Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: What should constitute a fighter deserving more of the money split?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    *ignoring the typical spam BS*

it's combo of things to be honest but the biggest aspect quite simply is being a draw not only at the gate but in PPV sales and revenue generated.

whether we like it or not boxing is a business and this business likes to generate as much coin as possible whether it PPV sales or site fees or gate.

I do take into account other aspects like status in the boxing community (ie P4P, being the best of your division, long standing champ etc), crowd pleasing style even race/nationality but overall when it comes to who gets what it should always be who earns more that should drive it
    Agreed.

Also, the splits should consider revenues worldwide, which is another way to split. Like with Hatton, we know who was selling the PPV's in the UK for his big fights, so that is either considered in splitting the entire PPV pie or the international/UK ppv numbers.

Forget belts, that's just stupid. most of those belts are just trinkets anyways. Belts are status symbols that have nothing to do with the revenue you generate....FOR PPV's.

It's different if we're talking about live gate or an ESPN 2 card.

Comment

IMHO If your the biggest draw/name in boxing and you're fighting a nobody, then you should get the much larger cut, but if it's a fight between the no. 1 and 2 draws in the sport, and the difference isn't that much then it should be a 50/50 or 60/40 split, whichever is agreed upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Big Dunn trying to be all racist and still.

I agree with what you said. PPV's are all about the cheese.
        My man Walt lIquor. Good to see you back. Its a money thing never a race thing. Unfortunately in the USA, you can make big money by marketing black vs white and thats just what rappaprot and don king did.

Comment

Allegiance to RJjr should be the only factor taken into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            My man Walt lIquor. Good to see you back. Its a money thing never a race thing. Unfortunately in the USA, you can make big money by marketing black vs white and thats just what rappaprot and don king did.
            twas just a call out to holla at you big dunn. i'm going to NSB it for awhile, but I'm always around. usually in the lounge.

Comment

PPV hist. + promotional ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
                PPV hist. + promotional ability.
                yep............................................... ..............

Comment

how can p4p staus and being a championmatter???hopkins was p4p#1 and the linear champ when he fought oscar
                  floyd and manny were p4p#1 when they fought oscar

its obvious drawing power is all that matters..whoever is bringing the money gets the bigger cut

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
                    how can p4p staus and being a championmatter???hopkins was p4p#1 and the linear champ when he fought oscar
                    floyd and manny were p4p#1 when they fought oscar

its obvious drawing power is all that matters..whoever is bringing the money gets the bigger cut
                    It does in fact seem to be that way... And I agree, it should.

If you are the reason more people are tuning in, then you should receive that reward for what you bring to the table financially.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      Allegiance to RJjr should be the only factor taken into account.

Comment

Working...
                      X