Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Floyd was a ***** for not fightin Shane, then Shane was too old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is quick to forget that before the fight the questions of inactivity (1.5 years) and overtraining (canceled Berto, Jan bout) kept coming up also for Mosley. With Mosley burning out in 2, those questions may have been answered.

Comment

im not arsed who says what, that was a quality win for mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla Dogs View Post
        Its funny how everyone thought Floyd was a ***** for not fightin Shane and that he is scared of his power that he wont fight him but when Mayweather outboxes him all of a sudden ppl say "ZOMG HE IS TOO OLD!!! EVERYONE KNEW THAT!!!"

Before the Marquez fight, Bert Sugar said Marquez will beat Floyd

After the fight Bert Sugar said "FLOYD KNOWS HOW TO PICK HIS OPPONENTS!~"

Before the Shane fight Bert Sugar said too Mosley is too much for Floyd

After the fight Bert Sugar said Shane is too old, Floyd knows how to pick his opponents

A 38 and a half year old Shane Mosley is not old at all. That mother****ker is still in his prime!

And Bert Sugar must have been the only one who thought that a guy who normally fights two weight classes below welter would beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by clmags12 View Post
          Everyone is quick to forget that before the fight the questions of inactivity (1.5 years) and overtraining (canceled Berto, Jan bout) kept coming up also for Mosley. With Mosley burning out in 2, those questions may have been answered.
          People forget that in the course of 2 years,that Shane had fought 45 rounds and Floyd fought a mere 12 rounds.

Of course when Floyd takes a return match-up against Marquez when he got out of a 2 year lay-off,people were still chanting how tough Marquez was to have for a 1st fight in 2 years away from the ring...then when he beat JMM with ease,they cited weight,age,etc.....isn't he entitled to a relatively easy fight after such a lay-off??? Most fighters do this,and yet receive no criticism.

I think with Shane,he was exposed as a puncher trying to fight a boxer...he knew the consequence of a counter if he threw a punch.He never said he was too old, overtrained, etc-yet cited Floyd was able to adjust and praised Floyd's abilities.Brother Nazeem is a brilliant trainer who was convinced that Mosely stood a legitimate chance- also was convinced that Shane was well prepared and in-shape and well conditioned.He probably has better insight than the ones who slag off Floyd's conquest.
          Last edited by damned1974; 07-03-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
            Video links to Bert Sugar or it didn't happen.

Comment

Mosely is old but that didnt stop him from beating the **** out of Margarito, a fighter who everyone said would smash Mayweather! Roach was also afraid to have Pac face a old and dangerous Mosely. I bet if Pac had managed to get a victory against Mosely no one would mention Mosely's age or supposed overtraining.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                The day before the Shane fight,people said if Floyd fought Shane toe to toe,he would lose...I don't think ANYONE believed he would beat Shane so convincingly and in the manner he did it-up close to Shane.When he got stunned in the 2nd round,he could have been on his "bicycle" afterwards,yet he showed great heart and chose to fight Shane,with less movement-the way these "experts" said he would lose.

This was the same opponent that Freddie Roach said was too good for Manny.The same Shane that they purposely evaded 2 times citing excuses for his weight (even though he fought Oscar at 147 and Shane said he would drop down to 140) and superior abilities.

I still remember before the fight,people were saying how this would be Floyd's biggest threat and test,yet when he passed this "test" with flying colours-he is still not given credit...

Can you imagine the further outrage if Floyd turned down a fight because his opponent was "too tall" (eg.Manny refusing Yuri Foreman), weighed too much or was too good (Manny against Shane),etc?

Floyd is held to a different and higher standard than Manny, partially because a lot of idiots are still lured in to Manny playing victim with his excuses (eg. I'm too small, it's an unfair advantage) and creating his own catchweight divisions.

Larry Merchant is a genius sometimes....but lately iv'e been wishing he would get hit by a bus.

During the 1st rd of Mosley fight:

" Mayweather gives the appearance of wanting to fight toe to toe....but ofcourse he is very good defensively at close quarters also....." - Larry Merchant.

Now seriously WTF is that?? Even when Floyd wants to go toe to toe...it's still not good enough for Larry who implies that somehow he isn't really figthing toe to toe because his defense is still good in close. I mean seriosuly....it's comments like this that aggravate me This comment implies it's literally impossible for Floyd to fight to to toe in the eyes of that senile old ****!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=firstborn;8749180]Mosely is old but that didnt stop him from beating the **** out of Margarito, a fighter who everyone said would smash Mayweather! Roach was also afraid to have Pac face a old and dangerous Mosely. I bet if Pac had managed to get a victory against Mosely no one would mention Mosely's age or supposed overtraining.[/QUOTE]

never....it would never be mentioned at all....not pre-fight during or after. Again it's because everyone really knows Floyd is the best.....the standards he is held to are much higher.

Comment

Are U Mangler?!Me personally,I give Floyd all the credit in the world for dominating Mosley,he showed big heart after being rocked heavily by the Mosley power,that was Floyd's best win to me!!

Comment

It starts with the mainstream media than the general fans. The media can make anything look good and bad. The media can brainwashed people into believing certain things.

Comment

Working...
                      X