No announcement yet.

Fighter of the decade means nothing, here's why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forza View Post
    Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.
    lol, well it obviously means something to you if you made this thread about it, quit crying, pac got it, floyd didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
      Who decided pac was fighter of the decade? A bunch of fat old white men who never put on a pair of boxing gloves in their lives? Face it, the award means very little. Floyd still outsells pac and has a more impressive resume.

At the end of the day they could've gave the FOTD to paulie malignaggi, but the fact remains that doesn't mean he can beat anybody. The award can't fight for you.

The debate for pac vs floyd is getting old now. Facts are facts, floyd is unbeaten and has a better record than pac. Pac has been knocked out twice, floyd didn't get knocked down from shane mosley.

Let the pacfarts come in here and cry, but the truth is very obvious to people that have been following boxing for longer than 4 months ( average pacfart ).

Just like how I knew lewis would K.O the overrated tyson, I know floyd would easily beat pac.
      Fighter of the decade means just that. Pacs record is better than PBFs. But that dont mean Pac would beat PBF. PBF could prove to be Pacs nemesis or kryponite. But people would still be more impressed with how Pac has pulverized top notch opponents for the last 8 years literally.
      So what if he lost to a ATG in morales. That was then, this is now. That loss is no worse than a fight PBF should have, but didnt lose to Castillo.

Comment

Hugh Grant needs to find some more hooker and stop crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          First off I implore people to remember that Floyd is still the most hated of all boxers, perhaps due to his astronomical success, or his ****iness, or self serving style.. Whatever the reason, the hate is there.

The FOTD award is nice and all, but I do see a point to it being over lauded.. Its basically a hype implement. Its a way for boxing to perpetuate its own myth.

Having said that, Floyd is the foil.. Aint no way he's gonna win a popularity contest. That's like the most hated kid at a school being voted class president.. Smart Floyd fans realize this and have moved on.
          if it was a popularity contest then dela hoya got this award hands down. delahoya is more popular than pac and floyd combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
            great argument asshat..

so, you do think marciano is greater than ali cause he's undefeated? how about robinson, he got a bunch of loses so he's definitely overrated.

chave jr. atg.

lmfao.
            I am at liberty to think that people are not this ******, yet some just write it down just cause lol...!

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              I don't understand why people keep acting like FOTD is a popularity contest? It boggles my mind that people think that.

FOTD was really a 3 man race Pac, Floyd, and Hopkins and IMO in that order.

I don't understand why the decade that Manny won is the only decade that FOTD means absolutely nothing. Nobody was saying that in 90's or the 80's or the 70's or the 60's or the 50's but in 2000-2009 it means nothing? Whatever...

Did Floyd deserve it? Sure you can make a case he was the runner up IMO. But, Pac deserved it also and earned it too. To say he didn't or only won cuz Floyd is hated or cuz is a "popularity contest" which is absurd/ I will call bull****.
              *******s truly think that Floyd's fans are hating on Pac. It's not like Floyd's fans speak logic when they say their man never drew, never lost, and has fought tough comp. Another poster said it best. Floyd won't win any popularity/styles contests...but he'd rather be undefeated than fotd...and I believe that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Fighter of the decade means just that. Pacs record is better than PBFs. But that dont mean Pac would beat PBF. PBF could prove to be Pacs nemesis or kryponite. But people would still be more impressed with how Pac has pulverized top notch opponents for the last 8 years literally.
                So what if he lost to a ATG in morales. That was then, this is now. That loss is no worse than a fight PBF should have, but didnt lose to Castillo.
                Floyd clearly lost his close fight to Castillo, but Pac clearly beat JMM in the rematch lol... It sucks when a so-called boxing fan just can't be objective lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Squirt View Post

then why dont a bunch of fat old black guys make their own award and award it to floyd as a fighter of the decade. then they can also add some *****s up in here who never wore a pair of gloves nor stepped up to someone outside the internet world as a source of why floyd shoulda been fotd. if i would go down ur level!

facts are facts pacquiao put on a show way more better in a decade than what floyd got his whole career.

*****s just kill urselves really. by the way why would *******s come in here and cry when ur the one whining about it from the moment u put on this ****ty thread.
                  How did the voting officially go? I heard it was it was a landslide win for Pac lol...

Comment

*******s can say at least Pac beat Floyd at something...and fists weren't even involved lol... The pen is mightier than the sword lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                      I am at liberty to think that people are not this ******, yet some just write it down just cause lol...!
                      Your argument why floyd is better than manny is because he's undefeated and manny is not. So you think marciano is greater than ali?

Comment

Working...
                      X