No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo should have moved up in weight long ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Luis Castillo should have moved up in weight long ago

Jose Luis Castillo although was a good boxer, he was physical weak, he should have weight trained and not killed his body like he has done over the years trying to fight at 135. He should have moved up in weight long ago.

I agree, Castillo was one of those guys who looked big for the weight but managed to make it all the time. Simular to Floyd I guess, I think he should have moved up because he could have won more titles and got more big fights if he did. Having said that he did beat some pretty good fighters like Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Julio Diaz, Joel Casamayor and Diego Corrales. And to be honest, Floyd is my all time favorite fighter but I thought Castillo beat him the first time around.

Castillo is a great fighter, I just wish that he took some of his fights more seriously. I heard he looked in excellent shape last night (albeit against a journeyman), And even if he is on the slide. There's no way a guy like Jose Luis Castillo should have lost to Sebastian Lujan and Alfonso Gomez. He would have beat those guys with ease back in 2002-2005.

Comment

Working...
    X