Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being unbeaten make you the best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC jr. proves conclusively that the 0 means **** really, there was this HW too named Faroq Salem or something and he was like 38-0 and fought nothing but soft opposition until he got stopped not long ago by some 5 fight rookie.

Fighting and beating the best fighters around makes you the best even if you lose a couple along the way during your development as a fighter.

Comment

your one of these guys arent you?

Comment

Let me explain my point in full so you all know where I stand. Being undefeated does not make you the best, Neither does having more fights make you the best. What makes boxers great is great wins and world championships. When you sit back and look at the best fighters of this era....

Manny Pacquiao
        Miguel Cotto
        Shane Mosley
        Oscar De La Hoya

They all won championships and have had great wins, Likewise Floyd Mayweather. But that's what seperates him, Like the rest of these guys he has fought alot of great fighters. People can debate and say he ducked this guy and that guy, That's fine. There is always things on fighters record where they have someone who they could have fought. You can say Mayweather ducked Cotto just like you could say Mosley ducked Floyd and Oscar ducked Winky Wright and Pacquiao ducked Mayweather or Mosley. That's just going around in circles, They have all had great careers but Mayweather has had a great career undefeated. Pacquiao and these other fighters have had big wins against top fighters but they also failed against "top fighters". Mayweather has beaten every top fighter he has ever fought. The same cannot be said for the other guys on that list. There is no other fighter in this era that is undefeated and has had the sucess that Mayweather has. The rest of these guys have had success but they have also had failure. Floyd has not. This puts Floyd above them in my mind.

Of course people will disagree but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I think Mayweather is the greatest boxer of this generation.

Comment

First part of the interview ha ha ha.......He got his ass handed to him big time.

Comment

No. Your results against your quality of opposition makes you the best, fighting the tough risky fights and testing yourself against the toughest opponent on a consistant basis.

Comment

Yes, it means you're the best in the sport but only if a fighter fought all worthy opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                Let me explain my point in full so you all know where I stand. Being undefeated does not make you the best, Neither does having more fights make you the best. What makes boxers great is great wins and world championships. When you sit back and look at the best fighters of this era....

Manny Pacquiao
                Miguel Cotto
                Shane Mosley
                Oscar De La Hoya

They all won championships and have had great wins, Likewise Floyd Mayweather. But that's what seperates him, Like the rest of these guys he has fought alot of great fighters. People can debate and say he ducked this guy and that guy, That's fine. There is always things on fighters record where they have someone who they could have fought. You can say Mayweather ducked Cotto just like you could say Mosley ducked Floyd and Oscar ducked Winky Wright and Pacquiao ducked Mayweather or Mosley. That's just going around in circles, They have all had great careers but Mayweather has had a great career undefeated. Pacquiao and these other fighters have had big wins against top fighters but they also failed against "top fighters". Mayweather has beaten every top fighter he has ever fought. The same cannot be said for the other guys on that list. There is no other fighter in this era that is undefeated and has had the sucess that Mayweather has. The rest of these guys have had success but they have also had failure. Floyd has not. This puts Floyd above them in my mind.

are you comparing mayweathers resume to oscars or mosleys? yea let's see him go unbeaten after facing trinidad, whitaker, prime mosley, prime delahoya, hopkins, forrest, winky, pac, cotto, margarito, and more. yea don't think so! maybe in fantasy land. stick to the baldomirs floyd stick to the baldomirs.

Comment

by definition yes because if you are beaten then the one that beat you is better then you. if no one bests you then no one is better then you

Comment

Originally posted by TheManniePhresh View Post

your one of these guys arent you?
                    that's getting old and it's not funny anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post

Manny Pacquiao
                      Miguel Cotto
                      Shane Mosley
                      Oscar De La Hoya

i couldn't say it better than you, great post.

Comment

Working...
                      X