Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cotto's performance reminiscent of Hatton's vs Paulie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Cotto's performance reminiscent of Hatton's vs Paulie?

Remember Hatton came back to look pretty good in many eyes against Paulie. But Paulie was featherfisted like Yuri and used his legs a lot like Yuri. Both fighters have the seek and destroy mentality which suited them well against 2 light punching movers. Both also had new trainers to get a feeling of starting new again. But then when Hatton took a step up once again, he got obliterated. Now I'm not saying the same can happen to Cotto, but are we overrating Cotto's win against Yuri? I thought it was a good/solid win, but nothing spectacular to say, it's a new Cotto. If he rematched Pacquiao, I can't see anything but size making a difference in the fight. When your outclassed for more than half a fight, it sort of means the other guy is better than you. Also if Cotto rematches Margarito, is his body willing to go into another war and take that kind of punishment once more? I don't think Cotto can take a huge step up without being hurt bad.

yep................cottos ok aslong as he doesnt face anyone elite..or he will get beaten down again..like i said fight angulo and snatch a belt from spinks and maybe cintron..all 3 are notable names ones a champion

Comment

Eh...Yuri is better than Paulie. And Paulie doesn't use his legs nearly as much as Yuri. Cotto looked better than Hatton did because Cotto IS better than Hatton, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Eh...Yuri is better than Paulie. And Paulie doesn't use his legs nearly as much as Yuri. Cotto looked better than Hatton did because Cotto IS better than Hatton, simple as that.
        Co sign!!! Thread/

Comment

Exactly the same, aggressive fighters will always look good against fighters that can't hurt them. I wanted the fight to go the distance though to see if Cotto gassed and started running again.

Comment

Kellerman even said they picked yuri because of his feather-fisted-ness

Comment

Originally posted by Ke$ha View Post
              Kellerman even said they picked yuri because of his feather-fisted-ness
              Well that can't be disputed, but Cotto's skills looked very good. His speed took a big hit, though. I think he's done as a true elite fighter, but he can beat up the best of the rest.

Comment

No, Hatton looked like **** in his fight with Paulie, I saw nothing impressive about it and have no clue why the fight was stopped. From the opening bell Cotto was getting leather on Yuri, not by smothering him but just out boxing him and cutting off the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  No, Hatton looked like **** in his fight with Paulie, I saw nothing impressive about it and have no clue why the fight was stopped. From the opening bell Cotto was getting leather on Yuri, not by smothering him but just out boxing him and cutting off the ring.
                  Foreman was not holding on for his life like Malignaggi was.

Comment

two different scenarios and not much similarity besides the low KO rate for Paulie and Yuri

Cotto can box, Hatton is brawler.
                    and Yuri was in the fight before his injury

Comment

Working...
                    X