Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would have happened in a Lewis-Klitschko rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would have happened in a Lewis-Klitschko rematch?

If this has already been done I havent seen it. Its been a long time since they fought, but when Lewis retired it opened the door for dominance of the heavyweight division by Vitaly and Wlad. The way I remember it is that Vitaly was losing on points but beating Lewis' ass at the same time. It looked like if the fight had continued instead of being stopped for a cut that required eighty stitches Lewis was going to get knocked out. Having said that, Lewis had a history of taking challengers lightly, getting knocked out, and returning the favor in the respective rematches, ask Oliver Mcall and Haseem Rachman. As I stated, I believe that despite being ahead on points at the time of the stoppage, Lewis was on his way to losing against Vitaly, but I believe had there been a rematch he would have prepared much better and not taken Vitaly lightly. Dont know if he could have knocked Vitaly out, he seems to have an iron jaw, but it was a fight I wanted to see. What are thougts on how a rematch would have played out!

I'd have passed out around round 4 and slept like a baby all night long.

Comment

Lewis would have been KTFO. The fans knew it. Vitali knew it and Lewis knew it.

Comment

I remember the fight well and feeling I had at the time was that Lewis would lose a rematch. He seemed to see it that way also and IMO that is why he retired.

Comment

Any sane and unbiased person saw that Lewis had weathered the storm and was beginning to dominate the fight before the stoppage. He was busting Vit Klit up bad.

In a rematch, Lewis would have dominated from the opening bell and stop Vit Klit on cuts.

Comment

I scored it a shutout for Vitali upon multiple viewings, Lewis was older and likely didn't have the fire anymore. In their primes and on their best days I figure these two are basically even in most categories besides Vitali's chin being superior. In head to head matchups they are probably both in the top 3 all time.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Lewis would have been KTFO. The fans knew it. Vitali knew it and Lewis knew it.
              Quoted for the truth.

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
              Any sane and unbiased person saw that Lewis had weathered the storm and was beginning to dominate the fight before the stoppage. He was busting Vit Klit up bad.

In a rematch, Lewis would have dominated from the opening bell and stop Vit Klit on cuts.
              You're a moron.

Originally posted by John Hue View Post
              I remember the fight well and feeling I had at the time was that Lewis would lose a rematch. He seemed to see it that way also and IMO that is why he retired.
              Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
              I scored it a shutout for Vitali upon multiple viewings, Lewis was older and likely didn't have the fire anymore. In their primes and on their best days I figure these two are basically even in most categories besides Vitali's chin being superior. In head to head matchups they are probably both in the top 3 all time.
              Good posts.
              Last edited by Steelhammer2011; 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Would Vitali be given more than 12 days to prepare for a World Heavyweight CHampionship fight? If so Vitali ends Lewis's career and life in a rematch. I like Lennox, but there is no doubt that at worst that fight could have gone either way minus the cut, and at best Vitali was beating him. There is no doubt also that Vit was on his way up and Lewis was on his way down. Next fight you would have seen a better Vit, with time to prep, going against an even worse Lewis. Lennox knew this, he thought Vit was a *****, most people did after the Byrd debacle. But then he got in the ring with the machine and realized that Vitali isnt human. Did you see the fear in Lewis's eye when Vitali approached him when the fight was called? Lewis was terrified.

People always show Lewis's uppercut to promote Lewis, I think the fact Vitali stayed on his feet for that shot just shows that he isnt human. Look at the little tap that hit Liston and sent him down for the count by Ali, look at the shot 185 lbs Cooper knocked Ali into next century with, look at the shots Douglas hit to knock out Tyson etc...Vit didnt even go down. By far the best chin I have ever seen.

Lewis showed a lot of heart and proved his chin was strong (perhaps the extra weight helped). I think its the best win of his career. Its a shame the fans, Vitali and the sport were deprived of a rematch. If there was one things would be percieved a lot differently today.

Comment

A rematch, IMO would have been better than the first and one and would have been pure fireworks…FOTY kinda stuff

First, with that close call and the struggle that he faced in that fight, Lewis would have come in much much much better shape…he looked ‘porkly’ going into that fight…

Second, with the success he had in applying pressure, Vitaly surely would have had more hunger AND confidence going into that return bout

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
                    bwahahahahahaha

In all serious though folks, Lewis, depending on how long it took to make the fight probably would have lost in the second fight. He won the first legitimately and I do believe that Lewis was winning handily (though not rounds won) despite the clown that I am quoting's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X