Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing vs MMA.... MMA is growing GLOBALLY. Boxing ain't!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing vs MMA.... MMA is growing GLOBALLY. Boxing ain't!!!

Yes for the moment boxing does bigger PPV numbers. But the problem with boxing is that it seems to have stagnated in it's global growth.

I'm from Australia and trust me. EVERY YOUNG KID is taking up MMA or talking about MMA.

It has been marketed very very well and hence is drawing the younger generation towards it. It's the 'hip' thing to do right now.

People in America or other older boxing nations probably don't see the spread of MMA as boxing has a strong foundation in them countries. But if you look at countries without a boxing history. 100% guaranteed MMA is ruling supreme in them countries. Boxing is almost dead here in Australia.

You won't find a person let's say under the age of 20 even talk about boxing or know who the fk majority of these boxers are. Hell there ain't even that many boxing gyms here in Sydney. But if you goto a regular gym and walk into the kickboxing rooms. EVERYONE is practicing MMA. Rarely will you find kids boxing.

I think give maby 10 more years. MMA is gona have a big big big stronghold in countries without a boxing history.

The way UFC markets MMA is brilliant. They ACTUALLY take the show to different countries. We just had some UFC here this year and it sold out in like 30mins. That's like as quick as a U2 concert selling out.

I mean seriously. When was the last time a big fight was held OUTSIDE USA??? I don't know how they can expect the sport to grow if all they wana do is hold every fight in Vegas??

Boxing isnt just big in the US. It's HUGE in Germany and has been for a long time, Along with the U.K and Mexico. MMA is getting bigger globally but outside America and Japan it's still not a big deal quite like boxing.

MMA will continue to grow but I dont see it ever taking over boxing. There is just more demand for our sport, Alot of people look at MMA as kind of glorified street fighting. Boxing is an art, There has never been guys in MMA as big as Muhammad Ali or Floyd Mayweather. Because nobody has mastered MMA, Which leaves you to question how skilled those guys really are.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Boxing isnt just big in the US. It's HUGE in Germany and has been for a long time, Along with the U.K and Mexico. MMA is getting bigger globally but outside America and Japan it's still not a big deal quite like boxing.

MMA will continue to grow but I dont see it ever taking over boxing. There is just more demand for our sport, Alot of people look at MMA as kind of glorified street fighting. Boxing is an art, There has never been guys in MMA as big as Muhammad Ali or Floyd Mayweather. Because nobody has mastered MMA, Which leaves you to question how skilled those guys really are.
      Yea but young kids right now don't see boxing as an art. If you get into a convo with them. They will say "pfffft them boxing gloves are huge. That won't hurt anyone". or "Boxing is boring because there is not a lot of blood involved". Some stupid comments like that!!

And trush me. MMA here in Australia is a HUGGGE THING RIGHT NOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by why-o-why View Post
        Yes for the moment boxing does bigger PPV numbers. But the problem with boxing is that it seems to have stagnated in it's global growth.

I'm from Australia and trust me. EVERY YOUNG KID is taking up MMA or talking about MMA.

It has been marketed very very well and hence is drawing the younger generation towards it. It's the 'hip' thing to do right now.

People in America or other older boxing nations probably don't see the spread of MMA as boxing has a strong foundation in them countries. But if you look at countries without a boxing history. 100% guaranteed MMA is ruling supreme in them countries. Boxing is almost dead here in Australia.

You won't find a person let's say under the age of 20 even talk about boxing or know who the fk majority of these boxers are. Hell there ain't even that many boxing gyms here in Sydney. But if you goto a regular gym and walk into the kickboxing rooms. EVERYONE is practicing MMA. Rarely will you find kids boxing.

I think give maby 10 more years. MMA is gona have a big big big stronghold in countries without a boxing history.

The way UFC markets MMA is brilliant. They ACTUALLY take the show to different countries. We just had some UFC here this year and it sold out in like 30mins. That's like as quick as a U2 concert selling out.

I mean seriously. When was the last time a big fight was held OUTSIDE USA??? I don't know how they can expect the sport to grow if all they wana do is hold every fight in Vegas??

Comment

Cant speak for everywhere but in the UK, MMA is not popular, compared to boxing anyway.

Yeah tickets sell quickly but so does WWE. Its fans go mad for the opportunity.

Its marketed wrong here. Cage rage sounds yobbish and we dont take anthing seriously that has ultimate in its title.

If they presented it in a more classy way, they might make some more casual fans.
          Last edited by Redemption; 07-08-2010, 07:21 AM. Reason: Because i can, Cunts.

Comment

MMA/UFC will continue to grow..surpassing boxing is another thing.
            Boxing has olympics, tradition & history. Enough for it to beat mma & survive for the next 100 years.

But as long as there are corrupt boxing orgs (wba, wbc), selfish promoters (GBP, TR) & incompetent judges (favoring the "protected fighter" resume). Then we'll surely to witness mma inching closer over boxing.

both sport are fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by why-o-why View Post

Boxing has been global for well over a century. No comparison needed. Why not just say MMA is growing. It's foolish to compare it to a sport that has Champions that date back to the mid-1800's, and just celebrated the 100th anniversary of it's 1st Black HW champ victory over JJ(He won the belt in Australia BTW about 102 years ago).

Comment

You must be crazy, Boxing is more global than its ever been, British Boxing is about to enjoy its best period ever imo, particularly as we have so many Olympians and prospects coming through at the moment, American see the dominance and so are taking interest again.

MMA will never take over Boxing, never!

Holding is the most boring part about Boxing, well that is equal to the ground game in MMA, that is why MMA will never! be above Boxing, watching back and fourth action is much more enjoyable.

Sporadic breaks in the flow of the game, whether they be commercials or holding, wrestling, does not hold your attention.

Comment

Sad but true.

MMA events are very well supported and are fan based.

Boxing events just has a single good fight on the schedule and are tatally money based.

MMA fighter are seeking glory. Boxers are seeking money.

MMA philosophy is now outclassing boxing's.

Comment

I live in Sydney and I know more boxing fans than UFC fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X