Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiaos plan simply BACKFIRED (GOOD READ)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate purse splits stopping fights, in my dream world every fight would be 50/50 no matter who the opponent is. That would force fighters to take on the best fights that the public want to see if the want a big pay day, instead of taking on a lesser opponent for 90% of the purse.

Comment

I just don't understand these stupid posts. Lemme get this straight, whether this fight would happen or not Pacquiao would just say, "So what?" Do you really think he would blame himself? He knows damn well that the whole world is siding with him. Floyd will certainly bear the brunt of the blame if this fight doesn't happen.

I repeat if you think Pac would blame himself for this fight not happening, you must be the most stupid people in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Mandingo View Post
        Okay, TS will be logging off for a few hours now He'll be back once this thread is no longer in the first ten pages of the forum
        in every thread i find you insulting people when you dont agree with a positive statement about floyd .
        chill out boy.instead of name calling and trying to be an internet thug,actually try discuss issues like a grown folk..

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawkiller View Post
          Im a Floyd fan, a massive one, but I think a 60-40 split is not reasonable.

I think it has been floated about to see would Arum/Manny budge on the revenue split if the testing cannot be agreed.

My two solutions are based on the fact that Floyd does generate more money via PPV buys, but the edge Floyd has over Manny in this deparment is not as big as some people make out (ie so called *****S):

(1) 50-50 with full random testing (both sides giving ie Floyd gives a bit of money, Manny agrees to the testing)(if Floyd demands full testing, he must also give)(If manny wants 50% even though Floyd generates more $$$ then he must budge)

(2) 55-45 for Floyd (with the full random testing scrapped.)
          This sounds very fair to me and if the fight does finally get signed, it will probably be either of the two stipulations.

Comment

Im a Floyd fan, a massive one, but I think a 60-40 split is not reasonable.

I think it has been floated about to see would Arum/Manny budge on the revenue split if the testing cannot be agreed.

My two solutions are based on the fact that Floyd does generate more money via PPV buys, but the edge Floyd has over Manny in this deparment is not as big as some people make out (ie so called *****S):

(1) 50-50 with full random testing (both sides giving ie Floyd gives a bit of money, Manny agrees to the testing)(if Floyd demands full testing, he must also give)(If manny wants 50% even though Floyd generates more $$$ then he must budge)

(2) 55-45 for Floyd (with the full random testing scrapped.)
            sorry homie but ur about as dum as a bucket of chum. your whining over 5%..........do the math. 5% is only like 5 million give or take at these numbers. 60/40 is total reasonable. now if u had said 70/30 is too high then you might have had a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine83 View Post
              in every thread i find you insulting people when you dont agree with a positive statement about floyd .
              chill out boy.instead of name calling and trying to be an internet thug,actually try discuss issues like a grown folk..
              Don't worry about him... I'm going to expose his dumb ass later....

Comment

On a fight of this magnitude, there is no such thing as a "B-side" fighter...
                One is the current P4P#1 and FOTD while the other is the former unchallenged P4P#1 and unofficial GOAT.

Whoever argues that 500k buys, which separates their last 2 fights combine, should warrant a favored split over the other is simply misinformed.
                PPV # are estimates, that 500k difference can easily shrink if an actual count was conducted.

We are not talking about an avg of 1 million over, something like that would be solid and no questions asked.

50-50 should be the split... P4P all-time #1 is on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
                  sorry homie but ur about as dum as a bucket of chum. your whining over 5%..........do the math. 5% is only like 5 million give or take at these numbers. 60/40 is total reasonable. now if u had said 70/30s too high then you might have had a case.
                  ONLY?!?!?! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
                    sorry homie but ur about as dum as a bucket of chum. your whining over 5%..........do the math. 5% is only like 5 million give or take at these numbers. 60/40 is total reasonable. now if u had said 70/30 is too high then you might have had a case.
                    Sorry Bennett, I never go around insulting people, but since you have started it labelling me a dummy, even though you are clearly the one who cannot do simple maths.

If its 60-40, then Floyd would get 20% bigger share of the estimated €100million purse to be divided between the two fighters. On this basis Floyd would get $60million while Manny would get €40million. Thats a €20million dollar difference not €5million as you quoted.

A 55-45 split on the otherhand, would only be a 10% variance, Floyd getting $55m and Manny €45m.

Not a hope in hell Manny and especially Arum would accept 60-40 and either would I if I were him.

Comment

Sorry Bennett, I never go around insulting people, but since you have started it labelling me a dummy, even though you are clearly the one who cannot do simple maths.

If its 60-40, then Floyd would get 20% bigger share of the estimated €100million purse to be divided between the two fighters. On this basis Floyd would get $60million while Manny would get €40million. Thats a €20million dollar difference not €5million as you quoted.

A 55-45 split on the otherhand, would only be a 10% variance, Floyd getting $55m and Manny €45m.

Not a hope in hell Manny and especially Arum would accept 60-40 and either would I if I were him.
                      reports said floyd would make 50 million at 60/40. when the fight was offered before at 50/50 both parties were said to have gotten 40 million. i think ur numbers are off.

arum would take it in a heartbeat. 28% of 40-50 million is sweet. never mind ticket sales, ppv, merchandising, etc.
                      Last edited by Bennett; 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X