Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Allan Green Ready To Validate His Worth in Super Six Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Allan Green Ready To Validate His Worth in Super Six Debut

By Keith Idec - Allan Green looks and acts the part about as well as any top boxer in the sport.

He has a 29-1 record, including 20 knockouts, possesses power in both hands and is one of boxing’s most convincing, thoughtful trash-talkers. The Tulsa, Okla., native also has noteworthy wins on his respectable record, most recently a 10-round unanimous decision victory over previously unbeaten Tarvis Simms on Oct. 2 in Newkirk, Okla.

Much like his opponent tonight did Nov. 21, though, Green must use his first fight in Showtime’s “Super Six World Boxing Classic” as his proving ground. To validate himself as a legitimate threat in this six-man tournament, Jermain Taylor’s replacement must upset heavily favored, undefeated Andre Ward in the 2004 Olympic gold medalist’s hometown tonight (10 p.m. EDT; Showtime).

No matter what Green has said throughout the promotion of their 12-round fight for Ward’s WBA super middleweight title, Green is far too intelligent to think he has done that already. Six straight wins against Simms (25-1-1, 11 KOs), Carlos DeLeon (21-3-2, 14 KOs), Carl Daniels (50-18-1, 32 KOs), Rubin Williams (29-10-1, 16 KOs), Sherwin Davis (18-7, 12 KOs) and Darrell Woods (26-12, 18 KOs, 1 NC) have clearly enhanced Green’s confidence following his lone loss to Edison Miranda in March 2007. [Click Here To Read More]

Represent T-Town!

Allan is the underdog, but if he keeps his eyes off his feet I think he can pull it off.

Comment

Man... Ward is about to whup that ass

Not that Green is not a good fighter but Ward is both talented and skilled.. A lot like Hopkins in his prime... Man... Ward is about to whup that ass
      Originally posted by paulf View Post
      Represent T-Town!

Allan is the underdog, but if he keeps his eyes off his feet I think he can pull it off.

Comment

Green is talented, but I really like Ward, something special about him

Comment

Originally posted by GlasJaw17 View Post
          Green is talented, but I really like Ward, something special about him
          i think if theres anyone in the tourny to chin check Ward, it would be Green. he's in the position to carry all the confidence he has into this fight knowing his career is back on track. Ward, ofcourse, has all the tools and is the type of fighter who will show us something new in every fight, but what i like about Green is two things. 1) He's and underdog out to prove something, and 2) he's an american fighter.

lets just hope its a good, tough fight.

Comment

I dont see anything special about wards professional career. The kessler fight was damn ugly but if thats how he wins so be it. Green should be able to hang in there as far as technical boxing goes but once headbutts and holding come into play.......

Comment

Working...
            X