Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Margarito vs Cotto rematch (Warning boxing will be discussed here)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Margarito vs Cotto rematch (Warning boxing will be discussed here)

This is a serious question. I'm not a Margarito hater and you can check my post history if you'd like. This is just an observation.

It's no secret that style wise Margarito was bad news for Cotto. After losses to Pacquiao and Margarito it's evident that Cotto doesn't do well against pressure fighters. My question is this:

Do you think Margarito will use the same strategy against Cotto that he used last time?

I ask because he took alot of punishment in his last fight with Cotto and took even more in the Mosley fight. If his chin is indeed cracked do you think he will use his usual style? It seems he was trying new things in his last fight with Garcia and I wonder if he's trying to change things up.

Obviously Cotto needs major adjustments to beat Margarito. He needs to learn to clinch and go to Margarito's body. Other than that he was boxing beautifully until he could no longer handle the pressure. However, do you think Mosley has made Margarito more cautious?

margarito will definitely do the same thing he did against cotto; yo, it got him his biggest W.

cotto's the one who needs to do things differently, specifically clinch and disrupt marg's forward progress.

he needs to stop being cute.

Comment

If anybody can teach Cotto how to clinch, it's E.S.

I think he wins a rematch

Comment

Nothing will change here with Margarito except maybe holding a higher guard like he did vs. Cintron. Cotto will never clinch because he doesn't want to fight like a *****. He can't go toe to toe either with the stronger man so he will likely try to box off the back foot again until he runs out of steam which could be even faster at 154lbs.

Comment

margo will preasure cotto and if he still has his punch resistance he will beat cotto again..cotto has to go to the body and clinch or he will gas out and get stopped

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
            Nothing will change here with Margarito except maybe holding a higher guard like he did vs. Cintron. Cotto will never clinch because he doesn't want to fight like a *****. He can't go toe to toe either with the stronger man so he will likely try to box off the back foot again until he runs out of steam which could be even faster at 154lbs.
            cotto corrects that erroneous way of thinking and he'll have a greater chance at winning this.

all boxers clinch - its a necessary evil.

Comment

Tony need to have same beard as before
              he was effective since Cotto couldn't hurt him
              if he can still take his shots, he pummel Cotto again
              no need to change anything

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
                id rather clinch than have to take multiple knees like a *****

Comment

Margo changed his style up a bit!!!!1

He's trying to box now but I think hell try da same style against cotto that worked so effective with the uppercuts and relentless pressure!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!11!

Comment

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
                    This is a serious question. I'm not a Margarito hater and you can check my post history if you'd like. This is just an observation.

It's no secret that style wise Margarito was bad news for Cotto. After losses to Pacquiao and Margarito it's evident that Cotto doesn't do well against pressure fighters. My question is this:

Do you think Margarito will use the same strategy against Cotto that he used last time?

I ask because he took alot of punishment in his last fight with Cotto and took even more in the Mosley fight. If his chin is indeed cracked do you think he will use his usual style? It seems he was trying new things in his last fight with Garcia and I wonder if he's trying to change things up.

Obviously Cotto needs major adjustments to beat Margarito. He needs to learn to clinch and go to Margarito's body. Other than that he was boxing beautifully until he could no longer handle the pressure. However, do you think Mosley has made Margarito more cautious?
                    I think Margarito will indeed use the same startegy he used for the 1st fight. Although he did take a lot of punishment in their 1st fight and in the Mosley fight I don't think that will make him change his style. As far as him boxing more in his last fight that was the gameplan. He came back in the ring from a horrible TKO loss and add to that his inactivity and he was facing a puncher. It was just precautions him and his team took.

Comment

Working...
                    X