No announcement yet.

Any word on Juan Urango?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on Juan Urango?

We haven't heard from him since the Alexander KO, but he's still my boy and I'm sticking by him. I can't wait to see him back in action, but when might that be? Who promotes him...?

I'd like to see him against Ortiz, Prescott or Holt, which could hopefully lead to bigger fights again - i.e. Maidana, Khan, anyone like that.

The dude has been M.I.A since the KO, I wouldn't mind seeing him and Maidana scrap on an HBO B.A.D telecast.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
      I wouldn't mind seeing him and Maidana scrap on an HBO B.A.D telecast.
      In addition to being a great scrap, it'd keep Maidana busy until he gets that Khan or Bradley shot.

Comment

I'm not sure who promotes him, I guess he's taking more time off to decide what he wants to do. The 140 division is pretty stacked, Maybe he will move up and try and have some success at 147. I think he will be back in the ring in the next few months and we'll see what he wants to do. I dont see much for him at 140, Maybe Maidana would fight him but Maidana wants to fight guys like Khan, Bradley and Alexander for bigger money and titles. I'm not sure where Urango stands in the 140 division right now, I think he should proberbly move up.

Comment

He may be back in august against julio diaz on espn 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            In addition to being a great scrap, it'd keep Maidana busy until he gets that Khan or Bradley shot.
            Agreed, I think his managerial problems are over now so the "stay busy" route is his best option to leading to bigger fights.

Comment

even though i had to go against him when he fought my homie devon, i still want to see him have a good career. he showed good heart getting up from the knock down and i think with the right trainer he can develop some skills and stop relying on his strength alone, then he would be a deadly fighter. he showed good sportsmanship after the fight at the press conference. the dude is really a cool guy in person and i will pray that he bounce back and have good career. i think he should move up to welter weight, but not yet. imo the best comeback fight for him is maidana. if he can beat maidana, that would put him back up there then he should move up.

Comment

I'd like to see him fight Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  He may be back in august against julio diaz on espn 2.
                  Sounds good. He had success last year on his pair of ESPN dates, so hopefully he can pick up a win and get straight back into the 140 mix. I don't know what he did in '07 and '08 after the Hatton loss, but the fact that he got the IBF belt within less than 2 years is a positive thing IMO.

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
                  I'd like to see him fight Judah.
                  That, too, especially since Judah doesn't look likely to get that Alexander fight anytime soon. I think he could easily outlast him and rely on the whole 'heart' thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X