Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Thomas Hearns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns would be absolute hell for all of the top welters today. Manny is way too small

Comment

Hearns. KO1. Cardiac Arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
        Pacquiao is really going to **** with this?

All these highlight reels were at welterweight? LOL sure.

I swear, so much people on here must have not gone past high school.

Let's break this down:

Hearns was 6'1'', so is Paul Williams.
        Hearns was a welterweight, so was Paul Williams.
        Paul Williams at 160 can't even punch as hard as Miguel Cotto at 147. But Hearns at 147 (who is 6'1'') punches harder any guy Pac has ever fought? Are you guys ******ed? Where does Hearns get all this punching power? Punching power comes from strength, angle, and timing.

Does his punches come from angles his opponent can't see like Pac? No he was a standard boxer.

Does he have good timing? Sure, I'll give him that. There's a reason he has all those wins.

Does he have strength? Decent, but he can't have much more than Paul Williams (at least at Welterweight). It's physically impossible. Where does Hearns pack more muscle in that 6'1'' frame, WHILE still make 147? He can't. His punches can't be as fast or as hard as Pac's at 147. Pac would obviously get killed by tall guys at higher weight classes, but no way a tall, skinny, chinny, WW like Hearns can KO Pac. It's much more likely that guys like Cotto and Clottey punches harder than a WW Hearns.

Verdict: Pac UD/TKO
        Last edited by qwerty07; 07-10-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Hearns is all wrong for Manny, a real mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty07 View Post

Let's break this down:

Paul Williams at 160 can't even punch as hard as Miguel Cotto at 147. But Hearns at 147 (who is 6'1'') punches harder any guy Pac has ever fought? Are you guys ******ed? Where does Hearns get all this punching power? Punching power comes from strength, angle, and timing.

Does his punches come from angles his opponent can't see like Pac? No he was a standard boxer.

Does he have good timing? Sure, I'll give him that. There's a reason he has all those wins.

Does he have strength? Decent, but he can't have much more than Paul Williams (at least at Welterweight). It's physically impossible. Where does Hearns pack more muscle in that 6'1'' frame, WHILE still make 147? He can't. His punches can't be as fast or as hard as Pac's at 147. Pac would obviously get killed by tall guys at higher weight classes, but no way a tall, skinny, chinny, WW like Hearns can KO Pac. It's much more likely that guys like Cotto and Clottey punches harder than a WW Hearns.

You my friend are an idiot.

Comment

Let's break this down:

Are you saying Hearns didn't have true 1 punch KO power at 147 WTF?

And, Hearns was chinny at 147? What evidence to you have? The Ray Leonard fight? Who else KO'd Hearns at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                Short, sweet, and to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                  And you need to go to finish high school. Get off that crack first though.

Comment

the difference in size and power are too drastic. hearns by ko. if hearns hits any of today's welters with that right hand, its lights out. mayweather survived mosely's he wouldnt survive hearns'. i said it b4 n ill say it again, manny would never have moved up to welter if he was fightin as the same time as hearns and the others. the ww division was literally murderers row.

Comment

And you need to go to finish high school. Get off that crack first though.
                      If anybody is the crackhead here... Is you...

With your dumbass post.

Comment

Working...
                      X