Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greater Official Fighter of the Decade Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
    Hopkins x1, Toney x1 as well

So you would rate Roy's resume over Hopkins?
    I would rate it over Hopkins, yes. I count Roys wins, but where he has Toneyx1 and Hopkinsx1 Manny has Barrerax2 and JMMx2. When I rate a fighters resume its not only who they beat, but who all they faced. I think Roy has a very good resume, but Manny *****s it for the fact that Roy was never really supposed to lose while Manny destroyed a couple of fighters he wasnt supposed to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      in boxing, the decade is 0-9.
      aren't you the imbecile that said that 2000-2010 = a decade?

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
        I chose Roy....and unless the lil' dude beats the Gorilla Dog I'll ALWAYS rate Roy over him.....no disrespect but Roy Jones NEVER lost to a NOBODY on his way up or during his days on top....Tarver beat EVERY man he EVER faced until he got schooled by B.Hop.....and Glen Johson is a fighter of the year award winner and a WELL respected warrior.....the dudes who stopped the lil' congressman is no where on the boxing map atm....Roy stepped up to **** for the HW title and went in without some stipulated weight mess.....taking NOTHING away from the CURRENT King but the FORMER King gets my vote
        you mean the ones who beat him before 2000? they weren't counted, that's' why he got fighter of the 2000-2010 decade

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
          you mean the ones who beat him before 2000? they weren't counted, that's' why he got fighter of the 2000-2010 decade
          come on now......lets not get sidetracked on this debate.

Comment

Hopkins is better than any win on Pac's resume,
            Toney is equal to JMM, Berrera, Morales

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              This question - and their all-time ranking head to head - is too close to call at this moment.

WTF are you talking about.....look at your ugly red bar....you clearly don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Hopkins and/or James Toney are better than any win on Manny's resume period.....so i prob choose Roy given he was so dominant in that particular decade. Look at what Hopkins and Toney accomplished after their losses to RJJ....Hopkins dominated for 10 years and Toney (like RJJ) became the third man from 160 to win a HW strap. The only way to describe the run Toney was on before the loss to jones is a rampage, he was kicking ass and taking names.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Hopkins and/or James Toney are better than any win on Manny's resume period.....so i prob choose Roy given he was so dominant in that particular decade. Look at what Hopkins and Toney accomplished after their losses to RJJ....Hopkins dominated for 10 years and Toney (like RJJ) became the third man from 160 to win a HW strap. The only way to describe the run Toney was on before the loss to jones is a rampage, he was kicking ass and taking names.
                  Great post. Another point to add is people always complain that Roy Jones fought a green hopkins. What people fail to remember is Roy Jones was also very green at that stage in his career. It was only his first shot at the world title and he was no where near his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
                    because roy fought fighters of the same caliber as duran.

no.

Yes but the principle is the same. Their legacies are on different levels, but neither should be thought of as tarnished because of losses.
                    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-05-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                      A decade is 10 years son.

1990 - 1999
                      2000 - 2009
                      God you are sitting pretty with your world cup bet...

I might off myself if the Dutch win it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X