Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Standards Reguarding The Destruction Of GERALD McCLELLAN?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@hitman:

So are you basically saying that Gerald doesn't have the mental capacity to pull stunts/quit professionally?

Also I just figured out I way Cintron would have quit at 3:00.

Comment

Two things especially upset me when I watch the McClennan-Benn fight:

1) That the referee permitted Nigel Benn to RABBIT PUNCH as much as he wanted, even though it has been medically proven that blows to the center of the back of the head cause brain damage and can even cause death.

There was one very hard rabbit punch toward the end of the fight. It is my belief that is what mainly caused the brain damage, although the head butt worsened it and perhaps McClellan was already damaged in an earlier round.

2) The stupid commentator who probably had never fought himself questioning McClellans heart. I would like to punch that bastard in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
        Two things especially upset me when I watch the McClennan-Benn fight:

1) That the referee permitted Nigel Benn to RABBIT PUNCH as much as he wanted, even though it has been medically proven that blows to the center of the back of the head cause brain damage and can even cause death.

There was one very hard rabbit punch toward the end of the fight. It is my belief that is what mainly caused the brain damage, although the head butt worsened it and perhaps McClellan was already damaged in an earlier round.

2) The stupid commentator who probably had never fought himself questioning McClellans heart. I would like to punch that bastard in the face.

Really? what an idiot. Do you have a clip of this? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MmuhammadM View Post
          [/b]

Really? what an idiot. Do you have a clip of this? thanks.
          The Showtime version. It's in our videos section for download.

Comment

The Showtime version. It's in our videos section for download.
            I'll take a look at that later on. What round does he say this commentary?

Comment

why are you deliberately focusing on things he did after hagler?

why don't you tell me what you mean by "everything"?
              post-hagler should be enough to not pick Leonard for an example of bravery.

first retiring, then coming back after Hagler retired, then the negotiations for the Lalonde fight, then fighting the ppl he fought when 160 was STACKED with talent...

That being said, I would have done everything Leonard did, like I would do today what Mayweather does. Make as much money as possible.

I also have a lot of respect for those that do it differently. Leonard however is NOT one of them.

Comment

I'll take a look at that later on. What round does he say this commentary?
                Last round, at the end of the fight. He said McClennan quit, and questioned his heart.

Found it on YouTube:

Between 3:45 and 5:00.
                Last edited by The Hammer; 06-13-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Last round, at the end of the fight. He said McClennan quit, and questioned his heart.

Found it on YouTube:

I would have liked him to quit at 3:00 to preserve his nervous system. HE had TOO MUCH heart for his own good. He even ignored the fact that he could feel his head and eyes twitching. Gerald is a true warrior.

Comment

I would have liked him to quit at 3:00 to preserve his nervous system. HE had TOO MUCH heart for his own good. He even ignored the fact that he could feel his head and eyes twitching. Gerald is a true warrior.
                    Very true, but that idiot commentator didn't think so at the time. Later, he realized McClennen was injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
                      BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAH

Leonard a braveheart??

You picked the worst possible example you could have picked.

and btw, we have his modern twin right here and now. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                      Ok then watch this video and then try telling me that they have "twin" characteristics:

Comment

Working...
                      X