Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafael Marquez-Juan Manuel Lopez Clash In Works For September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lopez floors Rafael 3 times in the first round.

Rafael comes back and wins most of the rounds.

Fight ends in a draw, with one judge scoring the first round 10-7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I honestly truly disagree with the Lopez comment in keeping up with Cab's. That's like saying Cotto can keep up with Margarito's/Williams' for the whole fight.
      How? Cotto's never been on pace in any fight to throw well over 1,000 punches so I would never say that about Cotto.

However, Lopez was on pace for like 1200 punches against Penelosa. He has shown he is capable of that kind of workrate, I don't see how that comparison is valid at all.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
        Hey Mr ***tastic 100K Caballero doesnt win a round against Juanma???
        How can he win a round if Lopez won't fight him? Top Rank obviously does not want to match any of their fighters with Caballero, who is a lot better then you give him credit for.

Comment

How about over a million? That's if your ass doesn't get banned again.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            How? Cotto's never been on pace in any fight to throw well over 1,000 punches so I would never say that about Cotto.

However, Lopez was on pace for like 1200 punches against Penelosa. He has shown he is capable of that kind of workrate, I don't see how that comparison is valid at all.
            because juanma is puerto rican just like cotto.

Comment

All you have to do is watch them fight. Skills wise they are levels apart it's clear as day.
              He is a clouded , biased rican hater . thats why he gets along with Iceta. First the Cotto thread. Then taking shots at Lopez. Since hes such a big man , he should fight for a living , see what path he would take. To be talking so much ****.

Why not concentrate all ur hate in a real duck. Gamboa. Caballero and Rojas.

Not to mention, Marquez finally grew some balls. Lopez has been looking for him for years. When he wasnt even known.

Comment

Making a bet on a fight you know Juanma will always duck.

All you have to do is watch them fight. Skills wise they are levels apart it's clear as day.
                Not really apparent to me at all. Caba is far more dynamic. Lopez is totally overrated. Imo.
                Originally posted by Low Blow 787 View Post
                Jack "*****" burton. I asked u yesterday , maybe u saw it and didnt want to answer. Maybe u didnt see it. are you or is ur background mexican?
                Yes. I'm Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow 787 View Post
                  He is a clouded , biased rican hater . thats why he gets along with Iceta. First the Cotto thread. Then taking shots at Lopez. Since hes such a big man , he should fight for a living , see what path he would take. To be talking so much ****.

Why not concentrate all ur hate in a real duck. Gamboa. Caballero and Rojas.

Not to mention, Marquez finally grew some balls. Lopez has been looking for him for years. When he wasnt even known.
                  When who wasn't even known??

Btw, I don't know if you've noticed but since 2007 Rafa's been busy making boxing history with Vazquez.

Comment

But if Caballero matches that work rate, Lopez is more likely to get tired imo. Lopez got tired against Mtwaga because Mtwaga stood right infront of him and matched him with bigshot for bigshot.

I think it's unlikely that both fighters reach the thousand mark anyway if they ever fight.

Comment

This works both ways my friend. Couple months later he is fighting for his life and people come up with the weight drained excuse. I see Lopez like Cintron, once he sees someone taking his punch he will be in "oh ****" mode.

You're a very respectable poster and you know I always give you props cause you're one of the few ones on this site that isn't biased.

Comment

Working...
                      X