Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Sr: “Pacquiao didn’t want to fight Shane Mosley and my son ****ing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    "They’re talking about making that legal, that Olympic testing—and they should make it legal to stop all of this BS and this nonsense man, because boxing is going way, way in the opposite direction.”

This was the most poignant thing he said. The PED use in boxing has gotten very, very bad. I understand most posters don't care (and neither do the commissions) but the amount of corruption and covering-up is just killing the sport.
    Olympic style testing is all year round testing 24/7/365! Floyd invented OST is useless. Just 2 months? WTF he gonna do on his 10 months cut off date?

Comment

Good job MMuhammad...

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
        but, here's my point----if you look at the situations---it's a double standard---manny became p4p number once floyd retired right? okay----that's awesome for manny---i was proud of it, and believed he was nuumber 1 while floyd was gone, and joe cal leaving helped manny also---but manny fighting guys floyd already beat and getting all of the credit in the world for it, while floyd gets bashed for them is ****ed up and you know it----then manny fights a guy at 145 for the guy's 147 title, and he whitewashes him, and all of a sudden, manny is the icon of boxing----while floyd's win over mosley is getting bashed, because of mosley's inactivity and age, and people act as if floyd wasn't retired almost 2 years, comes back and fights the number 2 p4p guy, albeit, smaller guy, but jmm had the chance to do what manny did with oscar, beat a bigger guy----he just wasn't good enough to do it----and floyd gets bashed for it-----think about this----what if floyd fought oscar again? would manny be where he is right now? i don't think so, he'd be big, no doubt, but not nearly as big as he is now-----so when floyd beats manny, i don't read or here any excuses from people about manny being blood drained----coz cotto was weight drained and so was oscar---but i don't take those wins from manny---he performed magically in those fights-----

There's no such thing as a 147lb belt. Its called a WW belt, and that's anywhere between 141 - 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Good job MMuhammad...
          thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            There's no such thing as a 147lb belt. Its called a WW belt, and that's anywhere between 141 - 147.
            Thank you....don't know what's the big deal with catchweights, it is within the weight level. It is simply a "contract" inorder to cover or compensate the lack of size and weight to make it "fairer" but nevertheless WITHIN the weight level.

Pacquiao has to consume so much food/calories and most of the time forced-fed by Ariza inorder to maintain or gain weight. THAT IS NOT NATURAL. His metabolism, his workout ordeals AND his natural weight/height is simply being pushed to the limits.

And it isn't as if Pacquiao's opponents (such as COTTO) was forced to be on that specific weight....HE AGREED TO IT.

Now even if an opponent doesn't agree to it doesn't mean he is "ducking" the other, it simply meant that he isn't comfortable fighting on such a weight level.

Likewise Floyd's demands on drug testing is also a "contract" - if agreed to then they'll fight but relatively....and I will repeat, RELATIVELY, this "contract" or demand is outside the rules of the NSAC.

Doesn't mean it is illegal but not the norm. The timing of it is su****ious though it is for for a good cause of "cleaning up boxing" - but nevertheless highly impractical every fight if instituted as a norm in boxing.

I have read somewhere that drug testing on hair (or even nails) aside from urine sampling is more effective than blood testing. For drugs or chemicals or hormones WILL remain on hair for months whereas bloods will be replenished even within 24 hours at least.

Simply put, both sides have to come together to have an agreement to fight.

A lot of emotions were put on this fight to happen but in my humble opinion it is the NSAC who should intervene and not leave it to the hands of the competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
              Olympic style testing is all year round testing 24/7/365! Floyd invented OST is useless. Just 2 months? WTF he gonna do on his 10 months cut off date?
              Exactly! Like Tygart stated "im more concerned with what if anything he's been taking the months before the fight, rather than what he took 2 weeks prior to the fight"

Comment

Pac negotiated the fight to be at 145 with cotto or no fight-period. This talk of ww's having the window of weighing in from 141-147 is a complete joke and a travesty to any sane boxing fan since ww's weigh in closer to 147 than 141 lol... This is how far the ******* lunacy goes...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Pac negotiated the fight to be at 145 with cotto or no fight-period. This talk of ww's having the window of weighing in from 141-147 is a complete joke and a travesty to any sane boxing fan since ww's weigh in closer to 147 than 141 lol... This is how far the ******* lunacy goes...lol.
                  Considering Cotto is more a natural MW, while Pac is more a natural LW, 145 was a fair meeting point for both fighters.

On another note, Most fighters starve and dehydrate themselves in order to qualify for a lighter weight class, then gain massive amounts of weight come fight time so that they can have an advantage. This is why most fighters come it at the weight class limit.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
                    Thank you....don't know what's the big deal with catchweights, it is within the weight level. It is simply a "contract" inorder to cover or compensate the lack of size and weight to make it "fairer" but nevertheless WITHIN the weight level.

Pacquiao has to consume so much food/calories and most of the time forced-fed by Ariza inorder to maintain or gain weight. THAT IS NOT NATURAL. His metabolism, his workout ordeals AND his natural weight/height is simply being pushed to the limits.

And it isn't as if Pacquiao's opponents (such as COTTO) was forced to be on that specific weight....HE AGREED TO IT.

Now even if an opponent doesn't agree to it doesn't mean he is "ducking" the other, it simply meant that he isn't comfortable fighting on such a weight level.

Likewise Floyd's demands on drug testing is also a "contract" - if agreed to then they'll fight but relatively....and I will repeat, RELATIVELY, this "contract" or demand is outside the rules of the NSAC.

Doesn't mean it is illegal but not the norm. The timing of it is su****ious though it is for for a good cause of "cleaning up boxing" - but nevertheless highly impractical every fight if instituted as a norm in boxing.

I have read somewhere that drug testing on hair (or even nails) aside from urine sampling is more effective than blood testing. For drugs or chemicals or hormones WILL remain on hair for months whereas bloods will be replenished even within 24 hours at least.

Simply put, both sides have to come together to have an agreement to fight.

A lot of emotions were put on this fight to happen but in my humble opinion it is the NSAC who should intervene and not leave it to the hands of the competitors.
                    You don't challenge a man, and threaten him to come in at a contracted weight or no fight, and think that fans will believe that PAc is a legit ww champion first off even if they agreed to weighing in at 145 lbs. Floyd didn't ask Baldomir to come in less than 147 knowing that Baldomir's weight gain after weigh ins have become stuff of legend lol...

There is nothing su****ious about Floyd asking for additional testing except to *******s. Floyd saw the future and saw that he had potential fights with a man who came from 112-147 an has done well, or fight a shane who used Balco products. Seeing things from Floyd's point of view shows the reality of the situation...

Comment

Considering Cotto is more a natural MW, while Pac is more a natural LW, 145 was a fair meeting point for both fighters.
                      You can't be serious lol... How far will you *******s go to play out boxing fans lol...

Comment

Working...
                      X