Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSAC,withdrawal of blood far outweighs the threat of cheating.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
    I never said *******/***** ****.. You clearly stated that since fighters are making millions they can now buy ways to beat the system.. Hence your example Shane and Pac...

Really now.. So now that a fighter is making millions they can buy or make up some type of PED that will not show up in test...

Back to the original issue. If a fighter were to get a number of blood samples withdrawn during an extensive 8 weeks of training while trying to make weight, dont you think this would have some type of affect on the fighter.. Seriously..
    ummmm, what is no??? seriously we had athletes tested in the same manner at the last two olympic events. u kno, the one where both usain bolt and a little swimmer by the name of michael phelps broke all types of crazy records. rememebr tht one??? what detrimental effects did they have??? explain tht to me. what those doctors said was nonsense, and just about everyone knos it.

Comment

I never said *******/***** ****.. You clearly stated that since fighters are making millions they can now buy ways to beat the system.. Hence your example Shane and Pac...
      I never had Pacquiao as an example. But he aswell as Miguel Cotto or Floyd Mayweather would fit the bill of a topathlete with financial stability to get the best drugs possible from the best labs possible.

Shane is a very good example of what i am talking about since he has admitted to taking part of this.

Really now.. So now that a fighter is making millions they can buy or make up some type of PED that will not show up in test...
      Potentially yes. Look up Balco for future references.

[/I]Back to the original issue. If a fighter were to get a number of blood samples withdrawn during an extensive 8 weeks of training while trying to make weight, dont you think this would have some type of affect on the fighter.. Seriously..
      I dont see how it could affect it even the slightest. You would lose alot more blood during sparring. It would have to be a pshychological thing.

This is what i would like to know more of. What kind of injuries are NSAC actually referring to? If it is bruises from a needle, i think the potential of cheating far outweigh any harm a testing could have to the athlete.

Comment

Best testing available > Inferior testing

That's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
          Toney was caught by the NYSAC and California.

Nevada is supposed to be the best when it comes to drug testing, but it doesn't mean it's that good anyway or can't improve. Neither does fighters getting caught mean that it can't improve a lot. Yeah some fighters get caught, do you really believe those are the ONLY guys who took PEDs? Shane Mosley admitted to "unknowingly" taking EPO and the Clear and he passed the drug tests. The fighters know when they get tested.

People who were with the NSAC for many years have openly talked about the flaws in the system. Flip Homansky straight up said you won't get caught if you aren't sloppy.

Even if they do improve it with this WADA/USADA/random blood and urine stuff, they'll probably will be some other chemists ahead of the curve, creating some undetectable PED.
          Now thats something I can believe.. Im not a PED user or no nothing about them but I would think a user can use them during off peak times when their not in training or when they do not have a fight signed. Thats when I would think the best time to use the drug.

So the best way to catch these cheaters is test them year round unknowingly..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
            Best testing available > Inferior testing

That's just my opinion.
            I fully agree. I dont see how anyone could even feel otherwise if the only downside is a potential bruising from the needle.

Comment

Now thats something I can believe.. Im not a PED user or no nothing about them but I would think a user can use them during off peak times when their not in training or when they do not have a fight signed. Thats when I would think the best time to use the drug.

So the best way to catch these cheaters is test them year round unknowingly..
              Floyd and Shane ARE in the USADA's "Out of Competition Testing Pool".

I would bring up the podcast but it has been deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by fugu View Post
                I fully agree. I dont see how anyone could even feel otherwise if the only downside is a potential bruising from the needle.
                its sad really, that the only reason ppl have issue with this is for the love of some fighter that doesnt give 2 ****s about them. i mean im a mayweather fan, but im not dumb enuff to believe that he's tryna clean up the sport and im not even convinced manny takes ****. however, the point remains.

better testing needs to be implemented. i wanna kno whos the best without sticking needles in their arms. its funny how u say theres a chance of bruising with a needle but then u basically go out and say that outweighs the potential of someone being harmed by an athlelet who is essentially cheating and artificially enhancing their strength/endurance, ect.

Comment

I never had Pacquiao as an example. But he aswell as Miguel Cotto or Floyd Mayweather would fit the bill of a topathlete with financial stability to get the best drugs possible from the best labs possible.

Shane is a very good example of what i am talking about since he has admitted to taking part of this.

Potentially yes. Look up Balco for future references.

I dont see how it could affect it even the slightest. You would lose alot more blood during sparring. It would have to be a pshychological thing.

This is what i would like to know more of. What kind of injuries are NSAC actually referring to? If it is bruises from a needle, i think the potential of cheating far outweigh any harm a testing could have to the athlete.
                  In all honestly, yes I think they should find a better way to clean up the sport but I honestly havent given it to much thought since fighters are already being caught. Do I think their are ways to beat the system, well if you know how the testing system works sure. Considering the system has flaws, im sure their are ways to beat it...

Now with numerous blood samples withdrawn while in serious training and also trying to make weight.. I would think that would have some type of affect especially if it was hard for the fighter to make weight..

Take Oscar for example when he made weight to fight Pac. As skinny and drained as he looked, if he were to take numerous blood samples as well, im sure that would affect his performance.. Yes Oscar went down an extreme amount of weight.. but just using that as an example. If its already hard for a fighter to make weight, taking numerous blood samples can affect a fighters performance as well wouldnt you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smoke View Post
                    Floyd and Shane ARE in the USADA's "Out of Competition Testing Pool".

I would bring up the podcast but it has been deleted.
                    no theyre not.

Out of Competition Testing
                    Michael Ramirez Folsom CA, "Are Mayweather and Mosley subject to out of competition testing through the USADA?"

Typically, all amateur athletes that participate in drug testing through the USADA are subject to out of competition testing. Even though Floyd and Shane agreed to this style of testing they are no longer being tested. However, they both agreed to out of competition testing only if any of their pre or post-fight tests spark a valid concern.
                    http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Sacr...-by-end-of-May
                    Last edited by shogunn; 06-13-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Bruising from a needle does not interfere with training...

If that's a downside than that's a slight one at that...

Comment

Working...
                      X