 days.

Look EPO raises the level of red blood cells hence enhances oxygen transportation. doesn't matter what kind of athlete you are. Fact.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...osleyepo120208

Its also a fact that boxers take it MONTHS BEFORE A FIGHT and stop taking it just days before a fight. Note BOXERS.

Like i said, i don't know why boxers and cyclists take EPO differently but the fact is they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
      http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...osleyepo120208

Its also a fact that boxers take it MONTHS BEFORE A FIGHT and stop taking it just days before a fight. Note BOXERS.

Like i said, i don't know why boxers and cyclists take EPO differently but the fact is they do.
      Does that mean EPO is ineffective if only taken in the final 2 weeks? Of course it doesn't mean that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Does that mean EPO is ineffective if only taken in the final 2 weeks? Of course it doesn't mean that.
        If it only needs to be taken in the final two weeks, then don't you think that boxers wouldn't do that and ONLY THAT? Mosley had to inject himself 20 times in each side of the belly button in one month.

I don't think these guys do it because they enjoy sticking a needle IN THEIR STOMACHS.

if you had a choice of sticking a needle on both sides of your belly button either for two weeks or two months, which would you rather take?

Of course you'd take the two weeks ONLY! But there is a reason they take it for MONTHS, and that is for it to actually take an effect.

Comment

If it only needs to be taken in the final two weeks, then don't you think that boxers wouldn't do that and ONLY THAT? Mosley had to inject himself 20 times in each side of the belly button in one month.

I don't think these guys do it because they enjoy sticking a needle IN THEIR STOMACHS.

if you had a choice of sticking a needle on both sides of your belly button either for two weeks or two months, which would you rather take?

Of course you'd take the two weeks ONLY! But there is a reason they take it for MONTHS, and that is for it to actually take an effect.
          EPO can be effective in two weeks. The more you use, the more effective it is. The reason why cyclists continually use it is strictly for detection purposes. They are forced to keep their hermacrit levels at a certain point so as not to be caught, hence they are constantly using low amounts over a longer period. A person who has no fear of this will take what they desire.

Comment

Where may i ask manny saying that he was going through "very intense training" 14 days before the fight?
            He stated it on ESPN to Brian Kenny. I can provide a link if needed.

Where may I ask did Manny Pacquiao state that all training is equally intense? Are you lying to make up an excuse for him? If not, let's trade links.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              He stated it on ESPN to Brian Kenny. I can provide a link if needed.

Where may I ask did Manny Pacquiao state that all training is equally intense? Are you lying to make up an excuse for him? If not, let's trade links.
              Please provide the link. And he didn't state that all training is equally intense. I did as my opinion of his attitude towards training.

As for your link, i'd like to read/hear Manny's exact words and the situation where he said it. So many misunderstandings came from taking a person's statements out of context.

Comment

• Actually, Manny has agreed to all the requirements of USADA.

Originally Posted by T.I. View Post
                From Tygart (USADA):

Q: What about blood testing? Could I mask it then?

A: "For transfusions, the 14 days is not going to give you much concern. The evidence of the transfusion will stay in your system longer than the 14 days. But the human growth hormone, for sure not."

Q: One other thing I wanted to touch base with you on -- when the Mayweather-Pacquiao discussions finally fell apart at the beginning of the month, it came down to a 10-day differential; Mayweather bent to 'I'll agree to 14 days prior to the event when there will be no blood testing,' and Pacquiao wouldn't go later than 24 days. Even if Mayweather had yielded to 24 days, what can an athlete do in 24 days? I mean, if you're clean 24 days before the fight, what can you do in the next 24 days that would have any impact on the fight whatsoever?

A: "The human growth hormone for sure, levels of testosterone, and other designer steroids. Sounds like you've got some information -- I'm not agreeing factually that was the difference, and I'm not disagreeing. But if that's the case, the other piece is that, prior to that 14-day or 24-day blackout period, what system was in place? Were you just using the Nevada, or the state of California, system? If that's the case, I'm not worried about the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period, I'm worried about the rest of it. If someone's telling you that's where it fell apart, I think you've got to add the follow-up, 'Well, what kind of testing was going to happen before the 14-day or the 24-day blackout period?' The 14-day period, I'm a lot less concerned about that than what you're doing in the two months before that 14-day period."

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...current_d.html

Comment

Please provide the link. And he didn't state that all training is equally intense. I did as my opinion of his attitude towards training.

As for your link, i'd like to read/hear Manny's exact words and the situation where he said it. So many misunderstandings came from taking a person's statements out of context.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ht=brian+kenny

ESPN Interview imbedded. In order to clear the air, feel free to transcribe what he says specifically.

BTW, now that we've established that you made up some BS as an excuse...which is it? Do they do heavy training 14 days out or don't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    EPO can be effective in two weeks. The more you use, the more effective it is. The reason why cyclists continually use it is strictly for detection purposes. They are forced to keep their hermacrit levels at a certain point so as not to be caught, hence they are constantly using low amounts over a longer period. A person who has no fear of this will take what they desire.
                    So you automatically assume that a person "desires" to take a painfully applied series of shots for MONTHS when he can take it only for two weeks... with the same result?

Also notice that Mosley stopped taking it five days before the fight. Why'd he stop then?

He obviously had no fear of detection since the tests were useless against it. And if what you say is true that the more you use, the more effective it is, then why didn't he take it UP TO THE DAY OF THE FIGHT?

He already endured MONTHS of taking the stuff. Why stop there so close to the fight?

What shane was doing was applying a program with a very specific set of schedules and not some random, un organized subscriptions.

This was part of a very stringent program that was developed after years of practice.

So the fact remains.

Even IF it would take a minimum of two weeks to train, you CANNOT TAKE IT TWO WEEKS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE A FIGHT for it to be effective. It has to be at least two weeks with an allowance of a few days between the last shot taken and the day of the fight itself.

Comment

So you automatically assume that a person "desires" to take a painfully applied series of shots for MONTHS when he can take it only for two weeks... with the same result?

Also notice that Mosley stopped taking it five days before the fight. Why'd he stop then?

He obviously had no fear of detection since the tests were useless against it. And if what you say is true that the more you use, the more effective it is, then why didn't he take it UP TO THE DAY OF THE FIGHT?

He already endured MONTHS of taking the stuff. Why stop there so close to the fight?

What shane was doing was applying a program with a very specific set of schedules and not some random, un organized subscriptions.

This was part of a very stringent program that was developed after years of practice.

So the fact remains.

Even IF it would take a minimum of two weeks to train, you CANNOT TAKE IT TWO WEEKS IMMEDIATELY BEFORE A FIGHT for it to be effective. It has to be at least two weeks with an allowance of a few days between the last shot taken and the day of the fight itself.
                      No...read what I wrote again. This is getting pretty pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X